Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary

Go down 
+2
A_Nonny_Moose
Kimarous
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary Empty
PostSubject: Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary   Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 8:37 am

Amy - In all honesty, she doesn't really interest me. Sure, she is Raphael's motivation, but she's better suited to be just that; a background motivational character, not a playable combatant. There's something just not right about a depressing Gothic Lolita kicking the ass of spectral knights and the like... guess that's the humiliation factor at work.

Cassandra - Another character that doesn't interest me. She really just feels like a cheap knockoff of her older sister (Sophitia). In addition, I think she's become more and more of a butterface with each new installment.

Hilde - Instant favourite; 'nuff said. She kicks ass, she looks great (even with her rather conservative attire), and quite possibly has the best ending in the game. I've never fallen into fandom faster in my whole life. Siegfried x Hilde FTW!

Ivy - She has an interesting backstory, I'll give you that, but I find her awkward in all other regards. She dresses like a whore but doesn't act like one (inconsistant), her weapon is bloody hard to master (difficult), her breasts are too large for my preferences and her face doesn't help any (unappealing)... again, all I like about her is her story.

Seong Mi-na - She's been one of my favourites since way back in the original Soul Blade. I'm not sure what more to say about her. I like her, both as a fighter and a character.

Setsuka - I feel similar to her as I do about Amy. Uninteresting in general, but there's something delightful about kicking as as "Mary Poppins". I dislike her because she's little more than something to enhance the dull and virtually pointless existence of Mitsurugi. Don't get me wrong, he's cool and all, but his story is the blandest of any character in the series.

Sophitia - My favourite female character in the whole series, if not my favourite character period. Let me tell you, when I first heard that she had gone "dark side" in SC4, I was heart-broken. Even so, she kicks just as much ass as she always has and manages to have a happy ending regardless. She's also my best character to play as.

Taki - She's just... meh. Again, someone I'm not very interested in. On a side note, isn't cherry red just as bad a colour for a ninja to wear as bright orange? Not to say she's a bad ninja... or that Naruto is one.

Talim - She was my favourite character in SC2; I still like her a lot, but nowhere near as much as I used to. Taking Sophitia and Hilde into account, she is my third favourite female character in the series.

Tira - Shh! I didn't say anything. Go to sleep, crazy lady...

Xianghua - She seems a lot less annoying this time around... probably because she's worrying so much about Kilik these days. Otherwise, she hasn't changed that much in my eyes. Alright, but nothing worth talking about.

(And now, on to the Bonus characters...)

Ashlotte - I actually like her. We have blind contortionists, demonic swords, clay golems, lizardman, and all kinds of shit like that; a clockwork android isn't too farfetched for the series. Besides, you gotta admit... her introduction in Story mode (as an opponent) is just plain cute.

Kamikirimusi - Again, an oni girl doesn't seem too out of place when considering the other bizarre aspects of the SC universe. Taki is a demon slayer anyway, so she actually fits pretty well. She seems a bit contractictory in her speech, though. "Strength isn't all that matters", says the demon girl who just beat the shit out of her foe with a gigantic iron club...

Scheherazade - And I thought Xianghua's voice was annoying... despite this issue, I like "Charizard". Her elven nature, as stated above, isn't too out of place and her appearance looks pretty good.

Shura - Scantly-clad Japanese woman who dual-wields katanas... need I say more?

Angol Fear - Get... the hell... OUT! You don't belong here! You don't even look like you've made a full transition from the manga page! You fit even less than the Star Wars characters; at least with them I can pretend they are just powerful sorcerors! You... you just look... stupid! Get out! GET OUT!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary   Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 9:00 am

I find the story of Soul Calibur impossible to follow (apart from the basic good sword vs bad sword stuff that happens every time), but Cassandra and Sophitia are sisters? I might have just not payed any attention to them at all, but I assumed they were mother/daughter.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary   Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:03 am

---Ranked in order of attractiveness---

Xianghua- SUPER-CUTE, but a mediocre fighter

Seung Mina- cute, solid fighter
Cassandra- cute, mediocre fighter

Tira- she's got a hawt bod. Face is kinda' ugly, though >.<
Talim- cute, GREAT fighter. Too young, though TT_TT

That's all the ones that I think are cute. The ugliest are:
Setsuka- seriously, she has NOTHING going for her, interesting fighting style, though. Too bad it sucks.

Cassandra- ugly face, HUGE boobs. No thanks. She's a competent fighter, I guess.

Taki- Ugly face, HUGE boobs, and that spandex does NOT help. Which is too bad, 'cuz I really have a thing for ninja chicks. She's an AWESOME fighter, though. She's my second main (after Siegfried).

Hilde- She could be cute, but that mole really ruins her face for me. And that's the #1 thing I look at in a girl, is a pretty face. She's an alright fighter, though. Hard to use. I'm trying to learn her atm. Third main.

LAST PLACE:
Ivy. Thoroughly hideous bondage queen. I'll pass, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary   Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:44 pm

??? Who the hell is Angol Fear?

