Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DBZ Ultimate Butoden

Go down 
+3
Talking Sock
Zero
D_Winds
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
D_Winds
Deck Hand
D_Winds

DBZ Ultimate Butoden Empty
PostSubject: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 12:57 am

For those who don't know about it yet (I couldn't find another topic about it).

Essentially it looks like Budokai 3 for the DS, and that makes me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 1:00 am

I didn't know you were on here, Winds. This looks ok.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
D_Winds
Deck Hand
D_Winds

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 2:03 am

Zero wrote:
I didn't know you were on here, Winds. This looks ok.

20th post. I can't exactly be called a regular >_>
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 2:44 am

Back to top Go down
D_Winds
Deck Hand
D_Winds

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:55 am

Pshhh November. Must've been long forgotten until now Razz
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:01 am

Still, it's funny how this amazing potential was all wasted on the DS. This game is slowly turning out to be the damn game I've wanted on the consoles in a long time. It's a traditional 2D fighter, has customizable costumes, new what-if stories(that probably won't suck as much as RB1's), cutscenes...AND IT'S ALL WASTED ON A HANDHELD! Hell, it doesn't even have a wifi online mode either. =/

Creepy that this comes out before my Birthday in Japan(with the arcade game actually coming out on my b-day).
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:32 am

It's mocking you Sora.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:33 am

How dare it.
Back to top Go down
Mewmaster
You're lying Dammit!
Mewmaster

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:19 am

Wait, what-ifs? When did any trailer so far show those?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:21 am

The first one(hell, isn't it the only actual full trailer while the rest are just short gameplay vids people stringed together?).

Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 3:02 am

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/ds_dragonball_kai/mode01.html

Showing some of the what-ifs there I think.

I presume the first is what would happen if Raditz won.

In the second one, Chaozu and Ten get a little more intimate

And the third one is what if Nappa turned against Vegeta.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:30 am

Cool. Also, King Kai is apparently a playable character. Can't wait till this comes out here.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:46 am

Raditz dodged. XD lmao
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:05 am

That looks crap
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:12 am

Well graphically, that's to be expected, but gameplay-wise, it looks pretty good. It'll probably be way more fun than those damn Spike games.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:21 am

it doesn't look better then b3 etc. I also think 2d grapphics would've worked better good 2D>>>>>>>> crappy 3d especially if its not working in 3d plains
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:53 am

No one said it looks better than B3.

Anyway, regarding the gameplay, it seems more like a suped up version Super DBZ and a return to a more traditional 2D gameplay style(which is rather different to Budokai).

I just hope the controls feel comfortable while playing a fighter like this on the DS. I never had a problem on JUS, but that game wasn't as intricate and as fast paced as UB seems to be.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:14 am

Well the spike games are more attempts at DBZ simulation any pure fighting game would look better then them.

Comparing this to any DBZ games other then the budokai series or super DBZ is pointless. Either way i don't see naything that this is doing that hasn't been done before.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 12:23 pm

It's still a welcomed title none the less. For too long have we been constantly fed horrible, disappointing Spike games, it's great to see something being released that's a bit more traditional, even if it was unfortunately made for a handheld console instead of the ps3 or something. Plus the little neat, new features are actually interesting for once, like the character customization and the addition of King Kai(a character that would actually be interesting to play for once).

And hey, imagine if turns out to be a somewhat great game, Namco Bandai could wind up pushing for a return to these types of DBZ fighters instead of sticking with those cheap, unpolished DBZ "simulators".
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 12:35 pm

The only thing this game has me interested in is the King Kai playability. That could be awesome. Hopefully this might see him included in upcoming titles.

But man, those graphics are atrocious.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 12:37 pm

I guess you have a point in that respect. Honestly i'm fairly open to the DBZ simulators (well when they get back up to BT3 standards), but it would be nice to see something more like B3 but better again, or like super DBZ.

I honestly think there's a lot more potential in these games if they went with DB though as those were more martial arts based and would have a lot more potential in terms of hand to hand combat. Kicks and punches have always looked a bit too basic in these games. The main problem is using buttons for something like Ki blasts which aren't ever used effectively in combat in DBZ anyways, aside from a few freak outs i can't think of any times when a ki blast was used to deliver damage in combat. They're always used as distractions. Hopefully when they realise wasting a button on that which could be used for more complex combat it would be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 12:46 pm

I could see a Dragon Ball based fighter, that'd be nice for a change of pace too.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 12:48 pm

I wouldn't call the Dimps games and SDBZ basic though, they have quite a lot of depth[specifically the latter which is more for hardcore gamers).

For now, DBZ seems to have reached its peak with Infinite World though. Future Dragon Ball Z games will really have to step up to a whole new level to be as deep and fun as that release was.
Back to top Go down
D_Winds
Deck Hand
D_Winds

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 7:09 pm

I've played it a bit already and I have to say..........it's really fun! Let's see if I can remember what there is..

Controls:
Y - Light attack
X- Heavy Attack
A - Grab
B- Dodge
R- regular Ki blast
L- No function?

Blocking is apparently done by pressing no buttons when you are being attacked, but I haven't tried this yet.

Gameplay has the camera shifting alot when attacking, supposedly adding to the action, which seems to work well. Free flight is semi-available
(press up twice to be airborne, but I don't think you can move up and down much). Special blasts (ex. Kamehameha) are done as in other 2D fighters, through a series of button combinations ( [<-, ->, X] i think is Kamehameha for Goku). The Ultimate blasts come with big flashy cutscenes, where both sides have to complete some sort of minigame to either counter the attack or make it go through (think of the B3 bar, but a lot more elaborate). Every character seems to have a different minigame associated with their Ultimate Blast (ex. Piccolo has you hitting different buttons in a certain order, while......I forget who, but he has to use the D-pad to move a small ball to touch spots on the top screen). Free teleporting isn't in, although the characters automatically teleport when they send the opponent flying away, crashing through terrain (which happpens a lot), preventing the need of following far off opponents)

Characters auto-unlocked:
Goku
Kid Gohan
Piccolo (2nd outfit is Nail >_>)
Saiyan Saga Vegeta
Krillin
Yamcha
Chiaotzu
Tien
Raditz
Nappa

Modes:
Story Mode - not much to say. The layout is similar to the story mode in SupersonicWarriors 2, and there are no voices played during the cutscenes (only script). It seems like you can change the difficulty beteen 3 types (Easy/Med/Hard probably) before you enter a fight in story mode.

Challenge Mode - similar to a Mission mode, where you just choose the fight and try to complete it (for example, on teh first mission, you choose 1 character and have to fight first Chiaotzu, then Tien (not sure if HP is replenished after the first fight).

Versus mode - been there, done that. There are 3 options here though, 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 (although there's no "teams" like in Tenkaichi Tag Team). No idea if there are Team attacks though, like in SSW2.

Cuztomization mode- barely touched this since I have no clue as to what is written. I guess this is where you can equip items (I notcied Yamcha in mission mode appeared to have a Senzu bean equiped, but he never used it) and customize clothing.

Training mode - <_<

Options - >_>

That's all I can think of to say for now.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 7:23 pm

loads of the B3 combos consisted of things like kickx4, cancel, kick x4, transformation rinse and repeat.

They weren't that deep, it just wasn't shallow, as you could actually use cancels and juggles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DBZ Ultimate Butoden   DBZ Ultimate Butoden Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DBZ Ultimate Butoden
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next