Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tales From Space: About a Blob

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Tales From Space: About a Blob Empty
PostSubject: Tales From Space: About a Blob   Tales From Space: About a Blob Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 5:40 pm

It's a fun game. You side scroll around absorbing stuff to get bigger so you can break out of a science lab and I guess eventually take over the world. From the demo it appears you get some oher powers as well, like magnetism and such.

One thing that put me off though, was that although the blob ggets bigger as it absorbs stuff, the sense of scale and weight sucks. It's like everything else just shrinks rather than te blob getting bigger. A level where you're the size of pool ball plays exactly the same as a level where you're he size of a car. You don't feel any bigger. Which I suppose helps balance the game since growth is required to progress (as the story progresses you get bigger and bigger) rather than being player determined from level to level.

In Locoroco for example, you start each level the same size and get bigger as you along, dependig on how many Locoroco you collect. And you can fel the physics shift as you gain size an weight. Plus you take up more of the screen. In this game, just looking at the blob itself, it's impossible to tell if it's growing or not. It's always the same size on screen, and it never feels like it gets any heavier. Like I said, it's as the blob stays the same and everything else gets smaller.

Still might get it though. I'll have to look up how many leves there are.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Tales From Space: About a Blob   Tales From Space: About a Blob Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 6:19 pm

Is it the sequel to De Blob?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tales From Space: About a Blob   Tales From Space: About a Blob Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 7:21 pm

I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tales From Space: About a Blob   Tales From Space: About a Blob Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Kaede wrote:
Is it the sequel to De Blob?
No
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tales From Space: About a Blob   Tales From Space: About a Blob Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 2:08 am

The change of scale is much more appreciable in the full game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tales From Space: About a Blob   Tales From Space: About a Blob Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 2:18 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
The change of scale is much more appreciable in the full game.
Does he actually change shape because it seemed really crap because he never did actually.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales From Space: About a Blob   Tales From Space: About a Blob Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tales From Space: About a Blob
Page 1 of 1