Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

de Blob 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

de Blob 2 Empty
PostSubject: de Blob 2   de Blob 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 2:09 am

GAME may be expensive but they sure as hell make up for it with their deliveries. I ordered this on friday, selected the 2-business-day free delivery, which is basically 4 or 5 days because of the weekend, and it arrived on saturday morning. I was not expecting that. Only £13 too.

Only played the first level so far, but I spent a good hour on it finishing off all the optional tasks and finding as many points and items as I could. It's awesome. It's like a proper platformer. Not the precision-jumping, death-trap-avoiding kind mind you. The jump-around-a-big-colourful-space-collecting-everything-in-sight kind. Except instead of collecting things you're painting things. And collecting things too.

Controls are a bit floaty but it hasn't mattered so far since there's been no precision required, although I do wish there was a way to move faster. Blob's rolling speed feels pretty slow.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

de Blob 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: de Blob 2   de Blob 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 1:08 am

I saw this for cheap i kept thinking of buying it let us know if it stays entertaining.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

de Blob 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: de Blob 2   de Blob 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 3:18 am

Done 3 levels now and managed to die once because I fell in some ink while I had 0 paint points. Paints points are youor health and your attack charge, since certain moves use varying amounts of them and it costs paint points to destroy certain things. Once you do a mission or two on a new level there's no reason you should ever run low on paint though.

Paint pools coat in whatever colour they are and paint-bots allow you to mix colours (hitting a red bot then a blue one makes you purple etc). Falling in ink makes you black and you lose paint points as long as you remain in ink. Water washes you and makes you white, so the enemies don't come after you.

There's also a time limit in which to complete the levels, but it's pretty generous and you get extra time by rescuing locals. Once all the missions are finished the timer goes away so you can do all the bonus missions at your leisure. The levels are large 3D environments dotted with smaller indoor 2D sidescrolling levels.

Once enemies get on you you have to shake the controller to get them off, and I can't really figure out to best do that. Never works usually, I just have to wait until they fall off or drag me into ink. All your attacks are auto-aimed with an L1 lock-on though, so taking stuff out is easy enough. L1 locks onto the nearest thing that's on screen, so you need to move the camera if something is behind you, and the camera can be unweildy, but it's alright.

It's always fun to just roll around painting stuff though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

de Blob 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: de Blob 2   de Blob 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 4:02 pm

The save and replay options are ridiculous. I can't figure them out. There appears to be no way to jump into a level from your last check point. Once you complete all the main missions, if you leave the level and come back to it you have to do them all over again before getting to free-play, and you even have to pick up some of the collectibles again. It's really stupid.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

de Blob 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: de Blob 2   de Blob 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 12:06 am

I understand now, the game only saves checkpoints for one level at a time. If you move on to another level and then come back, you have to do the whole level over again. Which is incredibly fucking stupid for a collect-athon platformer.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

de Blob 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: de Blob 2   de Blob 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 7:07 pm

Abed wears a T-shirt with the blob on it in the hawthorne Wipe's episode.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

de Blob 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: de Blob 2   de Blob 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 7:14 pm

I know.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

de Blob 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: de Blob 2   de Blob 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 7:18 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I know.
Well obviously you do now, because i just told you.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

de Blob 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: de Blob 2   de Blob 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 7:21 pm

Actually, I don't know. Wasn't in the episode with the Dean's breakdown? I remember him wearing it while talking to the camera.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

de Blob 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: de Blob 2   de Blob 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 7:28 pm

Apparently he wears two different ones. In the hawthorne wipes episode its when Pierce walks in with a gay t-shirt, which might be just after the opening credits.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

de Blob 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: de Blob 2   de Blob 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 7:18 pm

This game is actually fun, i got up to the third level and 100% everything up to this point. Going for the no power up run right off the bat. Hopefully i find all the collectibles easily.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

de Blob 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: de Blob 2   de Blob 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 4:51 pm

The Soda factory and final level were a pain in the ass with no power ups, I feel silly for not buying any power ups throughout the game it would've made the game a joke. Still entertaining, really did hate the soda level though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

de Blob 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: de Blob 2   de Blob 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

de Blob 2
Page 1 of 1