Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I used to think that Bruce, Lars and Bob were the most effortless characters...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

So I used to think that Bruce, Lars and Bob were the most effortless characters... Empty
PostSubject: So I used to think that Bruce, Lars and Bob were the most effortless characters...   So I used to think that Bruce, Lars and Bob were the most effortless characters... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:14 pm

But not anymore. I bothered to spend some time in the practice mode with Bob and I felt the character is so stupidly easy and powerful that he deserves his own topic. What was Namco thinking?

- His juggle damage (and low parry) and wall-carry are great and if you end the juggle with b1+2 you can keep up the offence with oki.

- His juggles are easier even than Lili's. There is no way someone can mess up something like: d23, 2, u/f1+21, B! (yes, that's his best option before B!)

- His WS21 is one of the fastest launchers in the game and the damage can get over 80 points without walls.

- His jabs have great range. They lack power, but the frame advantage is very good.

- His u/f1+2 has low (and high?) crush properties, it's safe and it's very easy to hit-confirm the second part for ~50 damage and wall-splats.

- His CD4, 1+2 is a strong, unseeable low and it's possible to mx it up with CD WS4 and CD u/f3.

- AWESOME pokes (d1/ b2 / d/f1 / d2 / d/b4 / d/b3 / d/b3+44 / d3 and others).

- One of the best i12 punishers (f23). The second hit can be hit-confirmed as well.

- A throw that leads to a juggle.

... and many more.

tl;dr version:

If you're looking for an easy and solid character, use Bob. He's the best. If he wasn't disgusting and I felt like using someone who takes significantly less effort to play efficiently, he'd be my secondary.
Yes, it took me one year late to realise this, but I never actually tested any other character than my main.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

So I used to think that Bruce, Lars and Bob were the most effortless characters... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I used to think that Bruce, Lars and Bob were the most effortless characters...   So I used to think that Bruce, Lars and Bob were the most effortless characters... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 4:11 pm

No Law?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: So I used to think that Bruce, Lars and Bob were the most effortless characters...   So I used to think that Bruce, Lars and Bob were the most effortless characters... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 4:31 pm

Law's some more advanced stuff and juggles.
To be fair, Lars has iSW and that dash jab dash jab dash... juggle which isn't easy, but it's not important. Bruce and Bob are definitely the easiest.

I hope they die.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I used to think that Bruce, Lars and Bob were the most effortless characters...   So I used to think that Bruce, Lars and Bob were the most effortless characters... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 4:37 pm

Yeah, I've never bothered with Lars's advanced stuff. His best B! ender requires two quick dashes, and even that escapes me.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: So I used to think that Bruce, Lars and Bob were the most effortless characters...   So I used to think that Bruce, Lars and Bob were the most effortless characters... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:30 pm

Oh, that one too. I'd forgotten this.

Anyway, based on my experience with Steve and Lee, in order to do the harder stuff, you've got to learn to spot when exactly the previous move's recovery animation is over and input the next one very fast. For example, I did the next b2~f~N when Lee's head was at the lowest point during the Mist Step.

It's basically a matter of practice and dedication.

Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: So I used to think that Bruce, Lars and Bob were the most effortless characters...   So I used to think that Bruce, Lars and Bob were the most effortless characters... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:37 pm

Speaking of Tekken, there is a world tournament going on these days. Check it out here:

http://live.wcg.com/Video/Live.aspx?id=19298

The SBO 2009 winner (the Lili player) just completely raped an American pro Law player. It was painful even to watch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I used to think that Bruce, Lars and Bob were the most effortless characters...   So I used to think that Bruce, Lars and Bob were the most effortless characters... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I used to think that Bruce, Lars and Bob were the most effortless characters...
Page 1 of 1