Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shadow of the Beast

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Shadow of the Beast Empty
PostSubject: Shadow of the Beast   Shadow of the Beast Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 7:54 pm

I guess this is a beat'em up. It looked cool, and the reviews made it sound a bit like Guacamelee, so I bought it. It's not quite as fast or fuild as Guacamelee, but it's fun. Every enemy is a one hit kill with a bunch of gory animations, so you can kind of mash your way through. But it's a score attack game at heart, so just mashing won't get you the most points. There's a block and a counter, you can perfectly time attacks for more points (although the timing seems randon), you can grab enemies and throw them at other enemies to stun them. Or gran them and stab them a bit to gain more Blood, although it leaves you vulnerable. Blood is your special meter, which lets you do special moves to regen health or get more points.

There's some incremental upgrades a bunch of history files to unlock, including a full emulation of the original game that this is based on, as well as a version of that game with infinite lives. Also the ability to play this game with the old game's music.

Here's a bit of the first stage:

Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Shadow of the Beast   Shadow of the Beast Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 7:01 pm

Nice one! I've seen the trailers they made it look easy. Though I'm tempted to get this, but I'm still on the fence....

Any upcoming second part to that Vid moose?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Shadow of the Beast   Shadow of the Beast Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 11:57 pm

I guess I could do one of the later levels as well. As for easy, it depends how you play. There are difficulty options, but if you just want to beat the game then yeah it seems very easy. If you want highscores it'll be harder. The biggest factor in top scores is not getting hit, which is actually a bitch. A lot of times two enemies attack you at once from the front and back, and there's no iframes in attacks or counters. If you perfectly counter an incoming attack you can still get attacked from behind during it. Blocking will save you front anything, but only in one direction, so you have to manage to enemies to avoid getting stuck between them.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Shadow of the Beast   Shadow of the Beast Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 3:30 pm

The protagonist looks like the AvP turned into AxP
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Shadow of the Beast   Shadow of the Beast Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 6:08 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I guess I could do one of the later levels as well. As for easy, it depends how you play. There are difficulty options, but if you just want to beat the game then yeah it seems very easy. If you want highscores it'll be harder. The biggest factor in top scores is not getting hit, which is actually a bitch. A lot of times two enemies attack you at once from the front and back, and there's no iframes in attacks or counters. If you perfectly counter an incoming attack you can still get attacked from behind during it. Blocking will save you front anything, but only in one direction, so you have to manage to enemies to avoid getting stuck between them.

Cool, When you get the time that would be great.
I see,that does sound annoying, I wonder if that rage mode would help in a situation like that? Or is that unlocked later?

Superbuu3 wrote:
The protagonist looks like the AvP turned into AxP
Really? Hmm I shall gaze upon its magnificent stacture and hope to come to a conclusion.

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Shadow of the Beast   Shadow of the Beast Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 8:28 pm

Well it's a short game. 7 levels and the last one of those is just a boss battle. A bit too short to utilise everything introduced, but it's okay. Cool 2D combat system with some light platforming and puzzles. I would recommend it.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Shadow of the Beast   Shadow of the Beast Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 5:33 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Well it's a short game. 7 levels and the last one of those is just a boss battle. A bit too short to utilise everything introduced, but it's okay. Cool 2D combat system with some light platforming and puzzles. I would recommend it.

Just 7?
Alright Cool, I'll get it when I clear out some of my backlog Smile. Lookin forward to it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Shadow of the Beast   Shadow of the Beast Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 1:59 am

You do get the original Amiga game too. Although I only lasted about 30 seconds in that because I couldn't figure out how to get off a ladder.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Shadow of the Beast   Shadow of the Beast Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 5:30 pm

Ah, Cool Good to know but i doubt many folk remember or may play the original still though its a good gesture.

Just started downloading it now, I'll play it right after Im finished with Anima.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadow of the Beast   Shadow of the Beast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadow of the Beast
Page 1 of 1