Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Superbuu3's Review: Shutter Island

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Superbuu3's Review: Shutter Island Empty
PostSubject: Superbuu3's Review: Shutter Island   Superbuu3's Review: Shutter Island Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:57 pm

Firstly when i went into this film I didn't have a clue what this was about. Not knowing the genre of a film always makes things slightly confusing especially when the film doesn't know what it wants to be. There was a lot of hype around this film due to the Scorsese Dicaprio reunion. I solely went on the fact Caprio was in this to go and watch it and boy was i disappointed.

To put it simply this film was average, one little line at the end of the film made me like it a bit so it got moved up to average as i've seen films do similar things before, but a lot worse. The strange thing is the more inquisitive people will spot the ending almost immediately, ironically almost 10 minutes into the film i started to suspect the ending and this film is looooooooooooong.

Anyway long story short this film appears to be a mystery, was advertised as a slasher and i guess could be classed as a thriller. Fact is it executes all this poorly, the film is not particularly involving, Dicaprio does well and he can't be faulted for his work here. The script was written by the guy who did Mystic River, this guy did a good job in Mystic River and he obviously just has a problem and pads out films, this suffers greatly whereas Mystic River pulled it off in the end.

Basically federal Marshalls are going to an island looking for a missing Psych patient and basically thats about as interesting as it gets, I think if you watched this a second time you'd get way more out of the movie, but lets face it your not supposed to watch a film twice to like it (which i doubt you would). Apparently this film has been delayed by 6 months as it had to be redone or edited or something as it made little sense, consdiering how bad the end result is I'd hate to have seen what they had originally.

Anyway in summary avoid this movie.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3's Review: Shutter Island   Superbuu3's Review: Shutter Island Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:58 pm

hmm well something royally fucked up there
anyway i was originally saying how did this topic end up getting 70+ views and then it glitched just now and i couldn't edit it
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3's Review: Shutter Island   Superbuu3's Review: Shutter Island Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:18 pm

The ending sucked.

Was he crazy or not? For the love of god someone tell me????
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3's Review: Shutter Island   Superbuu3's Review: Shutter Island Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 7:52 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
The strange thing is the more inquisitive people will spot the ending almost immediately, ironically almost 10 minutes into the film i started to suspect the ending and this film is looooooooooooong.
Yeah, same for me. The most obvious twist is the twist. Although I doubt many people would guess all the details.

The nice thing is though that there's actually two twists, and neither one is more trustworthy than the other. But one of them has to come last and that's the one people will leave with.

Spoiler:

Over all it was average, but that first dream sequence with his wife was brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3's Review: Shutter Island   Superbuu3's Review: Shutter Island Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:03 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
The strange thing is the more inquisitive people will spot the ending almost immediately, ironically almost 10 minutes into the film i started to suspect the ending and this film is looooooooooooong.
Yeah, same for me. The most obvious twist is the twist. Although I doubt many people would guess all the details.

The nice thing is though that there's actually two twists, and neither one is more trustworthy than the other. But one of them has to come last and that's the one people will leave with.

Spoiler:

Over all it was average, but that first dream sequence with his wife was brilliant.
Yeah that was good overall the film lost loads for being way too obvious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3's Review: Shutter Island   Superbuu3's Review: Shutter Island Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Superbuu3's Review: Shutter Island
Page 1 of 1