Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Superbuu3's Review: Global Defense Force

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

global - Superbuu3's Review: Global Defense Force Empty
PostSubject: Superbuu3's Review: Global Defense Force   global - Superbuu3's Review: Global Defense Force Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 11:21 am

Here is a hidden gem of a game and one of the rare occasions where EU got a game that NA didn't.

Well this game basically plays out as a B-Movie and came out at budget price. If you think that sounds crap you'd be sorely mistaken. This is the ultimate game for Gameplay>Graphics. This game does horrendous drops in frame rate but considering the amount of enemies and action I honestly didn't care. Thow in the fact it also has a split screen mode and this game kicks ass.

The moment you start the first level you can truly see how epic this game is going to be. Admittedly I had no clue what this game ws about and I have no idea why i bought it. But the opening scene of giant ants clambering over big ben with the london eye in the background is fairly awesome. Yes this game involves superbugs in london. You basically have two choices of character male marine or female weird futuristic warrior type thing. The marine has more traditional weapons and can use tanks/bikes/choppers the woman uses lasers and has a jet pack. Its an interesting contrast in characters.

Environments are fully destructible so you can literally level teh city if your that way inclined, though there is the nagging feeling that your causing more damage to the city then the aliens. Mind who cares when your having fun, I should point out that if you do pick up this game the frame rate mainly drops when the creators thought they'd add some realism and throw in civilians luckily these guys runaway from teh bad guys and leave the levels fairly quickly so frame rate returns quickly and there not in most levels.

Theres around 70 missions in this game with 5 difficulty levels, I guess you could say that the missions are reptitive as you are effectively bowing shit up, but the enemy are varied and you get to fight a variety of giant insects and saucers and godzilla. Yes you read that right in this game you get to taken on Godzilla and he makes a few appearances, but i don't want to give away too many spoilers.

Eitehr way if your lucky enough to find this at a cheap price i recommend picking it up. Unfortunately a lot of douche bags bought multiple copies of this game and started selling it at extortionate prices, I kid you not i have seen people trying to sell this for over 100 pounds, I'm sure people won't buy it at that price but either way its ridiculous.

So there you have it a great game for the action fan but it has no signs of a story or any kind of production values. Considering its price you may as well buy it over a rental and i really doubt you'd ever find this for rental. Overall if you think gameplay is the most important aspect of a game and you like generally old school chaotic games check this out, theres not many games you get to blow crap up on this scale or with at least as much fun.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net

Superbuu3's Review: Global Defense Force
Page 1 of 1