Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IT'S PARODIUS!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Baramos
Deck Hand
Baramos

IT'S PARODIUS! Empty
PostSubject: IT'S PARODIUS!   IT'S PARODIUS! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 3:59 am

Ever played Gradius, the classic space-shooter series from Konami? Ever wondered what Gradius would be like if it was a comical, colorful mockery of itself with bajillions of penguins, cat-battleships, bald eagles dressed as Uncle Sam, and gratuitous amounts of sugary classical music remixes?

Well, even if you've never wondered, Parodius is here to answer that question.

http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/parodius/parodius.htm

To fully explain Parodius would be a massive undertaking, which is why I'll leave that to Hardcore Gaming 101. Basically, though, Konami, at some point, apparently decided that Gradius was a bit too drab for their standards, so they basically spilled a tank of batshit-crazy into the standard Gradius formula and created Parodius. It plays almost exactly like the original Gradius games (only a good deal more forgiving), except with loads of cameos to other Konami franchises, a bizarrely hilarious classical music soundtrack, and loads of insane, colorful visuals. The series spans four games. Playing this game involves;

IT'S PARODIUS! DraculaIT'S PARODIUS! GoemonIT'S PARODIUS! TwinbeeIT'S PARODIUS! Vic_viper
Kid Dracula, Goemon, Twinbee, and even Vic Viper himself all being playable characters;

IT'S PARODIUS! Cool10IT'S PARODIUS! WhatakcIT'S PARODIUS! Parody7aIT'S PARODIUS! Cool8
Tackling such fearsome foes as the dastardly Corn Chiwa, the dreaded Cat Battleship, Rika the giant vegas dancer, and some sort of Twinbee knockoff with gigantic hooters, and;

IT'S PARODIUS! Paro3-saturn2a
Basically being treated to the sort of nonsensical gibberish that can only be made by the Japanese. If you like Gradius and being heavily, heavily confused, I'd definitely recommend downloading some roms of them.
Back to top Go down

IT'S PARODIUS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S PARODIUS!   IT'S PARODIUS! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 4:02 am

Did you just join to flog your game?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

IT'S PARODIUS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S PARODIUS!   IT'S PARODIUS! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 4:04 am

There's 2 posts I can't see, so I assume he came with the mmorpg thingy that Buu did.
Back to top Go down
Baramos
Deck Hand
Baramos

IT'S PARODIUS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S PARODIUS!   IT'S PARODIUS! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 4:08 am

Yeah, I popped over here from Megaten when Buu mentioned he had a forum... sorry, it didn't occur to me to introduce myself on the main introductions thread too >_>;;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IT'S PARODIUS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IT'S PARODIUS!   IT'S PARODIUS! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IT'S PARODIUS!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: Shooters-
Jump to: