Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Evil Dead Review: Superbuu3

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Evil Dead Review: Superbuu3 Empty
PostSubject: Evil Dead Review: Superbuu3   Evil Dead Review: Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 1:11 am

I'll avoid spoilers as best I can.

This film is often heralded as one of the classic horror movies. I can honestly say this is definitely worth watching at least once to see what exactly all the fuss was about. It was also banned in several countries or at least edited significantly. Watching the film this becomes understandable it was clearly ahead of its time.

Evil Dead was made in 1982 the horror genre was something very different back then. For starters it used to actually involve ghosts and demons and rather then shock tactics or gross out scenes, it was relying mainly on atmosphere and music. This does appear to be a low budget film at first, when you start seeing the somewhat awkward camera angles in the opening scenes of the film, but soon this will grow on you and you will see the film was intentionally shot this way. The film is basically set in a little cottage in the woods, expect to see a lot of future horror stereotypes to be born within.

Considering this film is almost 30 years old I can honestly say the violence is pretty amazing certain scenes putting more modern films to shame. Some scenes genuinely caught me off guard, although I am somewhat desensitised to horror movies having been watching them since roughly the age of 4, I can safely say parts of this film were pretty scary.

The film also earns bonus points for unpredictability, I was trying to work out the order of people dying and how they'd die and I wasn't all that accurate at all. Having been more famliiar with Bruce Campbell's later work I can say it was a pleasant suprise to see what he used to act like before he became cheesy, melodramatic and generally even more awesome.

To sum it up in one sentence Evil Dead is possibly one of the best horror films I've seen considering its age. This is pretty much in the same league as 'The Omen' films which were pretty awesome.

I will be posting a review on the remake/sequel shortly while its still fresh in my head, but i urge you to watch this film before you watch the second you will be able to appreciate the full trilogy much more if you do.

Last edited by Superbuu3 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Evil Dead Review: Superbuu3   Evil Dead Review: Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:43 am

i loved this movie when i was a kid. i eventually bought one of the games which actually sucked hard unfortunately
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Evil Dead Review: Superbuu3   Evil Dead Review: Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:26 am

This movie is tit. Tree rape FTW
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Evil Dead Review: Superbuu3   Evil Dead Review: Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:43 am

I watched it back to back with the second, this is definitely a horror classic.

I'm not suprised this was banned at all.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Evil Dead Review: Superbuu3   Evil Dead Review: Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:14 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:

Banning movies like this is such a dumb thing to do, it just makes kids want to watch it more.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Evil Dead Review: Superbuu3   Evil Dead Review: Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:16 pm

Neo wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

Banning movies like this is such a dumb thing to do, it just makes kids want to watch it more.
Maybe that was the plan all along.

Evil Dead Review: Superbuu3 Pensive-Obama
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Evil Dead Review: Superbuu3   Evil Dead Review: Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:21 pm

Neo wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

True but people controlling censoship don't normally get that. I don't think it was banned in the US as far as i know.

This was a lot more hardcore then horror films at the time they probably thought parents would allow their children to watch it if they had it. So i guess that the logic not that i agree with it.

I mean nowaday films are just screwed up the films end up being more fucked up using shock tactics to get a cheap scare. They probably don't get banned for the reason Skip was sating people would just strive to watch them, even if there crap.

Evil dead is probably the only previously banned film i seen that i actually thought was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evil Dead Review: Superbuu3   Evil Dead Review: Superbuu3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evil Dead Review: Superbuu3
Page 1 of 1