Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands Empty
PostSubject: Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands   Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:49 am

Got this and its really fun, graphics are nice the prince's movements are fluid although platforming through these games is second nature now i can just fly through any death traps they throw at me.

Kinda disappointed by the lack of the WW combat engine and instead a fairly loose kinda hit in the genral direction of your enemy fighting style. There is the occasional cool camera angle so itsd not all that bad i guess.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands   Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:02 am

I'll be sure to pick it up after I'm done with the PoP trilogy(which I still haven't bothered to start yet since Christmas).

I wonder if this game retcons that DS strategy game's story considering FS is meant to cover the time frame that Battles of PoP already did.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands   Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:05 pm

I gotta say this game is actually awesome. Its as fun as sands of time, and has a great water mechanic, not really fiddled with the elemental attacks but they seem a bit pants, but the platforming is better then ever I think.

Basically you gain the ability to freeze water temporarily but it freezes all water in the area and this is used amazingly in some of the hectic platforming sections. Sadly anyone who was pro at the old trilogy will most likely fly through this game as there's as yet nothing particularly challenging. The bits that would be extremely hard if you were new to the series, any experienced gamer familiar with the series will most likely pick up how to do these puzzles without dying. I've barely used the sands at all.

I'll probably do a second playthrough if i don't find all the secrets, but aside from that i doubt it will have much replay value which is a shame but mind at the price it is its definitely worth it as its probably one of the best platformers i've played. Yeah i'm putting it above U2, but only in the platforming aspect U2 is the better game as a full experience its way more fun. Still though if your a platform whore definitely play this especially if you liked sands of time.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands   Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:46 pm

U2 isn't a platformer so much as a TPS. This and A crack in time are still on my to play list. I'm a fan of both series since the very begining so I guess I owe it to myself to play them.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands   Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:49 pm

CiT isn't as good as the PS2 counterparts forgotten sands is debatedly better.

I'd definitely get to playing forgotten sands first.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands   Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:55 pm

I was hesitant with both games becasue both series have passed the "milking" point. And I especially avoided The Forgotten Sands cuz I thought it tied in wit hthat retarded Jake Gylenhal movie.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands   Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:06 pm

Ellis wrote:
U2 isn't a platformer so much as a TPS.

U1 is more of a TPS than U2 is. Just because you fight so much more and do a lot less platforming.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands   Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:14 pm

...well I'd put them both as a TPS but the first one felt that way because the chapters were a lot more cut and dry in my opinion. I mean they either were combat based with little platforming or platforming with not as much combat. More chapters were fire-fight based though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands   Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:16 pm

I platinumed this, the game was loads of fun. Highly recommend it to any PoP fan some of the set pieces are better then any in the series. It might be my favourite PoP game.

The powers you get are also very different the combat is a good in a different kinda way, more similar to SoT but very much enhanced.

I can't really explain this game but you should definitely play the original trilogy first or this will probably be too hard. Its pretty much the same fair although the second half of the game you need to use your powers in quick succession to actually get anywhere. Controls are tight which is the most important thing and a second playthrough when you know what your doing is extremely satisfying. The only downside is i don't recall any parts where the ruins were falling as you were climbing them which was something i enjoyed in the original trilogy. This is debatedly the best in the series though. The story is pretty good to.

If your a fan of the series get it. If you got skills like me though you may just want to rent it as you probably could finish it fairly quickly. My initial run probably took like 10 hours i dunno i was pissing about and never paid attn, but a second run possibly like 3 hours, i just flew through it (don't think i died once or even rewound time), although that was a hellluva lot of fun, really depends on how much you play games when you get them. Its a very cheap at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands   Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands
Page 1 of 1