Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Derek

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Derek Empty
PostSubject: Derek   Derek Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 9:03 pm

so I just discovered this on Netflix, it's a British series written and directed by Ricky Gervais and he also plays the main role in it.

I've only seen one episode of it, but I think it's absolutely brilliant. Not even 10 minutes in, I already thought: damn, this is really good.

It's about this guy Derek that works in a nursing home, I think he's kind of autistic himself, and most of the storylines is just about him and the people in the nursing home from what I gather (I have only seen the pilot for now, so..) But it's really well written, and Ricky is absolutely magnificent at his role. But honestly, most people would think this is a boring series, but it's really captivating, you instantly care for his character, I really have no words for it, it's been quite a while since something managed to get to me on the level that this series did with just one episode even.

It's funny, but at the same time it's also so sad and tragic, I absolutely love it and you should all really just watch it and see for yourselves.

Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Derek Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek   Derek Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 10:19 pm

I can't stand Ricky Gervais.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Derek Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek   Derek Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 10:30 pm

I can understand that, but that's a shame, I'm 4 episodes in now, and it's really a beautiful series. and yet, it's so simple.. it's never going to be something very popular, or big, it doesn't do anything special.

but yeah, I'm sure not everyone is going to feel the same as me, and no one needs to but I find it quite touching.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Derek Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek   Derek Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 10:07 am

Im with psycho on this, i came across the series by accident myself, although id heard about it and i watched both series in 2 days, it is truly one of the best programmes in recent years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Derek Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derek   Derek Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Derek
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: TV-
Jump to: