Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What games have i missed that you think i'd like?

Go down 
+3
Kaio
Ellis
Superbuu3
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

What games have i missed that you think i'd like? Empty
PostSubject: What games have i missed that you think i'd like?   What games have i missed that you think i'd like? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:01 am

Birthday coming up people asking em what games I want already getting bayonetta, as nonny made out it wasn't as embarassing to own as i suspected.

Brotherhood hasn't had any kind of price drop and black ops is a no no for me anything else i'd probably be interested in though.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: What games have i missed that you think i'd like?   What games have i missed that you think i'd like? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:04 am

Gran turismo 5
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: What games have i missed that you think i'd like?   What games have i missed that you think i'd like? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:09 am

god of war 3
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: What games have i missed that you think i'd like?   What games have i missed that you think i'd like? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:10 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Birthday coming up people asking em what games I want already getting bayonetta, as nonny made out it wasn't as embarassing to own as i suspected.
Oh you'll probably be hella embarrassed by it. It's still a fantastic game though.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: What games have i missed that you think i'd like?   What games have i missed that you think i'd like? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:13 am

Demons Souls is definitely worth a try although it's not for everyone, I'm sure you'd be fine though as you're generally not shit at games.

There's also New Vegas which has probably had a price drop by now and Mass Effect 2 is out in <10 days.

Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: What games have i missed that you think i'd like?   What games have i missed that you think i'd like? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:15 am

Also FFXIII
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What games have i missed that you think i'd like?   What games have i missed that you think i'd like? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:16 am

Neo wrote:
Demons Souls is definitely worth a try although it's not for everyone, I'm sure you'd be fine though as you're generally not shit at games.

There's also New Vegas which has probably had a price drop by now and Mass Effect 2 is out in <10 days.

I'll probably end up buying ME2 out of my own pocket dunno about right now though, New vegas is dirt cheap though although I'm tempted to borrow my bros copy of it.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: What games have i missed that you think i'd like?   What games have i missed that you think i'd like? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:18 am

What games have i missed that you think i'd like? Mooseknuckle
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: What games have i missed that you think i'd like?   What games have i missed that you think i'd like? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:19 am

Ellis wrote:
Also FFXIII

lol
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: What games have i missed that you think i'd like?   What games have i missed that you think i'd like? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:24 am

Ellis wrote:
What games have i missed that you think i'd like? Mooseknuckle
What games have i missed that you think i'd like? 38144_10
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: What games have i missed that you think i'd like?   What games have i missed that you think i'd like? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:27 am

Kaio wrote:
Ellis wrote:
Also FFXIII

lol

Shut your filthy mouth.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: What games have i missed that you think i'd like?   What games have i missed that you think i'd like? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:34 am

What games have i missed that you think i'd like? Michae10
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What games have i missed that you think i'd like?   What games have i missed that you think i'd like? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:37 am

Ellis wrote:
Kaio wrote:
Ellis wrote:
Also FFXIII

lol

Shut your filthy mouth.

No, really.

lol
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: What games have i missed that you think i'd like?   What games have i missed that you think i'd like? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:46 am

Gonna nip this in the bud before it escalates.

In a traditional RPG, which translates to ROLE PLAYING GAME, you play a role. You play a role in the sense that you control the characters' actions and decide their decisions. All in battle, of course.

Is this prsent in XIII? No, strike one. In XIII you control the main character (which you can't even change up till the end of chapter 9, might I add) and that's it. Auto-attack is the preferred way of attacking, because manually selecting attacks is a pain to do every ten seconds.

That's right, kids. Every ten seconds. Because unlike in traditional (turn based) RPG's you don't spend time deciding your attacks, instead you have about 5 seconds to quickly make up some battle commands to attack.

Rinse, repeat. It's a bitch to do.

And worst of all, you only control ONE character. You can only point out a generalised direction the CPU needs to take. But changing parapligms gets annoying after a while and the shots of characters changing their stance ruins the flow of battle. Not to mention the times when Hope heals the wrong character, the character that is not me, after which I die. Well done.

Well, at least I can decide some things outside of battle an- uh oh.

It's just a straight path.

There is nothing to do.

Until chapter 11, of couse, but you're already bored before that.

Even Kingdom Hearts 2 had some diversity to it. Here it's just walk straight past, look at pretty graphics, fight, use a strategy that always work, rinse repeat and this is what the entire game comes down to on the worst levels.

You run down a corridor. It looks amazing and you get a sense you're in a fantastic location and you really want to explore it. You can't. You continue down that corridor, occasionlly picking up trasure chests. Eventually you run into a monster. You fight it, defeat it and get 3, mebber 4 stars. Infuriated you find something like it and fight again, changing your strategy a tiny bit to make yourself faster. After a few fights you eventually find the fight system that works for you and you will use that in pretty much every battle even remotely similar to the one you first fought and gain 5 starts every time. In fact you'll gain them with robotic precision as the computer does most of the work for you and all you have to do is get the timing of the Paradigm switch down. So in all of the game I've been running down pretty corridors, repeating button presses and eventully I started to feel like I was playing DDR. I'd just memorised a series of button presses and was using them on every fight and I rarely got less than 5 stars. Same with the bosses, you work out a strategy and button press away!

They forgot one thing though.

MAKE THE GAME FUN.

What's the goddamn point of a boss' gigantic HP which I take hours to deplete with little to no effort because I figured out his attack pattern and have found a way to counter them.

That's not fun, that's not rewarding. That's time wasting bullshit that only delusional FF otaku fanboys think is a great battle system.

I mean where's the IMMERSION?

In any of the old school ones if I just got hit with a powerful attack I'm thinking "Oh shit, where's my white mage, need white mage, everyone's on 5hp where's my white mage no fuck off knight go defend or something, i need a white mage, oh shit he's charging up, gonna die gonna die, better use an x-potion or something, last saved 3 hours ago, shit shit shit"

In XII "Just got hit, life's low, switch paradigms, spam A, spam A, spam A, spam A, all better, switch to attacking mode, better be faster on those button presses if I want to get a high score."

There is nothing enjoyable about the fights.

They are repetative.

They are annoying.

They take anywhere from 1.5-8 minutes for very little reward.

The locations are depressing.

The music is grating.

I have no desire to level.

And yet, I've spent a lot of time leveling the past few hours.

And since they've designed the game as such, despite having spent significant time and money leveling myself and weapons, with no stats EVER really giving you an advantage in battle and it being merely a game of attrition, I have no desire to continue.

It is a bloody waste of time.

As are all video games.

BUT AT LEAST THEY'RE NOT AS BORING AS THIS PILE OF SHIT.

Rot in fucking hell developers.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: What games have i missed that you think i'd like?   What games have i missed that you think i'd like? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:12 am

Well all your points are valid and I can totally see it, but I'd like to point out that once all the roles open up the characters can really diversify and you can create extremely complex sets of paradigms (sp?). And after a while you can get pretty good at quickly picking attacks to compensate for what the AI doesn't give you with the auto-battle option. The linearity of the whole game up utnil chapter 11 blows and the music isn't anything special (especially when compared uamatsu (again sp?) but I found if very fun.

It definately isn't for everyone at all and I get it when people complain about some of its flaws because while I am a fanboy (FFVII was my first ever rpg, I'm not afraid to admit it) I'm not blinded by it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What games have i missed that you think i'd like?   What games have i missed that you think i'd like? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What games have i missed that you think i'd like?
Page 1 of 1