Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today

Go down 
+11
Golden Boy
SimianWonder
Zero
brandon
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaede
Superbuu3
Kimarous
Neo
Talking Sock
Skip
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:58 am

Yeah, I found that part of the game pretty dull also.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 3:59 am

Oh wow that ending was bad, i've not done the stranger mission ending yet, but the ending WAS BAD.

I mean wow how the hell was this considered GOTY by any stretch of the imagination, the story which is a large part of any game was atrocious.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 3:45 am

Hmm. I think I'll come back and FINALLY platinum this game soon.

Only need like four multiplayer trophies(Slow on the Draw, Go Team, The Quick and Everyone Else and Posse Up) and some SP medal one I can quickly do myself afterwards.

Does everyone still have their copies or did y'all bitch out and trade them in?
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 4:03 am

I got mine and I only need those trophies plus a couple more for a plat as well.
Back to top Go down
Fdsgfsg
Deck Hand
Fdsgfsg

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Bought Undead Nightmare today.. For only 20 bucks, It's okay I guess... not a really good horror game. I get the feeling I would have enjoyed the original more.

I would''ve picked up the original but, I assumed UN was the original game just with the Zombie DLC on disk. Ah whatever, I'll go pick it up tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 9:20 pm

Fdsgfsg wrote:
Bought Undead Nightmare today.. For only 20 bucks, It's okay I guess... not a really good horror game. I get the feeling I would have enjoyed the original more.

I would''ve picked up the original but, I assumed UN was the original game just with the Zombie DLC on disk. Ah whatever, I'll go pick it up tomorrow.
Its not tht good, just try to play with someone in multiplayer as you get to see what the game is like.

Honestly the riding around is the best bit of the game.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 6:57 am

I finally bought RDR today, for the princely sum of a tenner and.... honestly, I'm struggling to like it. The graphics are great, the world is vast but the shooting mechanics seem awkward as hell. I've had a few firefights now, and the game seems to encourage you to hide behind cover, but then doesn't give you any way of just popping up, hitting Dead Eye and taking down your opponent. You've got to cancel the crouch, leaving yourself open, then hit Dead Eye and... yeah, the combat all feels very unintuitive, and that vast game world is filled with empty wilderness.

I've also been into one town (Armadillo) and had two or thre guys randomly open fire on me, killing me. When I returned, the same thing happened so I fired back. Suddenly, I've got a bounty for killing a Lawman, I'm chased down and killed again. At that point in the game, the only missions I'd done were the very first few with the Lady on the Ranch and the first mission with Armadillo's Sheriff, so I have virtually no Fame or anything like that. So why the hell was I randomly attacked by the Sheriff's Marshalls?

Also, Marston's on-foot running animation genuinely makes him run like a man who has just shit himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 2:31 am

I love this game, I'm glad bought the original after all. Undead Nightmare is basically RDR with most of the fun stuff stripped from it and doesn't really give you a feel for RDR. If anyone here hasn't gotten RDR and you're considering buying Undead Nightmare buy the the original RDR and get the DLC, don't buy the standalone disc. Not worth it.

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 2:37 am

The atmosphere is great and the challenges fun but most of the missions are bollocks and the game is too easy. If it weren't for riding around being fun and the great co-op missions i doubt i would've played this as long as i did.

I hated basically every character in the game to, and yeah i did finish it to see the ending people thought was epic but it was obvious and awful, and the other ending is even worse.

With open world games like prototype, saints row 2 and just cause 2 rockstar games are starting to seem crap, with there realism and strangely unrealistic characters that act more like caricatures.

/rant
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 2:47 am

The co-op missions were great, but there were too few. Did the Undead Nightmare DLC(which I STILL haven't bothered getting) add more?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 2:48 am

there was like a coop horde mode IIRC
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 2:50 am

There is new free DLC on the way too which is exciting. Buu I can't believe you traded this game in. You deserve a loss in broforce.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 2:56 am

Ellis wrote:
There is new free DLC on the way too which is exciting. Buu I can't believe you traded this game in. You deserve a loss in broforce.
Meh i'll pick up the GOTY edition, fuck paying for all that DLC and shit seperately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 2:59 am

SOK wrote:
The co-op missions were great, but there were too few. Did the Undead Nightmare DLC(which I STILL haven't bothered getting) add more?

The manual says there's co-op missions. I wouldn't actually know since I've never played online because of my shit skills at shooting games.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 3:02 am

Babby wrote:
SOK wrote:

The manual says there's co-op missions. I wouldn't actually know since I've never played online because of my shit skills at shooting games.

It's probably mostly referring to the older co-op missions. The only new one from UN seems to be that survival one.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 3:03 am

Babby wrote:
SOK wrote:

Theres free dlc coop missions, on the store. Outlaws to the end i think its called its 6 missions.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 3:05 am

And they were great. The one with the carriage and such was the best one.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 3:14 am

Why wouldn't you buy RDR and Undead Nightmare? Both are great. RDR for being a dark and awesome cowboy story and Undead Nightmare for being black comedy centered with a zombie storyline that's fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 3:39 am

I did buy both. As a standalone disc UN isn't worth it imo. But I wasn't saying to skip over it though, just to buy it as DLC instead.

Besides if you just play UN you won't get any of the references or jokes the characters made and it's full spoilers.

Last edited by Babby on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 3:42 am

It's funny how I keep getting busy with other games when I want to download UN. After going through ME2 I might finally get it, but I assume there'll be another game that comes along before I do so.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:48 am

I still haven't finished this. Which is very unlike me.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 1:09 pm

When you finish it you'll be like... What that was it?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 1:49 pm

To be honest, I was underwhelmed from the off. Yes, the graphics are great and it gives a real sense of being in the wild west, but it's so sparse and while I eventually overcame my issues with the control scheme the glacial pace of the plot never picked up.

Rockstar spent so much time making it feel authentic they forgot to make the story any fun.

Last edited by SimianWonder on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 1:53 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
To be honest, I was underwhelmed from the off. Yes, the graphics are great and it gives a real sense of being in the wild west, but it's so sparse and while I eventually overcame my issues with the control scheme the glacial pace of the plot ever picked up.

Rockstar spent so much time making it feel authentic they forgot to make the story any fun.
I pretty much felt the same adnwas told the plot would get more interesting, as in people literally make out this has the greatest plot development of a game ever.

Everything is just very underwhelming. I also felt there was such a huge area to wander around and jack shit to do. The cowboy feel is great but they could of done stuff with it. The autolock is broken and playing with manual aim doesn't make it much harder.

Last edited by Superbuu3 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 2:04 pm

I don't think anyone ever said it was a challenging game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today
Page 17 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next