Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now

Go down 
+2
Neo
A_Nonny_Moose
6 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Empty
PostSubject: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 4:51 pm

£12. I'm tempted to buy it.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 5:10 pm

Don't.
If they sell all three PoP games at that price it will probably be cheaper to buy the disc with all three. Not to mention it'll take up a shitload of space on your hard drive, iirc GoW 1&2 are almost 20gb and that's not the kind of space you have to spare unless you upgrade the HDD.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 5:16 pm

Don't really want the other two though. And apparently SoT HD is only 2.5gb or something.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 5:32 pm

Go for it then.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 5:42 pm

Ehhhhhh... I'm torn. I know that in a month or two I could probably get the trilogy on disc for £20 or something.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 5:50 pm

Then don't go for it. Unless you want to. But you don't have to if you don't want to. Do you? I don't think you do.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Well I think only Europe is getting the disc version. Everywhere else is only getting the downloads. We rarely get nice gaming things like that, so I'd feel bad for wasting it.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 6:02 pm

Just buy the entire trilogy when it comes out in 2 days for double the price you're paying now. Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:21 pm

get the trilogy, people who hate on the other entries of the series are idiots, I've mentioned earlier every game has awesome platforming, but story and combat are the main variables.

You really missed out if you haven't experienced the story from 1, the combat in 2 and the second character in 3.

2 gets the most hate but it had multiple endings as well which made it really cool and the most awesome chase scenes i can think of in a game.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:27 am

Bollocks to it. I ordered the trilogy.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:29 am

I plan on getting the trilogy when I don't have as many new games I have to play.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:32 am

I wish i could justify buying this.

I might just get tht sly collection but lets face it every platformer ever is shit compared to SoT trilogy.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:33 am

I have zero new games to play on the PS3. Since I got RB3 I've only turned it on once, and that was to check the store update. But I'm getting this and the Sly trilogy, so that should keep me occupied for ages.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:37 am

Get the Sly Collection buu. They're great games, and they're each pretty different. The first one in particular is structure completely differently to the second and third games. The second two went with multiple small sandbox area, kind of like AC. The first one had a very small hub world that lead to linear levels. There was no health bar in the first one either. One hit and you died, or if you had a silver/gold horseshoe, you could take one or two hits respectively before dying. Had time trials and all sorts.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:43 am

so was it your typcial run around and jump, plus a basic attack or did it have other stuff?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:49 am

Stealth was main thing that made it different from a normal platformer. Although obviously it's not Splinter Cell or anything, but it's still good. And you get extra thief skills as you progress, like slow-motion, a parachute, temporary invisibility (although if I remember you can't move while you use it), extra attacks and all that jazz.

The third one had a whole pirate thing as well, which was really cool. You got your own boat and sailed around a big ocean map, having sea battles and then boarding other ships for treasure.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:52 am

Were the gimmicks actually useful?

Like sometimes you get games where they are only useful in set pieces and your forced to use them what about these?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:05 am

I can't really remember, but I don't think any of them were just puzzle solving tools.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:46 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I have zero new games to play on the PS3. Since I got RB3 I've only turned it on once, and that was to check the store update. But I'm getting this and the Sly trilogy, so that should keep me occupied for ages.

I know, right? I've been keeping my attention on both the Sly Collection And the PoP Trilogy(as it's also coming to Australia) for a while now myself. Plus I've been planning on getting a copy of DQIX as well since I still haven't done so. This Christmas is gonna be a fun ride.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:52 pm

Ha. I ordered the PoP trilogy at 3:30am this morning. It's now 12:50pm and it's already been dispatched. GAME might be a tad more expensive than Amazon (although only by about 30p in this case), but they're free delivery is a lot faster than Amazon's.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 5:33 pm

That's pretty normal here.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:34 pm

Yeah but the UK postal service is temperamental at the best of times.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 12:50 am

Woah, the pre-order price fore the Sly Collection at GAME is £40. They're treating it like a proper PS3 title. They didn't do that for the PoP trilogy. Amazon has them both for £25.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 1:10 am

Sony seem to be really pushing the Sly thing, it's move compatible and shit, so I'm not really suprised.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now   Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sands of Time HD is up on PSN now
Page 1 of 1