Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet

Go down 
+11
Savage
Talking Sock
Kimarous
SimianWonder
Superbuu3
Skip
Kaio
L Ron Hubbard
Baal
Ace
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Savage
Solar-Charged

Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 9:34 am

Savage∞ wrote:
Savage∞ wrote:
Savage∞ wrote:
Savage∞ wrote:
I like pie.
Back to top Go down
Scratchin' Bastard

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:56 pm

moot wrote:
Randy Savage wrote:
Soundwave wrote:
Martin Luther King Jr. wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Baal wrote:
Radock wrote:
Skip wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:
Sora wrote:
Kaio wrote:
Get out.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 3:22 pm

Sad

*slowly lowers hand*
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 3:42 pm

In all seriousness, how can you prefer Young's Freeza to Ayres'?

Is it simply a case of that's the voice you know and therefore Ayres' just sounds wrong, or do you genuinely think Young's performance is the better and more suitable of the two?
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:28 pm

Skip wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:
Sora wrote:
Kaio wrote:
Get out.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:50 pm

I agree with you Ace. But I'm one of those who hates Kai cuz its different and change scares me.

But really I couldn't stand the new Gohan. Like the girl doing the voice was just taking an axe to my memories every time he talked. The new Frieza VA was badass but still diffferent.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:56 pm

Old Gohan sounded like nails on a chalkboard. New Gohan sounds age appropriate and can actually act as a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:09 pm

Wait are you talking about like teen or adult gohan, or the old VA for young gohan?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:25 pm

Frieza's good but not british enough i should do his voice.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:28 pm

SimianWonder wrote:

Is it simply a case of that's the voice you know and therefore Ayres' just sounds wrong, or do you genuinely think Young's performance is the better and more suitable of the two?

A little from column A and a little from Column B. Old Frieza made the character for me sound more evil and sadistic. I haven't let Kai Frieza into my heart.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:31 pm

You are the most british person I've ever heard. Sometimes I can't even understand multiple sentences in a row on U2 and just sit in silence cuz I have no idea where the convo went.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:35 pm

Ellis wrote:
Wait are you talking about like teen or adult gohan, or the old VA for young gohan?

The latter.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 8:26 pm

Alright that's what I thought I was just making sure. I really like the old Gohan VA cuz she was the one that was young Goku in Dragonball.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 8:34 pm

Ellis wrote:
Alright that's what I thought I was just making sure. I really like the old Gohan VA cuz she was the one that was young Goku in Dragonball.
Agreed whole heartedly.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 8:38 pm

Ellis wrote:
You are the most british person I've ever heard. Sometimes I can't even understand multiple sentences in a row on U2 and just sit in silence cuz I have no idea where the convo went.
Lol I really don't think I sound all that british. I guess Nonny does sound like country folk comparatively.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 8:45 pm

Maybe you guys can throw away your nastalgia and childhood memories for Kai But I just.. can't.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 10:25 pm

I prefer Gohan's older voice, but the new one is far from bad, so I can deal.

Really though, new Frieza is leagues ahead of old Frieza. He doesn't sound like a giant girl now. That can only be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 10:32 pm

One thing old frieza had going for it, was it sounded evil on top of that he also sounded like the kind of villain who'd kill you and then rape you and that always makes people scarier.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 10:59 pm

I never thought Young's Freeza sounded scary. At all.

I always thought Freeza should sound somewhat like Perfect Cell; well-spoken, almost aristocratic, though believing that they are above everyone else. Young's Freeza had none of that. To be honest, the real reason I never much cared for Young's Freeza was that I watched DBZ subbed before I ever saw the dub, so her performance was always going to be judged against Nakao's and she was never going to come out of that comparison well.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:24 pm

http://tinyurl.com/39ev473

The difference in quality is astounding.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:35 pm

ALLY TO GOOD! Nightmare to you!
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:02 pm

He isn't the hope of the universe in this one Sad
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:12 am

And he isn't Truth!
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:16 am

Man loved this opening takes back memories. I thought I was the only one who watched YTV, guess not.

Also you guys are forgetting the most important peice missing in Kai. That Badass Narrator.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:22 am

The new narrator is the best one yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet   Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Damn the Canadian DBZ intro was sweet
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next