Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who got god of war collection?

Go down 
+5
Dr. Chocolate
Neo
Baal
Kaio
Superbuu3
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Who got god of war collection? Empty
PostSubject: Did anyone get the god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:14 pm

would be nice if some other games got this kinda treatment
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:30 pm

It was never released in Europe.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:31 pm

I might buy it now that I have GoW3.

If only because I liked the first game so much and I guess the second game was enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:40 pm

Kaio wrote:
It was never released in Europe.

yeah i noticed they removed it off all the sites that had it
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:42 pm

Are you sure? It was released here in Australia just today, I got my copy when I bought the GoW Trilogy.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:43 pm

bubba wrote:
Are you sure? It was released here in Australia just today, I got my copy when I bought the GoW Trilogy.
hmm thats unusual normally its the aussies who get screwed

well i haven't seen it anywhere in england
ocasionally things are released in the EU that UK doesn't get
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:48 pm

I'd really like to have previous RE games having this treatment
I want to get it, heard soooo much praise for this game series
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:19 pm

was it a big improvement graphically?

also were any changes made?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:33 pm

There was no improvement graphically was there? They just upped it to HD resolution and added in trophies.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:36 pm

Yes. Still a nice thing to have for Europeans who got fucked over by Sony and their bullshit.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 2:21 am

Played through the first stage of God of War 1 HD. It's pretty good. Not sure who decided that balancing on beams should be a major focus, but otherwise enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 4:06 pm

GoW HD collection was released in EU.... i had it
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 4:22 pm

We got it after this topic was made. US got it in 09.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 9:46 pm

I like the animation in this game. Kratos doesn't just have a walk cycle and a run cycle, there's a very natural transition from one to the other.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 11:15 pm

Man GOW1 has some really annoying bits. Why was it necessary to make me stick that big catapult on a rotating platform, spin it 90 degrees, take it off the platform, reset the platform, put it back on the platform, then spin it another 90 degrees to get it facing the right way?

Saving the oracle was annoying too. Why couldn't I just stand underneath her and catch her?

I like the fighting though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 11:19 pm

This game feels even more button mashy then i remember.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 12:52 am

i got God Of War 1 a couple of days ago via PS Plus...

seriously, those sections where you need to walk over wooden beams... I'd like to kill the guy who invented those.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 1:09 am

I would like it a lot more if the parry didn't reset the attack string.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 1:35 am

God of War 2 is a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 11:12 pm

Why are their beams? Why are their climbing sections? Why are their awful attempts at puzzles? Why are certain objects breakable i.e. walls and then some vases unbreakable? Why is Kratos such a dick?

I find the gore stupid in this game it seems to be at almost fetish levels. Was also just thinking I've rarely played a game where i just hoped the main character got killed off. Kratos literally just lets people die in front of him for no reason and then just kills others for no particular reason.

That said combat is decent enough to keep me playing but i wish there was more combat and less other nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:42 am

I like the fact that Kratos doesn't give a shit about anyone, and is just completely bent on revenge. I suppose that's understandable given his situation.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:12 am

There's no question that Kratos is a total bellend. During the fist level where he was trying to save the women, he got the key from the captain but then just let the captain die. He could have easily saved him, but didn't, for no reason as far as I could tell. I don't think the captain ever did anything to him. But then he was upset that the women got killed.

I'm really tempted to buy the PSP games, or one of them at least, since they're only £3 each at the moment. Ghost of Sparta seems to be everyone's favourite.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:23 pm

Oh yeah i do get that he doesn't give a shit, but moose mentioned the scene where i thought he was a complete dick.

Also moose says kratos was upset about the women dying. But literally seconds later he just shags another two women and says its not enough to forget his problems. The game tells you he literally shags hundreds of women to try and forget his problem, rather then making the most basic intelligent assumption there's no point in shagging more, he turns to threesomes. All to forget his dead wife who he misses... apparently.

I think giving Kratos a black voice actor was a really bad move. It makes the game all seem a bit racist. He literally seems like an angry black man stereotype (like literally the two worst characters i can think of in games were heller from prototype 2 and kratos and they both went for the same thing apparently, where the guy not only is a dick but goes out of his way to be even more of one). I mean the guy could've been more of a Maximus in gladiator. Instead he's not someone you can give a shit about on any level.

Lastly this seems like a greek fanfiction. I would've much preferred a game about the trials of hercules that then got turned into this kind of stuff at least I wouldn't have thought he was a dick. I'd be genuinely shocked if the game's story ever gets good.

From a gameplay standpoint this game does that well enough, i prefer DMC and ninja gaiden etc, but this is still fun.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:32 pm

I like to think of Kratos as a caricature of the "angry bald man" trope that plagues games these days.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:46 pm

Hercules is the biggest dick in Greek mythology (quite a feat!).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who got god of war collection?   Who got god of war collection? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who got god of war collection?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next