Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark souls 2

Go down 
+4
A_Nonny_Moose
Zero
BlackChaosDragon
testtubebaby
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 11:07 pm

Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 4:13 pm

I havent even finished the first so i'll pass on this
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Zero
The Hero
Zero

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 2:04 am

This game looks really good. The frame rate is a lot better, which is vital in a game like this where all your frames count. It seems to have some concepts incorporated from Demon's Souls but is largely more based off Dark Souls (which is the better of the two by far IMO).
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 7:27 am

The frame rate is a lot better? What did Dark Souls 1 run at, 15fps?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 9:33 am

There are a couple of sections in Dark Souls that drop around there, yes.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 10:29 am

it does seem to run better from what ive played, some parts of dark souls went really bad if there was too much happening. on a side note they have tried to stop soul farming aswell, if you rest at a fire you can only respawn the enemy a certain amount of times before they have gone for the whole run through, maybe a blessing aswell as it will make it easier when back tracking later in the game
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 12:09 pm

Are you sure that's how it works? That doesn't sound like something that would work well.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 12:33 pm

ye i thought maybe it was a glitch but i asked a friend who is also playing & they said the same thing
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 12:46 pm

So eventually the game will be empty?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:01 pm

Well that's horrible for a multitude of reasons, I'm disappointed.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:11 pm

i think it works both ways, yes the game could possibly become empty for the rest of the playthrough but it also stops the grinders that get 20-30 levels higher than the game & make it too easy
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:26 pm

Screwing over people who grind is not worth it when it impacts people who play 'properly' as much as this does.

It is now possible to brute force your way through the game without ever getting good enough to kill all the enemies in one run, which goes against one of the main principles the game is built around. It is now a million times more difficult to experiment with weapons and armour as you do not have the ability to farm enough items/souls to facilitate it. Diversity for low level builds has now been reduced as rare items were often key to those playthroughs. It is now significantly more difficult to quickly reach a specific level for organised online play.

Is all of that worth it just to hinder people who, if they can't grind to overcome challenges, will probably just not finish the game? Absolutely not.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:32 pm

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/693332-dark-souls-ii/68760865

few others are complaing/talking about it on here, they say you can still grind on bosses if you want to. also there is a covenant that makes the game harder but get better rewards for doing it located right near the very start of the game
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:48 pm

That doesn't really solve any of those problems though, does it?
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 2:48 pm

not that i want to kick you while you're down but they got rid of the crescent grass aswell & opted for lifegems, using these fill your life all the way up (same rules apply for hollow form > 3/4 life) there's not as many of these as there was grass but you dont need them as much either
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 3:13 pm

Neo wrote:
There are a couple of sections in Dark Souls that drop around there, yes.

Blight Town would be lucky if it was 15fps in places.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 5:13 pm

About the frame rate, yes Dark Souls is a lot more clunky than DKS2. Besides blighttown and other areas similar, the frame rate made it possible for the game to miss inputs, delay inputs and even ignore invincible frames. This was true of both Dark Souls and Demon's Souls. But because everything is smoother, I'm assuming this is not nearly as big of a problem.

testtubebaby wrote:
not that i want to kick you while you're down but they got rid of the crescent grass aswell & opted for lifegems, using these fill your life all the way up (same rules apply for hollow form > 3/4 life) there's not as many of these as there was grass but you dont need them as much either

Estus Flasks are better than grass anyway. They kept Estus which is good.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:13 pm

ok so im about 20 hrs in now, so i thought id give a little heads up. this game is by far the hardest of the 3, not so much the regular game play (although it it is still tough) but more for the bosses, due to the no grinding it is not possible to get so strong to kill them easy so you really have to be good to get through it. the bonfires can be used as fast travel to any other fire you have lit but it needs to be as the only way to lvl up is to get back to the safe zone & speak with the lady (kind of like the nexus in demon souls) there's quite a few mini bosses in game also to do.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 8:05 pm

also for those who think these games are not tough there is a new character class which has all stats starting at 6, wearing only your underwear & no weapons at all
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 12:09 am

I got a chance to play this for a little over an hour at a friend's house. Seems pretty solid, but for some reason I wasn't really compelled to play the game that long. When it comes to Demon's Souls and Dark Souls I was instantly hooked on both. Eh, what probably pissed me off was the constant invisible hitboxes that certain enemies had. It felt like every enemy that can do significant damage to you could hit you just a bit outside what you can actually see. Of course, this was a thing in the other games too, but it stuck out to me here the most.

The opening sequence was good and the New Vegas style of starting off completely neutral and then building your character after about a minute of playing was neat. The customization was definitely better than the previous game.

That's about all I can comment on lol.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 1:23 am

im at the end of the game now, its definately aimed at multiplayer with the bosses on it, the normal gameplay is not too tough but most of the the bosses are stupidly hard. also there's a lot more PvP on this one it seems & you can be summoned to fight just by being in the area of certain covenants, it doesnt matter if they kill you as you just go right back to where you were before the summoning.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:20 pm

another new feature on this game has managed to screw my game completely, they are called bonfire ascetic & they reset everything in the area if you burn them at a bonfire so i used a few to farm a boss for a trophy so i didnt have to worry about it on my second play through & all is great. Second run through is going great & then i get back here where i used it, i must say when you go to the fast travel screen there are numbers on section (starts at 1, second play through 2 etc etc) when i get back here it has the number 5 on it which means i gotta beat a boss while in NG+ who is rated NG++++. New character coming up for me
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Hahaha thats pretty hilarious, its not unexpected though. Couldn't you just summon someone to beat it for you?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 3:11 pm

You should just git gud and beat it.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Hahaha thats pretty hilarious, its not unexpected though.  Couldn't you just summon someone to beat it for you?

i can summon 2 people but it still doesnt change the fact that they have to be on the same playthrough as me so they wuld be taking on a mammoth task aswell

Neo wrote:
You should just git gud and beat it.

see above... also you get red phantoms in the boss rooms while fighting from NG+ onwards so id need more more arms/weapons to swing to try & kill them all at my lowly level
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dark souls 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark souls 2   Dark souls 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark souls 2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next