Anyway, Since I haven't played SC4 yet. I'll just comment on the SC3 ones. Very Happy

Xianghua - Good to look at and play as.
Seung Mina - Same as above.
Cassandra - Meh, She'll do.
Tira - Too much make-up, Whore.
Talim - A weeee bit petite for my taste.
Setsuka - Meh, Let Mitsurugi have her.
Sophitia - Better than her sister.
Taki - Keep that mask on and I approve. Very Happy
Ivy - eeeww, Tira's bondage buddy! blech!
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary   Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:21 pm

Rockstar_Joker wrote:
??? Who the hell is Angol Fear?
Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary Sc4-angol-fear
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary   Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:50 pm

Oh Angol Fear is Angol Mois' cousin. Angol Mois is from Sergeant Frog. Angol Fear was made by the manga artist of Sergeant Frog.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary   Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:52 pm

??? Haven't heard of any one of those things.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary   Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:53 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergeant_Frog

And the Artist Oh Great! (Who made Air Gear and Tenjho Tenge) made a character for this too
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary   Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:56 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:
Oh Angol Fear is Angol Mois' cousin. Angol Mois is from Sergeant Frog. Angol Fear was made by the manga artist of Sergeant Frog.
So what? I don't like her and feel like she doesn't fit!

And before you mention the Star Wars characters, I pretend that they're sorcerors...
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary   Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:56 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:

And the Artist Oh Great! (Who made Air Gear and Tenjho Tenge) made a character for this too

Very Happy Tenjou Tenge's good.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary   Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:57 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:

He designed Ashlotte.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary   Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:58 pm

Kimarous wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
So what? I don't like her and feel like she doesn't fit!

And before you mention the Star Wars characters, I pretend that they're sorcerors...

I never said you had to like her. I just gave a reason for why she looked out of place.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary   Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 7:50 am

MY TURN! Now that I have beaten every story I can give my opinion.

Amy- Cute. Okay Story. But as Kima said, she's more suited as a side character. But damn! She's a beast in combat!

Cassandra- I've always liked Cassandra since SCII. Because she was a cuter version of Sophitia. And I'm still attracted to her! I like the way she plays but for god's sake they haven't updated much her attacks. Her story's fine.

Hilde- While not an instant favorite, Hilde is damn awesome. I also like how she spared Siegfried in the end. Overall, great character.

Ivy- She'd be on the top of list if not for her butterface! And the fact her weapon is so damn difficult to pull off the best moves!

Seong Mi-Na- I've always liked Mi-Na. She served as an older sister type to Yun-Seong and is actually a pretty good fighter. Especially since her and Yun-Seong remind me of Hwang so much. Hwang was the best.

Setsuka- Refer to Kima's Opinion!

Sophitia- Is it me or did she pull a full 180? So Tira manipulated her into helping her children? Sounds about right. Except that Sophitia was one of the few people who could wiled the Soul Calibur in one of the past games. (Or was that Cassandra). Either way She is fucking beautiful! I love Sophitia as much as I did before. I still miss her crotch piledriver. But now it's a crotch neck snap.

Taki- Ahh the big boobed ninja in Red Spandex! I love the concept! But tshe's a ninja! I forgot Naruto wasn't the only series that couldn't pull this formula off! Oh well! She's good. Fun to play as, Her story this time around sucked, and she's hot.

Talim- Cute and agile. Her obsession with wind scares me. But still a good character. Kinda pissed she didn't get it on with Yun-Seong but meh. There's gonna be another Soul Calibur you just know it.

Tira- Glad to see she became cute. That if it weren't for her psychotic personality and total devotion to Nightmare!

Xianghua- GOD HER VOICE IS ANNOYING! In both versions! She's a great fighter but god!

Bonus Character Time Persons!

Angol Fear- I don't blame her for looking like she popped right out of a manga. Sergeant Frog is a really cartoony manga so I can understand why she looks like that! But still she's nothing like her cousin! She doesn't really feel out of place. For gods sake! We have swords that turn into ice! A Golem who likes maggots! And a damn demon! This in Europe to take the whole fucking cake!

Ashlotte- Ahh! Oh Great! did not let me down with her. Very cool chick. Too bad her battle style is just like Astaroth's! But then again every other Bonus Character uses a battle style from another person so meh.

Kamikirimusi- w00t! Hot demon girl! And she's powerful as hell too! Does Hirokazu Hisayuki have some fetish with extremely cute/ hot women being insanely powerful? Not a problem though.

Scheherazade- Don't know much about Yutaka Izubuchi but he seems like a cool guy! Especially for how cute this Elf-Girl is!

