Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My manga collection

Go down 
+8
Superbuu3
Kaede
Haseoviawesome
DeeCee
Kimarous
A_Nonny_Moose
Rockstar_Sinistar
Ace
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Savage
Solar-Charged

My manga collection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:45 am

No it doesn't. "Most manga" isn't every single one of them, except for TTGL and Gantz. I don't ever remember Ace saying he only bought what someone else considers to be good manga, either.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:48 am

You're retarded.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:50 am

Cool.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:04 am

i own a few manga volumes, but they're scattered between my house and my grandad's house so i cant name them right now.

i mostly just read scans online, as you all know from my ENORMOUS 'currently reading/read' list.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:17 am

If you've owned what you've read on the other hand olol
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:18 am

Savage∞ wrote:

Then you came in and implied that maybe Ace only had two series in his collection because "most manga suck". That doesn't make any sense.

Use your brain. HE HAS ONLY TWO SERIES, WHY?

ONE REASON COULD BE BECAUSE HE ISN'T INTERESTED IN OTHER MANGA CONSIDERING MOST OF THEM SUCK AND IT'S HARD TO FIND A DECENT ONE TO HIS LIKING, HENCE HIM ONLY HAVING TWO SERIES OF INTEREST IN HIS POSSESSION AS OF NOW.

DO YOU UNDERSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!?
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:28 am

Y'know that? I hate that wrote:
Savage∞ wrote:

Then you came in and implied that maybe Ace only had two series in his collection because "most manga suck". That doesn't make any sense.

Use your brain. HE HAS ONLY TWO SERIES, WHY?

ONE REASON COULD BE BECAUSE HE ISN'T INTERESTED IN OTHER MANGA CONSIDERING MOST OF THEM SUCK AND IT'S HARD TO FIND A DECENT ONE TO HIS LIKING, HENCE HIM ONLY HAVING TWO SERIES OF INTEREST IN HIS POSSESSION AS OF NOW.

DO YOU UNDERSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!?
I gotta say, I don't.

A manga doesn't need to be objectively good for someone to like it. TTGL is a good example of that, because it's a mediocre manga series. Does that stop anyone from buying it? Obviously not. The same can be said for all of the other crappy, but popular series that people love so much. I only own one manga series, and that's DB. Does that mean there aren't other series I could buy, but choose not to, because of their quality? No, because DB's quality is nothing special itself. I don't own any anime series except DB, DBZ and DBGT. Those all are subpar anime. Does that mean there aren't any better anime out there I could buy? Of course not. I don't get why you're combining objective standards with 'to his liking', because the two don't go together. If something sucks, you can still like it.

The size of his collection doesn't dictate it's quality. It only dictates his taste. There are better manga than TTGL and Gantz, and there are worse. But apparently, Ace isn't as interested in those...because of his preferences.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:42 am

Or maybe because they fucking suck.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:45 am

That's a possibility. A very unlikely and ambiguous possibility, but still valid nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:59 am

Saying "you can still like something even if it sucks" is just as ambiguous. All your examples are, as you said, mediocre series. That doesn't mean they're horrible and actually suck though. When something sucks, it's something that's usually objectionable and bad, that's the reason WHY THEY SUCK IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Why would he like something that's crappy and uninteresting? People like things because of the redeeming and positive qualities they find in them. If something just simply sucks with nothing likeable about them, there's no way you can actually, you know, LIKE them(unless you're a moron with bad taste).

Regarding Ace, I'm under the impression he has good taste so I assume that the reason he hasn't gotten much manga is because he doesn't care for the ones that actually do suck and it just so happens that a vast amount of manga are in fact, objectionable trash.

That or he just hasn't bothered BUYING the ones he does like.

Last edited by Y'know that? I hate that on Thu May 06, 2010 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:06 am

So basically, he hasn't bought any other manga series because he didn't find any redeeming qualities in them?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:11 am

How the fuck should I know? There are a handful of possibilities of why he doesn't have much manga.

He may find them shitty and avoided all the sucky ones, he might have read the ones he's interested in online instead, maybe he can't find any copies of certain series he wants. Who the fuck knows?
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:12 am

I nose.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:14 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
You're retarded.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:19 am

Cool.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:21 am

Your retardedness caused you to bitchfit and over-analyse over someone bringing up a valid possible reason why someone doesn't have many manga.

That's not cool. THAT'S NOT COOL AT AAAAAALL.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:27 am

Sweet.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:27 am

It's not sweet either.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:33 am

Says who?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:34 am

Dunno.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:38 am

That's what I thought.

OWWWWNED
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:48 am

Man, you fail so hard.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:48 am

Cool.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:28 pm

To answer your argument. I only have Gantz and TTGL because of my tastes. I'm a huge Gantz and TTGL fan so for me they are must buys. Since then I have purchased, Gantz volume 10 and TTGL volume 4, and I also have Berserk volumes 23, 24 and 25, and now plan on getting the rest of berserk to volume 33. And also buying the entire series of Vagabond if the latter series don't come out first and get in the way.

So in a sense yeah. I don't think any other series are worth owning when I could just read them online. When I buy manga I expect to read the same book over and over again numerous times when i get bored. Theres also the library.

Gantz, Berserk, TTGL, and Vagabond are the only series I would buy at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:34 pm

they have manga in libraries over there?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My manga collection   My manga collection - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My manga collection
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next