Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why all the mario sunshine hate?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Why all the mario sunshine hate? Empty
PostSubject: Why all the mario sunshine hate?   Why all the mario sunshine hate? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 4:42 pm

Its really not that bad at all. I played it again recently and it looks great even still. Admittedly you do kinda retread certain areaas but the water mechanics were kinda fun and isn't mario finally doing something you might expect considering his job description?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Why all the mario sunshine hate?   Why all the mario sunshine hate? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:27 pm

A lot of people felt that the most enjoyable parts were the mini-levels where FLUDD got taken away. They wanted straight-up Mario, the raw platforming aspect, instead of playing cleanup boy.

My personal gripe was with the setting. Mario games tend to have a wide variety of locales, but Sunshine maintained an omni-present "island resort" feel to everything. I may have been going to new areas, but I never felt like I was going anywhere new. Mario Galaxy may have all taken place in space, with planets and stars and whatnot, but at least the visuals and themes within each galaxy have greater variety.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Why all the mario sunshine hate?   Why all the mario sunshine hate? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:41 pm

Too much shit. I want to jump on people and stomp them to death.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Why all the mario sunshine hate?   Why all the mario sunshine hate? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Kimarous wrote:
My personal gripe was with the setting. Mario games tend to have a wide variety of locales, but Sunshine maintained an omni-present "island resort" feel to everything.

This is actually one of the main reasons I like Sunshine. Beaches, harbours, amusement parks and (haunted) hotels... I love summer.

My only complaint was having to collect the blue coins for stars.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Why all the mario sunshine hate?   Why all the mario sunshine hate? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 9:49 pm

But you could spray waer on the floor and go fatman surfing, that was cool.

I agree with chou thoughy the blue coin thing was a bit jarring. I think the sun and colurfulness was great, it was a really pleasant world they created.

You could still jump and stomp on plenty i don't remember any changes in that department.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Why all the mario sunshine hate?   Why all the mario sunshine hate? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 3:01 am

People hated Mario Sunshine?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Why all the mario sunshine hate?   Why all the mario sunshine hate? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 3:08 am

As a big nintendo fan i though you'd have known.

Its probably the least succesful mario title ever, it obviously sold but people were complaining about it especially as mario 64 was loved so much.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Why all the mario sunshine hate?   Why all the mario sunshine hate? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 3:12 am

Really? I mean, I for one loved the game. And just about everyone else I knew.
Wasn't the game re-released due to its popularity winning it the "Editor's Choice" award?
Super Mario 64 was great for its time, but honestly I enjoyed Mario: Sunshine more.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Why all the mario sunshine hate?   Why all the mario sunshine hate? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 3:20 am

GoldenEye wrote:
Really? I mean, I for one loved the game. And just about everyone else I knew.
Wasn't the game re-released due to its popularity winning it the "Editor's Choice" award?
Super Mario 64 was great for its time, but honestly I enjoyed Mario: Sunshine more.
There wasn't anything on gamecube worth rereleasing. Its still a mario game and would sell.

I think it made bestsellers but think about how many people would of just bought it on preorder. Nintendo fans will always flock to mario even if it is the most hated of the franchise (well with the exception of 2 i don't know many people who like that one either, although others think its amazing).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why all the mario sunshine hate?   Why all the mario sunshine hate? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why all the mario sunshine hate?
Page 1 of 1