Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TC_Ninja
Deck Hand
TC_Ninja

Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series? Empty
PostSubject: Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series?   Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:47 am

I'm not refering to anything they have actually done, specifically, but I am just wondering what you guys think would be creative (or other) types of mistakes that would kill this franchise.

1. Taking the setting out of Japan.
-I think it would be acceptable if they had a few chapters within a game set somewhere else, but it would totally destroy the point of the game for it be located primarily outside of Japan.

2. Have a wimpy lead character.
-It just wouldn't be fun playing as a Ralph Macchio archetype...

3. Keep doing weak localizations.
-It's nice they decided to release Yakuza 3 in the West, but the way they handled it couldn't have been worse. They'd do it more justice by not localizing it at all. They are only ruining the chances of it ever being a success here.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series?   Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:45 pm

i think if they did it outside of japan that could work, maybe like a american branch or something
but if they do that they should make it either a spinoff, or introduce that in a game before going to deep into that

wimpy lead charaacters would be a terrible idea, i.e. someone like nanahara in battle royale would completely put me off the series, i also would hate for them to make us play a female lead

weak localisations ok i gotta admit i'm probably more forgiving then most about this, the loss of minigames is what really bugged me, the hostess club removla for me was a relief. The dating aspect is fully in and a lot more happens in the dating part if they removed this that owuld of annoyed me as i would miss out on fights.

thing is we got the DLC for free and for me the DLC >>>>>>>>> hostess club and minigames

although i admit i'm not aware of the minigames removed shogi and mahjong for me personally were not that fun in yakuza 2 (what were the other 2 removed?)

now what actually bugs me is the idea that a few side missions were removed, i guess if they weren't big fights or that interesting its not that big a deal, but removing mission is always a bad thing. especially if they had decent characters to fight.

So overall for me the cost of how much the DLC i got free was worth the loss of some other things, especially as this game wasn't full price
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series?   Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:22 pm

Quote :

Well, that would kind of defeat the point of it being called Yakuza, right? They are the Japanese mafia after all.
Back to top Go down
TC_Ninja
Deck Hand
TC_Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series?   Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 11:35 pm

The Music Meister wrote:
Quote :

Well, that would kind of defeat the point of it being called Yakuza, right? They are the Japanese mafia after all.

Yup, that was my point. They shouldn't do that.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series?   Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:38 am

yakuza are certainly in america and several other countries

most organisations are international i.e. mafia and triads are everywhere
Back to top Go down
TC_Ninja
Deck Hand
TC_Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series?   Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:12 am

I think it would be really cool to see a Yakuza vs. Russian Mafia plot. Those guys are pretty hardcore, as many of them are former KGB and such. The baddest of the bad. They allegedly launder money around here through ATMs. You take the dirty cash, and they take the clean stuff from the bank account. It's ingenius.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series?   Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:11 am

isn't russian mafia slightly more hardcore then the average gangsters

i mean i remember them being involved with nuclear weapons smuggling or at least attempting
Back to top Go down
TC_Ninja
Deck Hand
TC_Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series?   Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:49 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
isn't russian mafia slightly more hardcore then the average gangsters

i mean i remember them being involved with nuclear weapons smuggling or at least attempting

yeah, they're probably capable of taking down some governments lol
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series?   Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:01 pm

The first logiacal step i think would be to add the triad in

as they obviously would end up crossing paths

i guess they could try the korean angle again
but those are something i wasn't even aware off even though i kjinda assume there is some sort of mafia in most countries
Back to top Go down
TC_Ninja
Deck Hand
TC_Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series?   Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
The first logiacal step i think would be to add the triad in

as they obviously would end up crossing paths

i guess they could try the korean angle again
but those are something i wasn't even aware off even though i kjinda assume there is some sort of mafia in most countries

The triads make more sense, as do the koreans... But I just don't see them as a viable threat in comparison to the russians.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series?   Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:47 am

well i always just saw the regular mafia i.e. the italians as there competition if we're talking america

yakuza set in europe now that would seem kinda odd
Back to top Go down
TC_Ninja
Deck Hand
TC_Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series?   Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:49 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
well i always just saw the regular mafia i.e. the italians as there competition if we're talking america

yakuza set in europe now that would seem kinda odd

I could see that, but the only mobsters you ever hear about are the ones that got caught, so they aren't really a good example. The Russian mafia is pretty dominant in North America as well, not just Europe. I have no personal connection to Russia, but the fact that these guys are pretty much everywhere but you don't hear about it is a testement to their skills. My dad used to work national security and he said that the Russians are too clever to catch a lot of the time. One guy had a bug planted in his office by the city police, about an hour or two later he walked into the station, put the bug on the counter, and said "I believe this is yours"... LOL pwned.

They'd probably be too good of a villain though, and I agree, they are NOT well known because there's never anything to report. OK, you convinced me, Italians it is now Razz Though it would be funny (see: terrible) to see some ghetto gangstas... Their hand-to-hand abilities are probably worthless compared to every other type of criminal group.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series?   Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:32 pm

yeah i think the main problem with the russians would they would be not as powerful as they should be

and secondly do they even dabble in the same stuff as the yakuza
honestly like you mentioned i've got no clue what they do cause they never seem to be caught

most other organisations are involved in lots of stuff

in terms of ghetto gangsters that would just be hilarious
not sure if you played urban reign but thats pretty much the result i could imagine
Back to top Go down
TC_Ninja
Deck Hand
TC_Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series?   Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:57 pm

The Russians, hilariously, dabble in almost anything. There was some boss around here (I think), that was seen having his limo driver stop so he could get out and put an unchained bike in the trunk. No crime too small, even if you're a millionare, I guess. Technically he could've gotten in trouble for that, but it's likely nobody cares enough about a bike to deal with the litigation.

Probably the most appropriate bad-asses to have would be some triads (as you said) from Hong Kong. That place does serious business. There is bound to be some scary people from there.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series?   Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:53 am

yeah i wasn't convinced by GTA's handling of the triads

they make them out to be more useless then the ghetto gangsters
i mean there at least organised crimed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series?   Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big mistakes Sega has to avoid with this series?
Page 1 of 1