Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm gonna start playing new vegas

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

I'm gonna start playing new vegas Empty
PostSubject: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 2:29 am

Anything i should know before i start?

I'm guessing stats wise intel 10 is a must as in F3, i'm guessing lockpick/sneak/small arms assuming that covers rifles i'll probbaly have decent repair and elecxtronics to or whatever you need for computers.

Or am i doing it wrong?

Also do i need to pay attn to the intro cutscene cause i kinda ignored or should i watch it properly and listen to what the deal with everything is?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 2:30 am

Intelligence isn't as important this time around. I think I had 8 in Perception and Endurance though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:15 am

Skip wrote:
Intelligence isn't as important this time around. I think I had 8 in Perception and Endurance though.
Eh?
Doesn't it determine skill points at level up any more?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:21 am

Yes, but only half a point per Intelligence. As opposed to a full point. So it's not as worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:25 am

The main difference Int will make is with your dialogue. If you have low Int your character will basically be a mongoloid whereas high Int will make you a genius. It's pretty amusing actually.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:26 am

Skip wrote:
Yes, but only half a point per Intelligence. As opposed to a full point. So it's not as worthwhile.
What level are you by end game and can you free roam after completion?

I'm just debating if i'm gonna get sufficient skill points in game to justify raising it to 10 just checked what stats do and i'm guessing a high luck in this game is godly.

If i play hardcore i'll probably be going for strength and endurance due to the carry limit might as well be a melee fiend.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:35 am

Melee/Unarmed is fucking overpowered, even on V.Hard Hardcore. It's not possible to max everything like it was in FO3 so you should aim for something from the get go.

Also there's enough content in the game to hit max level twice, assuming you do sidequests.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:52 am

Neo wrote:
Melee/Unarmed is fucking overpowered, even on V.Hard Hardcore. It's not possible to max everything like it was in FO3 so you should aim for something from the get go.

Also there's enough content in the game to hit max level twice, assuming you do sidequests.
Ok cool thanks that helps a lot.

I'm gonna go lockpick/science/guns/repair, if i have max intel and high luck/agility i'm guessing that will be enough for me i normally get perks like educated so i'll probably hoard books for whatever perk uses that to. I generally despise energy weapons.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 6:02 am

IIRC Perception increases critical damage. That plus a high Luck stat (critical chance) is pretty badass. It's also linked to lockpick.

I did a pretty similar thing, though I maxed out guns/lockpick/science/speech. But my repair was 90 so I got Jury Rigging.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 8:16 am

Don't max anything out. You can get implants to raise your stats by 1. Have 8 strength and at least 8 intelligence and the rest don't really matter. Of course no matter how you divvy up the points it wont matter. There isn't a path you can take in this game stat wise that causes it to be too hard or unbeatable.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 8:24 am

While that's true Ellis, it's recommended that you take a combat ability despite being able to go through the game with stealth and jedi mind tricks diplomacy.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:15 pm

True. Guns is probably the best choice for skills. Melee and unarmed is a lot of fun though. Make sure the the first thing do is go north form Goodsprings after the begining of the game. That's where all the easy monsters live.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:08 pm

Ellis wrote:
True. Guns is probably the best choice for skills. Melee and unarmed is a lot of fun though. Make sure the the first thing do is go north form Goodsprings after the begining of the game. That's where all the easy monsters live.
No, really, Melee/Unarmed is better. You can't kill the Legendary Deathclaw in one hit with guns, unless you nuke it or something.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:43 pm

Yea but I mean if your Agility is high enough and you have decent guns you don't have to worry about ever getting hit. You can just VATS everything to death. While melee/unarmed is more powerful you have to get up close to enemies and you risk losing health. If you're gun skill is high enough of course.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:48 am

Being the dumbass I am I put 9 for intel, 6 for agility the rest are 5

Then i put small frame and 4 eyes as i wanted to boost agility and perception now i need to find some freaking glasses.

