Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
myownninja
Arting Starvist
myownninja

Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Empty
PostSubject: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street   Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:15 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.storywrite.com/mylivingmelody
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street   Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:17 am

THIS MOVIE OWNS YOU
Back to top Go down
Sam
Ethereal Goddess
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street   Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:18 am

The only musical that I enjoyed. <3 the songs in that movie.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JudgementStar
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street   Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:19 am

Would have been better without all that singing.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street   Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:20 am

T_Man wrote:
Would have been better without all that singing.

Back to top Go down
Sam
Ethereal Goddess
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street   Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:20 am

It was a musical. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street   Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:22 am

Asch Forever wrote:
Singing, of course. It wasn't bad, I'm just not a fan of musicals.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street   Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:22 am

T_Man wrote:
Asch Forever wrote:

Then why did you see it?
Back to top Go down
Sam
Ethereal Goddess
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street   Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:23 am

DevilKingBaal wrote:
T_Man wrote:
Asch Forever wrote:

Then why did you see it?

Seriously.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street   Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:25 am

DevilKingBaal wrote:
T_Man wrote:
Asch Forever wrote:

Then why did you see it?
Because I have a friend who loves films, musicals, and Johnny Depp, and he dragged me to it (dragged to the first showing to Episode III as well). Plus I quite like films as well, and was willing to give it a chance. Like I said, it wasn't bad. I just don't get the point of musicals.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street   Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:27 am

T_Man wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
T_Man wrote:
Asch Forever wrote:

Then why did you see it?
Because I have a friend who loves films, musicals, and Johnny Depp, and he dragged me to it (dragged to the first showing to Episode III as well). Plus I quite like films as well, and was willing to give it a chance. Like I said, it wasn't bad. I just don't get the point of musicals.

Oh boy. What is the point of movies in general Nonny?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street   Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:31 am

DevilKingBaal wrote:
T_Man wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
T_Man wrote:
Asch Forever wrote:
Then why did you see it?
Yeah, yeah, I know. I just meant that I don't see why telling a story through a series of songs is better than just telling a story. I mean, if it was one long performance with constant music and singing stuff, well then it's just a long song. But when people are talking one moment and then singing the next for no reason other than "it's a musical", it becomes hard for me to take it seriously.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street   Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:32 am

T_Man wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
T_Man wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
T_Man wrote:
Asch Forever wrote:
Then why did you see it?
Yeah, yeah, I know. I just meant that I don't see why telling a story through a series of songs is better than just telling a story. I mean, if it was one long performance with constant music and singing stuff, well then it's just a long song. But when people are talking one moment and then singing the next for no reason other than "it's a musical", it becomes hard for me to take it seriously.

Because some people enjoy people singing with a plot. People have their own preferences. It's actually a little bit more unique because they're not talking and singing. But in the end it comes down to preference.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street   Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:39 am

That's what gets me. It's not happening because of anything to do with the plot or the characters or anything. It's just a completely surreal factor. It's like if every 10 minutes the people started changing colours randomly for no reason.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street   Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:53 am

T_Man wrote:
That's what gets me. It's not happening because of anything to do with the plot or the characters or anything. It's just a completely surreal factor. It's like if every 10 minutes the people started changing colours randomly for no reason.
Again, preference.
Back to top Go down
myownninja
Arting Starvist
myownninja

PostSubject: Re: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street   Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:57 am

its a tim burton so i had to check it out
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street   Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:58 am

DevilKingBaal wrote:
T_Man wrote:
Again, preference.
Yes, I know preference. I'm just explaining my problem with it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street   Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 5:00 am

The fact that it was live action probably had something to with it too. I don't mind characters bursting into song as much when it's animated.
Back to top Go down
myownninja
Arting Starvist
myownninja

PostSubject: Re: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street   Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 5:02 am

yeah the stop-motion animations fit better bursting into song
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street   Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Page 1 of 1