Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo Empty
PostSubject: Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo   Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 1:41 am

Twas Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Fran
General Zombie
Fran

PostSubject: Re: Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo   Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 2:03 am

Elaborate.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo   Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 2:19 am

Well this is the only Star Wars Game I have played that has a combo system. You can combine Force Powers with your regular attacks. You play as the Apprentice and have to kill every Jedi FOllower and StormTrooper because no one can know you exist. If they do Palpatine will figure out and if Palpatine figures out Vader has an Apprentice then shit will go down!
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo   Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 2:23 am

I played it.

1. The graphics were ugly. I don't care much for graphics, but I was shocked that the character model for the Apprentice actually looks better in Soul Calibur >.>

2. The controls were FREAKING BAD. It's a pain in the ass to lock on to anything, and then once you force grab anything, it's difficult to manipulate it.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo   Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 2:27 am

I liked the controls weren't too difficult! But yes the targeting system? Oh my god it was bad! I could barely lock on to the thing I wanted!
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo   Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 2:29 am

DevilKingBaal wrote:
I liked the controls weren't too difficult! But yes the targeting system? Oh my god it was bad! I could barely lock on to the thing I wanted!
Yeah, I said that >.>

It wouldn't be a big deal, but the game RELIES on lock-ons. You CAN NOT ATTACK something unless you're locked on to it, unless you just start randomly throwing out force lightnings.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo   Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 2:30 am

Godot <3 wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
Yeah, I said that >.>

It wouldn't be a big deal, but the game RELIES on lock-ons. You CAN NOT ATTACK something unless you're locked on to it, unless you just start randomly throwing out force lightnings.

It's annoying. The Graphics looked ugly. But I'm pretty sure this is the Demo they introduced the game with. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed by now.
Back to top Go down
Fran
General Zombie
Fran

PostSubject: Re: Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo   Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 2:33 am

Quote :
You can combine Force Powers with your regular attacks.

This intrigued me.

Until I read the rest of the topic.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo   Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 2:39 am

Yeah, I heard about the game, and I was like, that sounds dumb.

And then I played the demo. Right at the begininning, I started smashing out windows on a space ship with giant ass chunks of metal, and I was like, THIS IS AWESOME.

And then, I got into a skirmish, and I was pissed. The auto-lock targets EVERYTHING, every enemy soldier, every random chunk of metal, every stray hand grenade, EVERYTHING. It makes it waaaaaaaay too hard to get anything done.
Back to top Go down
Robzooo
Deck Hand
Robzooo

PostSubject: Re: Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo   Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:03 pm

I enjoyed it alot But its no patch on the JK series!

Damn it I wish there was a JK 4

+ no online W..T...F!

But Ill probably still get it! im such a star wars freak and torturing stormtroopers is a second hobby to me.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo   Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:46 pm

It's not that good for the reasons Godot mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo   Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:04 pm

Robzooo wrote:
But Ill probably still get it! im such a star wars freak and torturing stormtroopers is a second hobby to me.
DUDE. Did you try and force grab a stormtrooper and smash him into another one? They all grab onto each other so you can't lift 'em into the air! It was awesome!

I could only do it once, though, 'cuz the targeting is such a bitch in that game.
Back to top Go down
Robzooo
Deck Hand
Robzooo

PostSubject: Re: Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo   Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:08 am

yeah I am currently trying to make a chain of 3 by having one grab the legs of another that grabs the hands of the next!

Plus picking one up and rotating the Right analogue stick to make them spin out of control is funny as fuck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo   Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Played the Star Wars Force Unleashed Demo
Page 1 of 1