Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Columbine Massacre!

Go down 
+3
Skip
Superbuu3
ilikebacon3000
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:10 am

Charles Whitman was the clock tower guy.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:19 am

See guys and people think this site isn't educational.

Also i think this has been a great topic hijack.

I really can't believe the amount of insane crap that happens in america. Looking around the amount of insane killing sprees in random places, you actually wouldn't be paranoid if you think you got a chance of being gunned down in the street. Thats scary.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:24 am

I'd bet the only reason we don't have that much of it here is that most people in this country wouldn't have a clue how to get hold of a gun.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:27 am

I've heard you guys get a lot of stabbings compared to other countries. Is that true?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:31 am

Probably. Crime in general was down last I heard, but violent crime was up. Or the other way around, I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:34 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/sep/21/knives-youth-killings-weapon

Apparently we have the lowest knife death rate in Europe.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:41 am

Huh, must have been a load of crap then.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:42 am

Knife crime was major news a couple years ago. I think a soap actor, or the brother of a soap actor, or someone like that, got stabbed and killed and there was a big campaign about knife crime and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:43 am

That could have been what I was thinking of.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:15 am

Skip wrote:
Huh, must have been a load of crap then.
Note he's talking about death rate. This country could just be good at dealing with stabbings.

Also think about it like this if people got stabbed due to illlegal reasons they probably won't goto hospital, unless its gonna be lethal, but gangs here would be carrying knives as their main source of weapons.
Back to top Go down
ilikebacon3000
East Blue Pirate Captain
ilikebacon3000

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:55 am

Looks like you guys got carried away with a full-blown convo haha!

That is a REALLY good point, Buu... But I will say this. I wouldn't tell a REALLY hot girl about my obsession with SA:MP, or /b/, or games that literally NOBODY plays anymore, or the older GTA games. And none of those would be considered disturbing by the average person... Except... Well.. Yeah, okay, someone who isn't a gamer might find it weird that I spend hours daily role-playing on a 6 year old Grand Theft Auto game, or that I play an outdated squad-based military action game with a horrendous checkpoint system, but fuck it... Anyways.

I think the only reason I liked the game (I finished it in like 2 hours) because I had a phase where I read ALOT on Columbine. Why? I really don't know. I did the same with the Oklahoma City bombings, 9/11, the VT shootings, the LA riots, and plenty of other man-made disasters. I have a thing with sociology and things of that sort. It interests me to see how/why people do the bad things they do.
But props to you for truth. And the gameplay itself was pretty redundant and boring, minus the kickass midi music (it had tons of Nirvana!) and getting to go to hell after you beat the game, and you get to fight demons. But yeah, it was dumb.

Thinking about it.... It's pretty fucked up. Because if someone made a 9/11 simulator, there is no way I would play it. That would be sick (in a bad way). It is sick because of the death and mass murder. Why is it any different than Columbine?

Random Fact: The first instance of someone "going postal" happened in Edmond, Oklahoma in 1984 or 1986, I think? Let me wiki.. 83! I was close.... But yeah Edmond is only about 30 minutes north of me. I was actually IN Edmond today to visit my aunt for my cousins birthday. Weird.....
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:56 am

ilikebacon3000 wrote:
/b/
I wouldn't tell anyone about that.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:03 am

ilikebacon3000 wrote:
I have a thing with sociology and things of that sort. It interests me to see how/why people do the bad things they do.
I studied Sociology last year. Deviance was pretty interesting, by far the best module. But the rest of it was only alright.

Quote :
/b/
Rules 1 and 2, etc.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:12 pm

Honestly i think if you told a hotgirl you were playing old games they wouldn't be that bothered. I mean i think i've forced at least a couple of my exes to play streets of rage 2 with me Very Happy. Actually scratch that pretty much everyone i know i've forced to play streets of rage 2 with me, lol. Its more about whats in it then what you actually play.

On the other hand no one is telling anyone about /b/, i mean going by the bad press alone (i've never gone there myself) and then probably the weird things on there (people say they see weird things there) they'd probably think you were weird.

Honestly i just really dislike people getting away with making shoddy games and then using controversy to sell it, the guy is getting donations for a game he just pissed people off with and probably is just making money because of the nirvana music. Something seems very wrong with that to me. I remember back in the day there were quite a few of these controversial games around and like the 7th graders were going round telling each other to play them just to increase there rep. Its messed up that its gonna be mainly kids playing that kinda thing. I don't really think much of it when younger people play them, but if someone my age was playing them i'd think they were a weirdo as by now they should have gotten all that kind of thing out of their system.

As far as the morbid curiosity for the columbine thing, maybe its because you are a guy going to school and it happened in a school, these are things you can understand. The 9/11 thing is about a religious group (extremists within that group) who would have a belief i like to think is in the minority (even though its more widely spread then you'd like to think) killing a bunch of people they didn't even know.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:19 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I haven't been to sleep yet. Give me a break.
Hey you didn't give me a break first D:
I thought you were trying to give him advice about getting with hot chicks.

I think he's a little too young for that.
Back to top Go down
ilikebacon3000
East Blue Pirate Captain
ilikebacon3000

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:39 pm

Buu, I totally agree about them selling the game for controversy. Yet I'm still drawn to the game. I dunno why.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:10 pm

I'm suprised i was the only one who thought much about this game, seeing as this topic got seriously sidetracked by my wittiness and nonny's lack of understanding of said wittiness Razz.

Don't think anything of it if you are just drawn to it, when i was your age i'd have probably been interested if not only enough to at least give it a look. I wonder if anyone downloaded it having read this topic.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 1:47 am

Kaede wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I haven't been to sleep yet. Give me a break.
Hey you didn't give me a break first D:
I thought you were trying to give him advice about getting with hot chicks.

