Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wii game recommendations

Go down 
+3
Superbuu3
Neo
Eevil-Psycho
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Wii game recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Wii game recommendations   Wii game recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 9:24 pm

Well, I just bought a Wii, second hand..someone was selling it with 2 games and a Wii-plus controller + nunchuck for 55€, which I think is a pretty damn good deal so i went for it.

I started a new hobby collecting old consoles and such anyways, so this was going to have to be in the collection at some point.

Anyways, as the topic says, if anyone here has a Wii, what games would you recommend I'd get for it?

Things that are already on my list:

- Madworld
- most, if not all, of the Resident Evil games for the system
- most of the Mario games (think I'll skip on galaxy)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns

that's what's currently on my list, I was thinking about Zelda, but I've never really had any interest in the games, and if I do get them, I might need to have played the previous ones on other systems?

Anyways, I'm open to all suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Wii game recommendations   Wii game recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 9:41 pm

Galaxy is one of the best games of the entire generation, you would be doing yourself a disservice by not playing it. If you're going to skip any Mario games you should skip NSMBW.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Wii game recommendations   Wii game recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 10:00 pm

Hmm, it looks kind of dull though, but maybe I'm judging it by its cover and it actually is really good. It looks the least appealing to me, but I guess I can give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Wii game recommendations   Wii game recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 10:18 pm

It's similar to other 3D Mario games in gameplay, so if you don't like that style it won't be for you, but it does everything extremely well.

Other games worth trying are Xenoblade, Metroid Prime Trilogy (I doubt you'll be able to find a copy of this for a good price but they might be available individually), Muramasa (if you have a vita play it on that), Okami, No More Heroes and Fire Emblem.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Wii game recommendations   Wii game recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 10:40 pm

The resident evil chronicles HD is available on PS3 and you've got a move its probably cheaper on that.

Anyone can play Zelda at anytime, just get which ones you can and play them, excluding the link bow practice BS. IIRC you can play gamecube games on it to right?

I second everything Neo said.

Look up a game called 'Lost in Shadow' see if you're intersted, i thought it looked cool never got to play it though. The Last Story had hype do some research though.

There's also Silent hill shattered memories, Kirby Games, I think fatal frame was on it, if you haven't played those. Also House of the Dead overkill but again on the PS3 and i think that version had more content.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Wii game recommendations   Wii game recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 11:50 pm

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Metroid Prime Trilogy
LoZ: Twilight Princess
LoZ: Skyward Sword

I didn't like Mario Galaxy. I thought it was extremely boring and I loved Sunshine and Mario 64.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Wii game recommendations   Wii game recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 12:08 am

Golden Boy wrote:
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Metroid Prime Trilogy
LoZ: Twilight Princess
LoZ: Skyward Sword

I didn't like Mario Galaxy. I thought it was extremely boring and I loved Sunshine and Mario 64.

Mario Galaxy boring.........................

Come sit right here and explain this insanity!
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Wii game recommendations   Wii game recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 12:19 am

I'm talking gameplay-wise. Probably the easiest game I've ever played and I got tired of spinning. I felt that the stages weren't as memorable as those from 64 and Sunshine too.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Wii game recommendations   Wii game recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 12:23 am

Golden Boy wrote:
I'm talking gameplay-wise. Probably the easiest game I've ever played and I got tired of spinning. I felt that the stages weren't as memorable as those from 64 and Sunshine too.

I actually agree, especially with 2.

I thought Galaxy has amazing stages. Fuck, all the 3D mario games had memorable places.

Come on Wii U, still waiting for my next grand 3D mario games that will blow my balls off. No more of that "New Super Mario" stuff.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Wii game recommendations   Wii game recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 12:35 am

Empirewild wrote:
Come on Wii U, still waiting for my next grand 3D mario games that will blow my balls off. No more of that "New Super Mario" stuff.
3D World is already out.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Wii game recommendations   Wii game recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 12:41 am

Galaxy was okay. I preferred Sunshine and 64.

I would second Twilight Princess, but I can't vouch for Skyward Sword since I haven't gotten my hands on that game. Radiant Dawn is great if you've played Path of Radiance for GameCube. Path of Radiance is better, but Radiant Dawn certainly doesn't do a bad job.

Super Paper Mario is a decent game. It does deviate from the traditional turn-based Paper Mario gameplay, but focuses on a hybrid of the classic gameplay with some of the RPG elements of the old Paper Mario's. I myself preferred the turn-based system, but I also found this one fun.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Wii game recommendations   Wii game recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 12:55 am

Neo wrote:
Empirewild wrote:
3D World is already out.

It wasn't that impressive and not really THE 3D mario game.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Wii game recommendations   Wii game recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 1:07 am

Do you have a Wii U? Have you played it? It's fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Wii game recommendations   Wii game recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 2:57 am

3D World is an awesome and fun game, I enjoy it very much.

Also don't play Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn if you can't play Path of Radiance, trust me.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Wii game recommendations   Wii game recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 4:37 am

Neo wrote:
Do you have a Wii U? Have you played it? It's fantastic.

I played it on my brother's Wii U

I wasn't impressed that much. No levels stick out to me.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Wii game recommendations   Wii game recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 4:38 am

Baal wrote:
3D World is an awesome and fun game, I enjoy it very much.

Also don't play Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn if you can't play Path of Radiance, trust me.

But Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance are facking expensive.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Wii game recommendations   Wii game recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 6:32 am

Then don't play them unless you have other methods.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Wii game recommendations   Wii game recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 6:41 am

Baal wrote:
Then don't play them unless you have other methods.

Emulation would be the other choice.

I managed to own those two games.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Wii game recommendations   Wii game recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 8:38 am

Alright, thanks for the answers, i'll look into all of those
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii game recommendations   Wii game recommendations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wii game recommendations
Page 1 of 1