Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime Empty
PostSubject: So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime   So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 10:21 am

Cowboy Bebop - I can't believe I hadn't seen this sooner its brilliant.
Outlaw Star - Another classic weird that this was around the same time as cowboy Bebop as it also does the space cowboys thing.
Tokyo Ghoul - The worst anime I have ever seen and outright lazy animation in the show.
Kill la Kill - Seen a couple of episodes and I don't particularly like it, it seems to try to make fun of anime by being exactly like them and then talking aboubt it seems to make it clever. I really don't like that type of humour.
Sword Art Online - hilariously plot hole ridden, actually animation of the fights is pretty good though and the fast pace makes it at least watchable, I also do like the ideas they have for some of the games, we're getting a game based on the death gun arc and I have to say I am intrigued.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime   So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 8:58 pm

I'd thoroughly recommend My Hero Academia.  One Piece's glacial pacing has really diminished my interest in it , so I tried a few that I didn't get on with (Kill la Kill, Sword Art Online. Attack on Titan, Tokyo Ghoul), but with MHA, both anime and manga are excellent. It doesn't try to be dark and edgy for the sake of it, most of the characters are much more than one-dimensional shonen cliches and there are some moments (particularly in the anime) that can't help but make you grin like an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime   So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 11:51 pm

I have recently fallen in love with Academia as well. Current arc sucks though.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime   So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 7:07 pm

I wouldn't say it sucks. Overhaul has been a pretty despicable villain, Mirio was an excellent example of someone using their power in unexpected ways and how doing so can actually have side-effects you haven't thought of (being blind when phasing, for instance) and hopefully Izuku is going to do something suitably epic next chapter now he's taken the high-risk shortcut to 100%. Plus, Kirishima was badass and he's one of my favourite characters, even if he's an idiot.

Has it dragged a little in places? Yes, but that may also be that this is the first arc I've been waiting for weekly release on, rather than binging as I did with chapters 1-150!
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime   So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 12:57 am

Ok I think i'll check that out then if you guys think its worth a watch.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime   So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 6:47 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Tokyo Ghoul - The worst anime I have ever seen and outright lazy animation in the show.
Did you watch the dub with the censoring of blood by using negative color filter? That's a weird and useless choice. The first season is decent, second season ups the ante in stupid by making the protagonist join the organization that abducted him for.. reasons I guess.
The manga is longer and considerably better, the first series is at least good. The second manga series Tokyo Ghoul: Re has plenty of awkward and nonsensical stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime   So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime
Page 1 of 1