Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demons Souls...

Go down 
+8
SimianWonder
Kaede
Talking Sock
Ellis
xalas
Rockstar_Sinistar
Superbuu3
Neo
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Demons Souls... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 8:43 pm

Kaede wrote:
(FUCKING SHIT CUNT ASS POISON COCKS)

This is the single greatest thing you have ever posted. I genuinely laughed out loud.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 9:01 am

Thank you. I've been grinding some levels, gotten an Antidote miracle, and bought lots of herbs. Time to try again.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:00 am

Barely reached the Leechmonger. Twohanding Crescent Falcon, combining it with Flame Toss. Beat him. Went into the next room, picked up my guitar, played a kick-ass solo. Went back. Barely managed to burn off flies without dying. Now it's a cake walk to the Blueblood Sword!
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 9:03 pm

Flamelurker wasn't that bad. It was much harder not falling to death getting to him. Got the badass sword, and have little interest in continuing the game, so I started a cute mage character. My God, the game is so easy when you know what to do.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:51 pm

Penetrator and Dragon God down, but Allant is somehow giving me trouble. Better level some, I guess. 1-4 gives you ridiculous amounts of Full Moon Grass.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 8:04 am

Beat Old Hero and Storm King. Do I only have five bosses left + Old One?
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 8:18 am

Beat the game. FUCK YEAH! Do I get more souls in NG+?
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 6:06 pm

NG+ is really difficult. I must unlock 4-2 for grinding ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:56 pm

In about 70+ hours, my Blueblood Swordsman is level 93.

In under 20, my cute mage is level 63. I am so fast. Also, the Sticky Compound Short Bow +5 is badass. Can't wait to get the Crescent Falchion +5!

I don't think I'll bother going for the annoying trophies that require me to mess around with the world and character tendencies, but I'll do all the upgrades as far as I am able to, and I'll learn all the spells and miracles, as far as I can. Then on to Dark Souls, I guess?

Neo wrote:
The Dark Souls open world is better than Demons Souls Nexus + Waystones thing but the areas in Demons were better and felt more unique. Same goes for the bosses in Demons.

Really? I've heard (from people who only play/played Dark Souls) that the open world is a hassle because of the backtracking. I personally love the Nexus + Waystones thing, and am not even really sure entirely how the bonfires work.

Quote :
and I like estus flasks more than grass, which could be accumulated pretty much infinitely and made you rely on healing more than you should.

I can see that. After repeatedly dying in 1-4 I had 99 Full Moon Grass, which let me heal from anything at any time.

Quote :
I have mixed feelings about the change from mana to a set number of casts for spells, I think magic was more versatile when you could pretty much use it all the time and never run out of mana but it got to the point where it was a little too powerful for a relatively small investment. Limited casts fixed that problem but is still not ideal imo, I'm just not sure how I'd fix it.

That sounds silly. Can you do anything to refill the number?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 3:04 pm

Bonfires work as checkpoints, when you rest at one you get full health, all status effects (except curse) cured and your magic casts and estus refilled. Whenever you return to a bonfire, be it of your own choice or because you died, most enemies will respawn.
About midway through the game, around the point where you have to start backtracking, you get an item that allows you to warp between a bunch of key bonfires which, combined with your growing knowledge of the world and shortcuts, allows you to get anywhere very quickly.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:24 pm

Nifty! I'm thinking after Wanderer and Mage the time might have come for Knight, Warrior or Barbarian or whatever. I want the Zweihänder. Or maybe I should just do Wanderer again?
Back to top Go down
Rosalyn_86
First Mate
Rosalyn_86

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 5:17 pm

Kaede wrote:

NG++ is even harder. lol!

You do get more souls if I remember rightly though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 8:48 pm

Rosalyn_86 wrote:
Kaede wrote:

NG++ is even harder. lol!

You do get more souls if I remember rightly though.
Oh hey didn't expect you to join.

LittleZhurong and BlackChaosDragon are around occasionally.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Rosalyn_86
First Mate
Rosalyn_86

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:27 pm

Hello! :> I thought it would be nice to come in and say howdy.

Demon's Souls topics are quite hard for me to resist too, haha.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:20 pm

Did you play the sequel I got cursed then rage quit the game.
Back to top Go down
Rosalyn_86
First Mate
Rosalyn_86

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 1:37 pm

Dark Souls? Sure did! Greatly prefer Demon's Souls though. Demon's never felt cheap (at least not to me), but there were times were Dark was just plain ass cheap. Don't blame you for rage quitting at all. They're doing a Dark Souls 2 now. =|
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 9:20 pm

I've been playing Demon's Souls a lot lately. Really enjoying it. I have three different builds already. Going threw NG+ with a Melee character and a Mage and I'm working on NG with an Archer build.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 12:28 pm

this is an amazing game. Its similar to Dark souls but i like this a lot more, my only huge grips is fuck pure moon something stones, apparently I need to get it on new game+ because the 6/7 lizards i killed refused to drop it and nothing else drops it and they can't respawn any more.

Aside from that its cool the pure world tendencies are a nice thing i'll have to explore properly later. I'll do that on NG+ although I haven't actually finished this up yet.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 12:58 pm

World Tendency had cool effects but was ultimately a terrible mechanic. Scrapping it, like they did for DaS, was a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demons Souls...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3