Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moral Orel

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

Moral Orel Empty
PostSubject: Moral Orel   Moral Orel Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 11:33 am

Has anybody ever watched it? Because if you haven't you should.

It's a claymation series originally broadcast on Adult Swim that was created by Dino "Starburns" Stamatopolous. It's about a fundamentalist Christian boy called Orel and the conflict he experiences trying to stay true to the ideals of his religion while following the guidance of the authority figures in his life.

I don't want to spoil it, but what starts out as a pretty two dimensional satire of the hypocrisy of authority figures soon transforms into some of the most painfully dark and poignant television I have ever seen. The show takes a few episodes to find its footing but when it does finally figure out what its doing it hits you in a way you'd never expect from a claymation show.

The show is ostensibly a comedy but it's not really all that funny. It just gets blacker and blacker. It culminates in Season 3, where things get so dark that the show was acually cancelled for how far the creators pushed the limits of the medium.

You have no excuse not to watch it as each episode is only 10 minutes long and there are only 40 or so episodes divided into three seasons. You could watch it all in a day.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

Moral Orel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Orel   Moral Orel Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 7:27 pm

I thought it was just another comedy show.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

Moral Orel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Orel   Moral Orel Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 7:41 pm

The show kind of creep me the fuck out. It's actually pretty funny how it takes on religion as whole in a disturbing and hilarious way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moral Orel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moral Orel   Moral Orel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moral Orel
Page 1 of 1