I think he's a little too young for that.

Apparently, That one kid with the Raiden avatar back on DBD wasn't too young. XD ...I forget his name. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 3:04 am

Yeah, people have done some pretty disturbing things through out humanity. What is going through there minds is my real question? I know they're probably going through some stuff, but we all do.

Anyone heard of Albert Fish? A shame, really.
Back to top Go down
ilikebacon3000
East Blue Pirate Captain
ilikebacon3000

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 3:30 am

^^Yeah, that's mainly what interests me. What was going through their heads?
I've been reading ALOT of shit on Columbine again, but this time, I've found a website with literally hours of home-made videos from the boys themselves, along with access to some of their personal writings and things like that.
In a way, I can't blame them for doing what they did. They seemed to have pre-existing mental conditions which were not treated properly (rather than getting actual care, doctors just threw them medicine to sedate their minds), their parents seemed to be typical suburban fucks, the boys were surrounded by people with which they couldn't identify with, and the overall state of youth culture at the time was fucked up.
I think from their point, their intentions were good. They saw what they were doing as a way to kickstart a revolution which would eliminate discrimination, weakness, idiots, and just overall dumbness. However, that in no way justifies what they did.

I'm scan-reading a Wiki page on this Fish guy... He seemed like a sicko. Was he like alot of serial killers? Really smart and articulate, but had a twisted side as well? Or are you saying its just a shame because he killed so many kids?

BTW, anyone here heard of Mr.Cruel? The guy from Australia that would sneak into little girl's houses in the early morning, cut the power, tie up the parents, kill the family (sometimes), then go and rape the little girls for days at a time? Late 80's and early 90's?
He still hasn't been captured. Look him up if you want. He sounds scary as FUCK.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 3:43 am

ilikebacon3000 wrote:
^^Yeah, that's mainly what interests me. What was going through their heads?
I've been reading ALOT of shit on Columbine again, but this time, I've found a website with literally hours of home-made videos from the boys themselves, along with access to some of their personal writings and things like that.
In a way, I can't blame them for doing what they did. They seemed to have pre-existing mental conditions which were not treated properly (rather than getting actual care, doctors just threw them medicine to sedate their minds), their parents seemed to be typical suburban fucks, the boys were surrounded by people with which they couldn't identify with, and the overall state of youth culture at the time was fucked up.
I think from their point, their intentions were good. They saw what they were doing as a way to kickstart a revolution which would eliminate discrimination, weakness, idiots, and just overall dumbness. However, that in no way justifies what they did.

I was reading about the Virginia Tech massacre the other day.
Theres just something about reading about these subjects that strikes fear in me.
I know he was a quiet guy, and he had some issues, but it still scares the hell out of me because this act was straight out of the blue.
There's something about that word "massacre" that just disturbs me.

I was also reading about Jack The Ripper. I couldn't finish the article. Scary stuff, man.

ilikebacon3000 wrote:
I'm scan-reading a Wiki page on this Fish guy... He seemed like a sicko. Was he like alot of serial killers? Really smart and articulate, but had a twisted side as well? Or are you saying its just a shame because he killed so many kids?

I think its a shame because he was made like that.
He was abused as a child, sent in a foster home where he picked up these sick habits.
Eatting feces, drinking urine, murdering, raping, eatting his victims, etc.
It is said that he repeatidly stabbed a mentally challenged kid and sold kidnapped children to other rapists.
He wouldn't hesitate to rip an eight year old limb-from-limb and fest upon him.
You want to know whats a real shame? It took authorities so long to kill that man.

ilikebacon3000 wrote:
BTW, anyone here heard of Mr.Cruel? The guy from Australia that would sneak into little girl's houses in the early morning, cut the power, tie up the parents, kill the family (sometimes), then go and rape the little girls for days at a time? Late 80's and early 90's?
He still hasn't been captured. Look him up if you want. He sounds scary as FUCK.

And he hasn't been caught? Stuff like that worries me.
How come these sickos exist. How come everyone in the world can't be a normal person.
Its probably the thrills of being a rebel I guess.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 3:51 am

GoldenEye wrote:
How come these sickos exist. How come everyone in the world can't be a normal person.

"Well, I reckon it's the only way he can shoot his load." - Michael Parks acting as Earl McGraw in Death Proof
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 4:24 am

"Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."
Back to top Go down
ilikebacon3000
East Blue Pirate Captain
ilikebacon3000

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 4:34 am

GoldenEye wrote:

What gets me, is that we put people in jail over things like Marijuana possession. Tax money could better be spent killing sick fucks like this.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 4:38 am

There's no understanding why they did it. Lots of people go through exactly what these people go through. They are in a minority. There are plenty of people with mental disorders. The fact there were two of them shows it wasn't mental illness. They were depressed or whatever and they killed themselves at the end of it. There is no excuse for them, other people are subjected to more and still don't act out.

If i get hit by someone for disagreeing with them should i hit everyone who disagrees with me?
Your acting like that people will just react like that.

They obviously went far beyond what they were doing the fact they commited suicide at the end of there act shows they knew full well what they were doing was wrong. It was a horrific act and you can't condone these regardless of what they were exposed to.

I have no idea why anyone could act sympathetic to them. Sure you can be sympathetic to them but would you really be sympathetic to them if they slaughtered half your friends and then turned the gun on you and you had to live with the memory of what happened for the reat of your life. If the answer to that is no then they clearly did something that can't be condoned on any level as where you were at the time of an incident doesn't make it any better or any worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Columbine Massacre!   Columbine Massacre! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Columbine Massacre!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: RPG-
Jump to: