Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baal goes to the Movies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Baal goes to the Movies Empty
PostSubject: Baal goes to the Movies   Baal goes to the Movies Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 1:56 am

Alright so I went to go see The Expendables and Scott Pilgrim vs the World.

The Expendables was just mindless action fun with Sylvester Stallone and the testosterone crew. Mickey Rourke doesn't play that big of a part but the three scenes he's in are enjoyable and lengthy, everyone in the audience was cheering when Terry Crews busted out a rapid-fire Shotgun and blasted guys heads off and shit. It was also pretty funny at times too. My biggest complaint though is how nuts the fucking camera was, it was hard to tell what the hell was going on and who was who sometimes. I thought I saw Jet Li attacking Steve Austin and it turned out to be Randy Couture.

Scott Pilgrim was fun as hell. It had some pretty funny moments, but I felt that some of the fights were really... well stupid. The first fight was going great until the dude starting firing fire out his hands in sync with a musical number, the second fight was going alright until the end, where Scott tricks the guy into skateboarding down large rails and he explodes (I'm serious, an actual explosion). Then comes the third fight... which wasn't even much of a fight, because it was just Scott getting the shit kicked out of him for fifteen minutes until he tricks the guy into (What I admit was a funny scene) a dumb technicality. The fourth one was just stupid, with Ramona fighting until forcing Scott to fight then telling Scott the weakness and he wins instantly. The fifth one was an awesome music battle and the last one was... confusing but an awesome fight scene.

Michael Cera didn't piss me off as much as I thought he would, the acting was good and funny for the most part, the chick playing Knives was hot but it didn't really explain some shit. Like, it had some of these guys using mystical powers and never had a good explanation for it and Scott does something at the end that's never really explained but hell I guess it's just the world.

Also, Moose (Not that you would've watched this anyways) if you hated the boss credits they gave Hugo Stiglitz in Incredible Basterds, you'd hate this movie because it is filled to the brim with video game references ON SCREEN ALL OF THE TIME.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Baal goes to the Movies   Baal goes to the Movies Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 2:34 am

Quote :
Incredible Basterds
I see what you did there.

I'm not going to see Scott Pilgrim, at least not until I've read the comics. Expendables sounds good though.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Baal goes to the Movies   Baal goes to the Movies Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 6:51 am

I plan on seeing both at some stage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baal goes to the Movies   Baal goes to the Movies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baal goes to the Movies
Page 1 of 1