Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baal goes to the Movies: Tangled and Faster

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Baal goes to the Movies: Tangled and Faster Empty
PostSubject: Baal goes to the Movies: Tangled and Faster   Baal goes to the Movies: Tangled and Faster Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 4:10 am

So, me being the Disney and Wrestling lover that I am, I caught both of these movies tonight and loved both of them. Although it wouldn't be me if I didn't have some problems yet glorify what I loved so I might as well get to it.

Tangled was a very enjoyable movie and the fucking Disney animation team should be proud of themselves for how well made the facial expressions of all of the characters are. Hell, even the damned animals have awesome facial expressions, especially the Chameleon, I love that Chameleon so damned much. Hell, facial expressions are all the King and Queen have to show their emotions, they never actually speak which is good but... kind of bizarre when you compare them to the rest of the cast. The story manages to be well paced and I honestly liked how the twin bandits at the beginning weren't just fodder and actually part of the story. However... with the good, comes the bad and I will make sure to tell you about it. The songs... they are not memorable at all, I'm sad to say. I honestly came into not even expecting songs and I got them as to what I thought would be my delight but they were... well, not bland but certainly not great and the romance as well... Flynn seems all too quick with being willing to give up being a thief later, seriously. I mean, I'm glad they didn't go with the cliche of him intentionally betraying her but damn it, you could've at least shown some damn conflict with giving up thieving, even Naveen in The Princess and the Frog showed some conflict between his decisions...after being turned into a frog, but you get my point. But to end this paragraph of wonderful rambling, the voice acting was fantastic and it great being able to hear Ron Perlman voice a character it took me a minute to recognize his voice at first. I also saw that Fred Tatasciore was in the credits and I think he might have done some of the King's sounds but I can't be too sure about it.

Now for a movie I fucking loved, Faster. As a fan of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, I am course going to be very biased about this but I am going to try and be as fair as possible about this. The acting is good for the most part, especially Dwayne's character who doesn't talk much, I think that contributes a lot to the character. They also do a good job at making you like Billy Bob Thorton's character and the Killer. It's especially important with BBT's character in that it completely fucks with your perspective of the character near the end of the movie and the same goes with the Killer. The Killer starts out as some hugely rich ass who I thought would be as affable as a villain could be, then it turns out he's not really that bad of a guy and even marries the girl he's in love with and almost gives up his job for her, but he's going to try and kill Dwayne before he's done with it. Dwayne's character is really tragic too, especially when you learn what happened to him and how he was more or less just doing it to help someone he cared about. The victims of Dwayne are for the most part, assholes. The first one you barely see, the second one I thought was pretty innocent until it turned he was some silly chucklefuck of a rapist which was a really... silly move on the part of the movie and the one before the last is sort of sympathetic but you still remember what he did and agree that this fucker has it coming to him. The last one however is the most sympathetic of the group and it's honestly a pretty nerve wracking moment when it comes to his fate. The ending also pulls a callback to an earlier mention that most people knew was gonna be important but god damn, did it scare me and my mother when it happened due to how fucking sudden it was. Overall, fantastic movie, surprisingly good acting for what was an action flick featuring BBT and The Rock and genuinely suspenseful moments.

So yeah.

EDIT: Jesus christ I must be tired to get "Entangled" mixed up for "Tangled".
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Baal goes to the Movies: Tangled and Faster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baal goes to the Movies: Tangled and Faster   Baal goes to the Movies: Tangled and Faster Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 4:48 pm

I just saw Tangled and I honestly think it's the best Disney film since Tarzan.
Back to top Go down

Baal goes to the Movies: Tangled and Faster
Page 1 of 1