Shura- Hawt!
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary   Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:49 pm

Amy - yay! shes playable in this one too! and she seems to have stolen raphael's multi-stab attack Sad very cute, seems kinda 'doll'-ish to me... not my type.
Cassandra - just as cheery as ever, i see. and i think she has gotten hit a few too many times by the ugly stick in recent installments...
Hilde - has a 'happy ending' for herself that doesnt kill seigfried, so instant points! very attractive and hope she appears in future games.
Ivy - her breasts will be their own character in the next game, and looks like her clothes got hit with a lawnmower 5 minutes before she had to appear in the game...
Seong Mi-na - cute, nice, and can kick the ass of golems 4 times her size. need i say more?
Setsuka - wait, i thought mitsurugi already HAD a rival(taki)... whatever. good on the eyes but a pain to master her play style.
Sophitia - MILF ALERT! just plain awesome. her ending brought tears to my eyes(here i thought algol was a heartless dick when WHAM!)
Taki - umm... she's okay? not my type.
Talim - she seems to have slowed down on the 'wind' spammage(possibly oweing to her new medication) so she's not some harpy anymore. very cute.
Tira - sounds like harley quinn(from batman) in this game to me... and nightmare went from gravelly voice to MEGATRON!
Xianghua - her play style scares the crap outta me. and she's cute, which makes it all the more unnerving >_>

on to the Bonus characters

Ashlotte - reminds me of that girl from persona, and to baal: she isnt SIMILAR to astaroth, she IS astaroth, check her movelist in training mode.
Kamikirimusi - hooks up with algol in her ending. very easy on the eyes, and the horns add a certain exotic touch(like elfen lied, but less slashy...)
Scheherazade - i thought it was pronounced 'sher-ih-zod' and made me think of link when i saw her... creepy.
Shura - another battle crazy person... sexy, but would kill all who aproach her, so kind of a turn-off
Angol Fear - looks like she stepped out of a kingdom hearts doujin, and her english voice doesnt fit AT ALL.

on another note: seigfried's japanese VA sounds like, if not IS nobuyuki hiama
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary   Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:21 pm

Tobi wrote:
Amy - yay! shes playable in this one too! and she seems to have stolen raphael's multi-stab attack Sad very cute, seems kinda 'doll'-ish to me... not my type.
Cassandra - just as cheery as ever, i see. and i think she has gotten hit a few too many times by the ugly stick in recent installments...
Hilde - has a 'happy ending' for herself that doesnt kill seigfried, so instant points! very attractive and hope she appears in future games.
Ivy - her breasts will be their own character in the next game, and looks like her clothes got hit with a lawnmower 5 minutes before she had to appear in the game...
Seong Mi-na - cute, nice, and can kick the ass of golems 4 times her size. need i say more?
Setsuka - wait, i thought mitsurugi already HAD a rival(taki)... whatever. good on the eyes but a pain to master her play style.
Sophitia - MILF ALERT! just plain awesome. her ending brought tears to my eyes(here i thought algol was a heartless dick when WHAM!)
Talim - she seems to have slowed down on the 'wind' spammage(possibly oweing to her new medication) so she's not some harpy anymore. very cute.
Tira - sounds like harley quinn(from batman) in this game to me... and nightmare went from gravelly voice to MEGATRON!
Xianghua - her play style scares the crap outta me. and she's cute, which makes it all the more unnerving >_>

Ashlotte - reminds me of that girl from persona, and to baal: she isnt SIMILAR to astaroth, she IS astaroth, check her movelist in training mode.
Kamikirimusi - hooks up with algol in her ending. very easy on the eyes, and the horns add a certain exotic touch(like elfen lied, but less slashy...)
Scheherazade - i thought it was pronounced 'sher-ih-zod' and made me think of link when i saw her... creepy.
Shura - another battle crazy person... sexy, but would kill all who aproach her, so kind of a turn-off
Angol Fear - looks like she stepped out of a kingdom hearts doujin, and her english voice doesnt fit AT ALL.

1. It is Nobuyuki Hiyama just like it has been in every last installment of every Soul Game that had voices. Unlike the American one where his voice keeps changing. He wasn't even voiced by Crispin Freeman in this one!

2. YOU WILL SPELL THAT MAN'S NAME RIGHT AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary   Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:47 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:
Tobi wrote:

1. It is Nobuyuki Hiyama just like it has been in every last installment of every Soul Game that had voices. Unlike the American one where his voice keeps changing. He wasn't even voiced by Crispin Freeman in this one!

2. YOU WILL SPELL THAT MAN'S NAME RIGHT AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!
i apologize, i forgot the 'y' in his name. and i miss the crispin freeman VA for seigfried Sad
and as i said earlier in my post, nightmare sounds like megatron
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary   Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:48 pm

Have you heard his Japanese Voice? He sounds like EI-01 from GaoGaiGar.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary   Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:55 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:
i have the voice settings set on japanese so of course ive heard that voice, but i havent watched GGG yet
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary   Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:50 pm

Tobi wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
i have the voice settings set on japanese so of course ive heard that voice, but i havent watched GGG yet

Well you're gonna have to download it on a torrent because YouTube doesn't have the episodes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary   Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soul Calibur Girls - A Commentary
Page 1 of 1