Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marvel's Jessica Jones

Go down 
+2
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaio
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Marvel's Jessica Jones Empty
PostSubject: Marvel's Jessica Jones   Marvel's Jessica Jones Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 9:43 pm

Binged all 13 episode in one sitting and it was amazing. Best thing Marvel has ever produced.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Jessica Jones   Marvel's Jessica Jones Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 11:31 pm

I'm up to episode 9 at the moment and it's starting to get very good. There hasn't been a cool ninja battle yet though, so Dare Devil is still better.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Jessica Jones   Marvel's Jessica Jones Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 12:48 pm

Yeah I've heard good things about this and Daredevil. Roughly how much of a priority should they be?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Jessica Jones   Marvel's Jessica Jones Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 4:03 pm

In terms of keeping up with Marvel or in general? They're both self contained, pretty much. Both much better than Agents of Shield. Daredevil is a fantastic action series.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Jessica Jones   Marvel's Jessica Jones Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 12:53 am

I just meant generally
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Jessica Jones   Marvel's Jessica Jones Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 7:45 pm

I'm four episodes in, and I don't think it's a patch on Daredevil.

David Tennant is a poor choice for a villain, the man has charisma but exudes zero menace and watching Jessica stomp around like a surly teenager is getting a little old.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Jessica Jones   Marvel's Jessica Jones Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 1:42 pm

Towards the end a few things started lagging, particularly the plot about Simpson and the pills. It looks like that's all set up for season 2, but I found it annoying because it was just getting in the way. Almost every secondary character was there to just get in the way when Jessica had a shot at Kilgrave. I still liked it though.

However even ignoring the incomparable action scenes the two series had, I think Daredevil was better. Just liked the characters a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Jessica Jones   Marvel's Jessica Jones Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 8:51 am

Moose do Jessica's baps have you distracted or is this seriouslly that good?

Its like I enjoyed the first couple of episodes of Supergirl. but the script writers too often remind me she's a girl and strangely end up showing the most sexist views. I really don't get when people try to be feminist and then just make people sound like they do have more short comings.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Jessica Jones   Marvel's Jessica Jones Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 3:46 pm

It's a good thriller series about mind control. Also watch Daredevil if you haven't yet.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Jessica Jones   Marvel's Jessica Jones Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 10:16 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Moose do Jessica's baps have you distracted or is this seriouslly that good?

Its like I enjoyed the first couple of episodes of Supergirl. but the script writers too often remind me she's a girl and strangely end up showing the most sexist views. I really don't get when people try to be feminist and then just make people sound like they do have more short comings.

It's much better than Supergirl on a character and storytelling level, but it also succeeds in being much more feminist without any character pointing it out like is constantly being done on Supergirl.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Jessica Jones   Marvel's Jessica Jones Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 7:16 pm

I guess I'll have to watch these then. Are the shows connected?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Jessica Jones   Marvel's Jessica Jones Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:29 pm

A character from Daredevil appears in Jessica Jones near the end. Nothing major though.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Jessica Jones   Marvel's Jessica Jones Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 3:29 am

I binged this while I've been sick - it's very good, better than I was expecting.

Kaio might be right about it being the best thing Marvel has done, but then I haven't seen Daredevil yet.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Jessica Jones   Marvel's Jessica Jones Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 3:35 pm

Daredevil is better than Jessica Jones, even if the two shows are actually quite different in terms of feel.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Jessica Jones   Marvel's Jessica Jones Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 4:45 pm

I started Jessica Jones on the first day it came out, I think it was 2 weeks ago that I finished the first episode and ahven't gone on to the second.

Part of it is, I've had a lot of other different things to see, but part of it is that I didn't really enjoy it as much as Daredevil (yet). I'm gonna continue it to the end though.

But yeah, based on that one episode, Daredevil got a way better start.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Jessica Jones   Marvel's Jessica Jones Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marvel's Jessica Jones
Page 1 of 1