Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal

Go down 
+7
Dr. Chocolate
Zero
Baal
Talking Sock
Savage
Superbuu3
Kaio
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 1:20 am

Every single panel of screentime she appears in is spent about her whining about her shitty future, the fact the doesn't exist in the current one and if she should or shouldn't tell Scott that she's his daughter. Also, she looks like a lesbian, randomly got a Phoenix power-up and is easily the most powerful mutant in the team.

Luckily she's gone and we got Psylocke instead, who's pretty okay, but she hasn't done much, aside from keeping Ghost Kitty alive.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 1:50 am

Oh man, wait til you get further in the Summers family line, not only does it get more fucked up but the actual family tree is the insane family tree I have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 1:54 am

As long as I don't get any more whiny babbies. At least Cyclops' inner conflicts are somewhat compelling.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 2:47 am

Kaio wrote:
Posting my thoughts here while going through all the X-Men comics (I'm currently at pack 2 out of 24 and I've been reading for a month).

Stan Lee's stuff was prettt awful.
I agree

Quote :
Chris Clairmont's stuff is great, especially considering the time it was written in.
I stopped after DP saga

Quote :
I was a bit dissappointed in the Dark Phoenix saga. Jean's slow corruption was done really well, but once she stopped being the Black Queen and actually became Dark Phoenix, it became boring. The final chapter of the saga was good though.
I wish the Dark thing wasn't induced, it sucks
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 3:09 am

Kaio wrote:
So Jean Grey is revived (I know right?)
That shit happens more than once with her, I'd just like to know how many
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 3:11 am

A lot. It's sorta her thing to come back to life and die every couple years.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 2:43 pm

Currently in the early nineties. Every X-comic is having a reboot, as well as a couple new serials.

Clairemont left, not that that is such a bad thing. His work on Uncanny X-Men became extremely boring and creating Jubilee was the final nail in the coffin. His work on Excalibur was great though, shame he left around issue 30.

X-Factor had its ups and downs, but it was mostly good. It's probably because its main characters were mostly boring, that I didn't care much at times. The new X-Factor team is awesome though and I'm looking forward to future stories.

New Mutants was ZZZZZZ all the way till it became the Cable Comic AKA X-Force, which so EXTREME NINETIES it's painful.

The best crossover so far was probably X-Tinction Agenda. Very exciting and had some well done fights.

Current line-ups for the insane amount of serials going on now:

Uncanny X-Men: Storm, Jean, Iceman, Colossus, Archangel, Bishop
X-Men: Cyclops, Wolverine, Psylocke, Beast, Rogue, Gambit
Excalibur: Captain Brittain, Shadowcat, Nightcrawler, Phoenix, Megghan
X-Factor: Havok, Polaris, Multiple Man, Quicksilver, Wolfsbane, Strong Guy
X-Force: Cable, Domino, Cannonball, Warpath, Boom-Boom, Shatterstar, Feral

Rankings of characters:

Top tier:
Shadowcat
Nightcrawler
Magneto

High tier:
Wolverine
Beast
British Psylocke
Colossus
Cyclops
Captain Brittain
Rogue

Mid tier:
Jean
Storm
Iceman
Gambit
Current X-Factor

Low tier:
X-Force
Archangel
Megghan
Asian Psylocke
Phoenix

Fuck off tier:
Jubilee
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 6:30 pm

Nightcrawler is really cool!
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:25 pm

Agree, but I like Iceman just as much
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 9:13 pm

Jubilee hates Kitty. How am I not surprised.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:59 pm

Your shit hates your favorite X-Babe :p
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:42 pm

I just bought the Astonishing X-Men omnibus, which contains Whedon and Cassaday's entire run (680 pages). I felt obligated to pay money for a series with such a great story and fantastic art.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 2:47 pm

So Legion went back into the past and accidentally killed Xavier, which destroyed the X-Men universe and made Marvel go bankrupt.

lol j/k only the latter really happened.

I hope Age of Apocalypse is as good as people make it out to be.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 12:07 am

About great stories and art I agree for the most part

How many times did they kill Xavier?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 12:11 am

At the point I'm reading he's died twice and has been crippled twice.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:18 pm

Currently reading '97's crossover story and I've pretty much decided that '90s X-Men sucks. Repetitive and often convoluted storytelling, no new interesting characters, too much focus on flashiness and three quarters of the (10!) X-titles are completely unneccesary. Save for a few crossovers, nothing that happened in this decade is worth reading.

Sigh, can we get to Grant Morrison already?
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:01 pm

You don't like the XXXXX-TREME X-men? Come on.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:19 pm

I don't and the fact that the characters most focussed on all fall perfectly within that theme (Cable, Bishop, Gambit, Jubilee) certainly doesn't help matters.

Seriously, what happened to those little scenes with regular dudes just hanging out, like Wolverine and Nightcrawler bonding through the majestic act of drinking beer?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:20 pm

Also Scott Lobdell neutered Emma so hard it's surprising she's become such a badass in the past decade.

Currently she's a whiny housewife who is anything but cold and calculating.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 6:59 pm

Kitty, Nightcrawler and Colossus rejoined the X-Men after Excalibur ended, so that's cool.

Together with Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Gambit and Marrow thet makes for a pretty fantastic line-up.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 8:00 pm

90s is the most terrifying era for comics, things seem like X-Men had the worst treatment of the big Marvel names at least
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 8:31 pm

X-Men is the poster child for everything that was wrong with comics in the '90s. A lot of it spread to other titles in the Marvel universe, and DC actually came out of it relatively unscathed.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 8:59 pm

I like how now that we're getting closer to the end of the decade all the shitty parts of the '90s are ebbing away. EXTREME SITUATIONS? Gone. Ten billion series? Two just got cancelled. Cable, Bishop, Jubilee? Only appear in one series, if at all.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:07 pm

Will you be reading Cable & Deadpool?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:12 pm

Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal   Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kaio's ongoing X-Men journal
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next