Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Superbuu3 reviews Resident Evil 5 Gold

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Superbuu3 reviews Resident Evil 5 Gold Empty
PostSubject: Superbuu3 reviews Resident Evil 5 Gold   Superbuu3 reviews Resident Evil 5 Gold Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:50 pm

Simply put this is not a horror game its survival action, i'm not really sure how many times this needs to be pointed out before someone retarded shows up and says how RE4 and 5 simply are not scary.

Anyway i'm a long terms fan of the series Chris suddenly becoming the protagonist after having been out of the picture so long was a fairly predictable move considering how much he's mentioned. Any sequel to this will be taking the series back to its roots apparently not really sure if thats actually a good thing, so lets enjoy what we have here here for what it is right now.

Gameplay is similar to RE4 with an over the shoulder camera to make things immersive, aiming works on a turret system and you can only melee a stunned enemy. The system works well and the camera makes you feel right in the middle of the action. Its also a decent camera angle for you to still get jumped from behind if you happened to go past a zombie spawn point (not the crappy old school type just majini can climb fences so they pop up a lot).

This game has a decent difficulty curve and playing through on multiple difficulties will be rewarding and fun (although i've yet to play professional I assume the curve is still good at that point). If you really suck at the game you have an AI partner who can at times be really good, but at others really retarded (then again online gamers aren't the brightest group around, though its hard to tell if they just suck or suck deliberately). Split screen saves the day though if you have a friend who's competent by which i mean is either good at the game or aware there shit and shouldn't piss away ammo this game is great.

The story is fairly predictable and uninteresting, but really this is a action game with beautiful set pieces, story takes a back seat and really you should be expecting cheesy dialogue at this point in the series. Albert Wesker is ambiguously camp to the point you don't know if he wants to kill chris or rape him, Chris is just lemon and Sheva's accent seems to change depending on what word she says (seriously why does anyone think british accents are that fucked up, especially when she doesn't seem to have been in England at any point >_>).

Graphics and presentation are amazing, when the cameras moves there is some kind of effect that gives a movie like feel this might be V-syncing i maybe wrong i don't know jack about these kinds of terms. Most importantly no slow down, freezing or frame skips.

You have the core game, versus, lost in nightmares, desperate escape, mercenaries and mercenaries reunions. I'll just say here and now versus is pretty shit,k this is the worst versus online community in a game ever, if ppl are losing they will dc, even though noting counts for anything so i have no idea why ppl do this. Mercenaries is an arcadey blaster version of the game with waves of enemy after you and a survival against a countdown clock you can play with different characters here which is a nice touch. All modews are online and split screen which is a nice touch. If you want more details on the other sections of the game post and i'll deliver. Thats just a bit too much writing for now me thinks.

Anyway if you have a next gen console and enjoy action this is a must buy.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 reviews Resident Evil 5 Gold   Superbuu3 reviews Resident Evil 5 Gold Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Good review
I think Gold is better than the normal because you don't have to buy the extra features with it
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 reviews Resident Evil 5 Gold   Superbuu3 reviews Resident Evil 5 Gold Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:17 pm

And it costs only 60% of the original price. (never bothered doing the math)
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 reviews Resident Evil 5 Gold   Superbuu3 reviews Resident Evil 5 Gold Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:24 pm

if you haven't got RE5

gold is well worth buying
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superbuu3 reviews Resident Evil 5 Gold   Superbuu3 reviews Resident Evil 5 Gold Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Superbuu3 reviews Resident Evil 5 Gold
Page 1 of 1