Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter.

Go down 
+6
Superbuu3
Neo
Kimarous
A_Nonny_Moose
Skip
Mewmaster
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mewmaster
You're lying Dammit!
Mewmaster

Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter. Empty
PostSubject: Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter.   Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:36 pm

Went to see the movie in 3-D this weekend. I will get it out of the way right now that it is not as good as the first one, but that was to be expected.

However, it was a very well done movie. The plot developed well, the jokes were actualy funny, and Rumplestiltskin was a good villan. And the credits had a montage of events from the other three Shrek movies.

This was definitely a fond farewell to the Ogre after all these years, and I recommend seeing it just to say goodbye to him.

Oh, as for ratings.

1>4>=2>>>3
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter.   Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:59 pm

Eh. I might rent it when it comes out. Or download it. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter.   Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:05 pm

There's 4 of these films now? Jeez.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter.   Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:14 pm

5 if you include Shrek 1.5
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter.   Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:15 pm

I haven't seen it, but does it provide ANY explanation for why A) Fiona is perma-Ogre if Shrek never saved her, and B) Farquad, the villain from the first film, is never around? Those strike me as pretty glaring plotholes...
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter.   Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:19 pm

Kimarous wrote:
I haven't seen it, but does it provide ANY explanation for why A) Fiona is perma-Ogre if Shrek never saved her, and B) Farquad, the villain from the first film, is never around? Those strike me as pretty glaring plotholes...

Isn't A explained at the end of #1? She's perma-ogre because "with true loves kiss you take true loves form" or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter.   Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:38 pm

Michael Atkinson wrote:
Kimarous wrote:
Isn't A explained at the end of #1? She's perma-ogre because "with true loves kiss you take true loves form" or something like that.
Yes, but if Shrek had never saved her in the first place, as a result of the magical contract, then how come she's perma-Ogre in Shrek 4?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter.   Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:52 pm

Kimarous wrote:
Michael Atkinson wrote:
Kimarous wrote:
Yes, but if Shrek had never saved her in the first place, as a result of the magical contract, then how come she's perma-Ogre in Shrek 4?

the love part had nothing to do with the rescue
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter.   Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:56 pm

What do you mean if he never saved her? Is Shrek 4 a time travel thing?
Also, I've only seen 1 & 2 so I might be missing something here.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter.   Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:06 pm

Sounds like there was some contract for the saving-her-from-a-dragon bit, which he didn't fulfill. That had nothing to do with her curse though, evidently.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter.   Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:38 pm

Shrek and Shrek 2 were ace. No 3 sucked hard. If this is at least on par with 2, it'll be well worth watching.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter.   Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 6:05 pm

Michael Atkinson wrote:
What do you mean if he never saved her? Is Shrek 4 a time travel thing?
Also, I've only seen 1 & 2 so I might be missing something here.
The general impression I got is that Shrek 4 is the standard-fare "It's A Wonderful Life" episode.

Personally, I'll pass. Shrek 1 and 2 were great and I never watched 3; coupled with my mistrust of Mew's tastes, I'll just stick with the first two as I have thus far.
Back to top Go down
Mewmaster
You're lying Dammit!
Mewmaster

PostSubject: Re: Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter.   Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 6:13 pm

Kimarous wrote:
Michael Atkinson wrote:
Kimarous wrote:

Because in a stroke of brilliance from the writers, all of her scenes take place at night.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter.   Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:21 pm

I've kind of been wanting to see this since I actually chuckled at a few of the commercials.

I hated 3, 2 was my favorite and I liked the first one.

WHO KNOWS, THIS MIGHT NOT SUCK!
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter.   Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:32 pm

Well Donkey and the dragon arent married because she eats him by the looks in the commercials. And Fiona might of fell in love with one of the Orges in the group that Shrek finds.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter.   Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter. Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:15 am

Puss was the best in 4. Not sure if I rate it higher than 3 or not.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter.   Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shrek Forever After. Or The Final Chapter.
Page 1 of 1