Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Go down 
+5
Dr. Chocolate
Superbuu3
Kaio
Baal
A_Nonny_Moose
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 11:01 pm

Just got back from seeing this, and I'd like to say...

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I'm being serious, I think it's better than The Winter Soldier.

No, not even close.

It was better than the first, and some parts were excellent; almost every scene with Peter and Gwen together was very-well acted, even if we all knew exactly where it was ultimately heading, the 3D was genuinely the best I've seen in an action film, and the climactic fight with Electro was amazing. However, there was a lot that left me cold, or had me scratching my head and thinking how badly shoe-horned in some plot elements were. Peter discovering the "secret train" for instance. He's the first person to discover it in fifteen or so years? Really? At least that had some plot relevance though, unlike the scenario with the two planes caused by Electro's rampage at the end. It was utterly irrelevant, featuring no one of any note so no reason for us to care when they were in danger, or to feel relief when they were saved with seconds to spare.

It's midnight and I'm going to bed. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't a patch on Winter Soldier.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 5:42 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Apart from that though I really liked it, and I'm being serious, I think it's better than The Winter Soldier.

Re-evaluate your taste and the future of your life, because it's not looking good now.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 6:34 pm

Why do people keep saying that to me?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 12:32 am

Superhero movies are srs buzinez.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 4:53 am

This move was pretty great, I don't know if I wanna say better than Winter Soldier, but I enjoyed it more than the first which I also liked.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 5:32 am

Your favourite part was that handweb thing, right?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 5:36 am

It didn't occur to me at the time that it was meant to be a hand. The web always looks like that when it sticks to stuff. ASM1 ended with a slow motion web doing that didn't it?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 5:40 am

Oh, Nonny...
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 6:43 am

It was a hand, I don't know how you didn't see it because it was very obvious.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 2:03 am

Perhaps he was just so focused on that pointless Plane/May filler that he didn't see it. Once he saw that earlier scene, it was all he could ever think about.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 1:40 am

I went an seen this movie opener night. i like it. I thought the action scenes were amazing..i liked how they flwshed out both max and harrys characters and gave them motives for doing what they did.... gwens death was done really well. .. just i didnt like the cliffhanger at the end. gotta wait two years to see how ithat fight concluded( even though we all know spidegs gunna kick his ass)... but what can you do..
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 12:08 am

I wouldn't call the ending a cliffhanger.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 1:11 am

Yeah, it's not. It's called a bookend.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 7:39 pm

Well it perfectly fits the definition of cliffhanger.. so id say its one.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 12:17 am

No it's not. A cliffhanger leaves you in the middle of a climactic point in the story to pick it up in the next episode, movie, whatever. ASM3 is not gonna show you Spider-Man beating Rhino because the way the movie is framed there's no way in hell Rhino's going to win.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 2:24 pm

If it ends in a suspense manner.. its a cliffhanger. there doesnt need to be any resolution about said cliffhamger beong wrapped up in order for the cliffhanger to count.
http://i.word.com/idictionary/cliff-hanger
Im using the first definition of the word.

also you dont know that its not going to be wrapped up especially aince the next movie theyre making is the sinister six thats a pretty big assumption youre jumping to.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 3:29 pm

It really didn't end in suspense, though. The scene played out as more of a glorious return for Spidey. Even without seeing the actual battle, you were suppose to leave thinking everything would be okay and life's back to normal.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 9:33 am

I like this one more than the first one
They made him a lot stronger here than in the previous movie, in the first he had trouble holding one car, here he stops a bus, and jumps on a car and keep it on his shoulders for a while
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 10:09 pm

I watched Spider-Man 1 and 2 again recently and 1 is still the best. I really like that movie. Everyone looks way too old but other than that it's all good.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 10:29 pm

I'm not sure which I prefer. Spider-Man was - unexpectedly - brilliant, yet I remember leaving the cinema after Spider-Man 2 and feeling a bit disappointed with it. Watching them now, there's little to choose between them. Suffice to say if Amazing Spider-Man (or an associated spin-off) chooses to reboot Doc Ock, as seems likely, I don't think the final result will be a patch on Molina's Ock.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 4:03 am

It's difficult to choose between the two considering how weak and irritating SM2's romance sub-plot(as well as Mary Jane in general) actually was. Doc Ock, the big choice of giving up Spidey for a normal life, the effects, the humor, and the action are all better than what was presented in SM1 to me. However, the first one was the only installment of the Raimi trilogy where that Mary Jane business was actually compelling.

So, it's either a film that does everything decent, or a film that's mostly great but falls short in one area. HMMMMMMM......

I'MMA GO WITH SPIDEY 3.

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 10:16 pm

The thing I most liked about Spider-Man, after seeing Amazing Spider-Man, is the scenes of Peter discovering his powers. It's a lot of fun and thrills instead of ASM's approach of playing it all for laughs because we all know what happens anyway. No skateboarding montage either. That bit where he climbs a wall for the first time is great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2   The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2