I tagged guns, science and lockpick. I'll probably use that ability at a level up that gives you an extra 1 SPECIAL point and shove it in agility. I feel dumb for not reducing charm to 1 but i wasn't paying attn and i refuse to talk my way out of situations that can be solved with violence.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:52 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
I tagged guns, science and lockpick. I'll probably use that ability at a level up that gives you an extra 1 SPECIAL point and shove it in agility.
Don't do that, you only get a perk every two levels so it's not worth it. Wait till you get near Vegas and you can buy a +1 Agility implant.

Also Charisma is actually useful in NV, aside from the fact that Speech is a lot more important it gives your companions huge power boosts.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:57 am

Neo wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
I tagged guns, science and lockpick. I'll probably use that ability at a level up that gives you an extra 1 SPECIAL point and shove it in agility.
Don't do that, you only get a perk every two levels so it's not worth it. Wait till you get near Vegas and you can buy a +1 Agility implant.

Also Charisma is actually useful in NV, aside from the fact that Speech is a lot more important it gives your companions huge power boosts.
What SPECIAL is worth upping in respect to not improving a skill?
In other words which natural stat can improve something i can't improve by improving skills.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 3:04 am

I dunno Neo, despite only getting a perk every second level, I found myself running out of things I actually wanted to get a few times.

I picked up the SPECIAL increase twice I think.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 3:06 am

I know Luck increases crit chance and how well you do while gambling, Perception increases the distance at which you can detect enemies, Strength increases carry weight and is needed to use some weapons, Endurance increases your health and the max number of implants you can get, Charisma powers up companions and Agility increases your max AP and ecreases the time it takes to draw/holster your weapons.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 3:34 am

Neo wrote:
I know Luck increases crit chance and how well you do while gambling, Perception increases the distance at which you can detect enemies, Strength increases carry weight and is needed to use some weapons, Endurance increases your health and the max number of implants you can get, Charisma powers up companions and Agility increases your max AP and ecreases the time it takes to draw/holster your weapons.

Thanks guess i'll go with enduro

Skip wrote:
I dunno Neo, despite only getting a perk every second level, I found myself running out of things I actually wanted to get a few times.

I picked up the SPECIAL increase twice I think.

Yeah i looked at a list and i didn't want most things
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 6:43 am

I agree with Neo on this one.

But if you were gonna take any of the perks in the begining it should have been gifted and nothing else. Small frame isn't too bad but I don't like it as I like to hoard my shit as much as possible without loading too much on companians. Especially since I was switching uniforms so much.

Oh and agility totally makes you move faster when your gun is holstered too. My hardcore game has a 4 agility and I can tell the difference from when I had 10 in my last one. Maybe it's just me tho.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:36 pm

Ellis wrote:
I agree with Neo on this one.

But if you were gonna take any of the perks in the begining it should have been gifted and nothing else. Small frame isn't too bad but I don't like it as I like to hoard my shit as much as possible without loading too much on companians. Especially since I was switching uniforms so much.

Oh and agility totally makes you move faster when your gun is holstered too. My hardcore game has a 4 agility and I can tell the difference from when I had 10 in my last one. Maybe it's just me tho.
Small frame just makes you take more damage doesn't effect carrying capacity, and i'm like Neo in the matrix possibly like our australian friend to i'm not sure.

Also you guys are haters on the glasses.

Gifted? I don't think thats a trait. I know you siad perk but i'm not even level 2 yet so i hadn't chosen one.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 6:26 pm

I was totally confusing the traits in Fallout and Fallout 2 and this game. Gifted is not in this game but it was awesome. And small frame lowered your cafrrying weight instead of just making it easier to get crippled.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:44 pm

I think i just the best traits for my leet skills, although the gun accuracy one was intereting and weird wasteland i will definitely use on a second run.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 1:53 am

Yeah, I plan on picking Wild Wasteland next run, when I get around to it.

I think I chose the one which heightened agility or something but made your limbs easier to cripple and maybe some sort of Intelligence or Perception one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm gonna start playing new vegas   I'm gonna start playing new vegas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm gonna start playing new vegas
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next