Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remember Me

Go down 
+3
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 8:57 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Remember Me has got to be worth a look.  

Spent a little bit of time playing this over the weekend, and it seems pretty good.  The idea and execution of manipulating memories is genuinely interesting, and while the platforming sections do feel very Tomb Raider that isn't necessarily a bad things.  Combat isn't quite as precise as the Batman Arkham games, to which it bears a strong resemblance, but the ability to create your own combos should lend it some replayability.

My only slight concern is the length of it; I've been playing for a couple of hours, and my completion is around fifteen percent.  In my experience, in this genre the campaign usually comprises of around sixty-seventy percent of the total game, the rest being collectibles, so I do wonder if it'll be really short.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 9:25 pm

Its pretty easy to find collectibles from playing very little which is why you completion is probably very high compared to most of these types of game.

BTW did you get the impression this is jack of all trades master of none. Honestly the best thing I have to say about it is that it looks much better than any PS3 game i can think of.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 10:00 pm

I thought the combat felt quite different to the Arkham games. They were just about not getting hit. Your combo kept going as long as you could manage that.

In Remember Me you have set combos, and if you start hitting a different enemy the combo resets. Plus there's no counter attack. Later on when you get more enemy variety and more S-Pressens it becomes more strategic than Arkham combat (although it's still not quite as refined or as satisfying)
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
BTW did you get the impression this is jack of all trades master of none. Honestly the best thing I have to say about it is that it looks much better than any PS3 game i can think of.
It feels like it's lacking a bit of polish in most areas, and while it's a good looking game I certainly wouldn't say it's the best game I've seen
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 10:57 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
It feels like it's lacking a bit of polish in most areas, and while it's a good looking game I certainly wouldn't say it's the best game I've seen
Out of curiousity what on PS3/360 have you seen that tops it?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 11:24 pm

In stills it looks fantastic, and the style is very consistent and impressive (even though I'm not a fan of the Mass Effect style film-grain), but texturally the likes of The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls - to name just two very fresh-in-my-mind examples - are superior, and in terms of animation quality it could take a few lessons from the Tomb Raider reboot.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 11:43 pm

I find Naughty Dog's motion blur technique to be quite distracting and it makes their games look a lot worse than they should for me.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 4:56 pm

Beyond is a movie and to say it looks better seems pointless, If Ryse on Xbone isn't the best looking launch titles the company making it sucks for not being able to suck more power out of a game which is effectively a interactive movie. There's no physics or anything going on to bother with, lack of objects on the screen, there's a lot of reasons it can squeeze extra juice out of the system. I'm 50/50 with naughty dog, they do great looking things but the motion blur can be excessive at times. That said they do seem to make very nice looking games.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:53 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
If Ryse on Xbone isn't the best looking launch titles the company making it sucks for not being able to suck more power out of a game which is effectively a interactive movie.
From what we've seen of it so far, Ryse looks great but I daresay it'll be repetitive as hell and ultimately a bit dull.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:54 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Beyond is a movie and to say it looks better seems pointless.

why is that pointless? I mean, it's still running in a game engine on a game system, and the gameplay sections do really look great too, so why shouldn't you compare it? because the gameplay isn't as intricate as Uncharted?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 10:03 pm

What gameplay sections?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 10:13 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
why is that pointless? I mean, it's still running in a game engine on a game system, and the gameplay sections do really look great too, so why shouldn't you compare it? because the gameplay isn't as intricate as Uncharted?
Exactly. People need to understand that things don't run as smoothly because games are calculating a billion things at the same time. Die hard 2 on PS1 everything was destructible, Black PS2 was the same. Its easy to make have a hi res uninteractive game look good.

As someone who is a fan of FPS games I'd really like to see your reaction if all games had no bullet impact on environments, nonsmashable windows, explosions without particle effects and wonky physics on grenades just to make the characters faces look good. If you can willingly say you'd make that sacrifice for all games to have nice face animations then i might be able to say yeah two souls looks good. I think toy story 1 looks better and pretty much any CGI movie thats been made (hell i'd include any short made by pixar and pretty much any CGI scene from big games in the PS2 era).

You could also just shove button prompts into something like advent children and well yeah two souls would be looking really shit.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 11:31 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Exactly.  People need to understand that things don't run as smoothly because games are calculating a billion things at the same time.  Die hard 2 on PS1 everything was destructible, Black PS2 was the same. Its easy to make have a hi res uninteractive game look good.

You've got a point here.  You'll not that I referred specifically to the quality of the textures in the game, which were generally excellent, which is not to be taken as any kind of endorsement that I liked Beyond particularly.  So yeah, you've got a point.  However...

Quote :
then i might be able to say yeah two souls looks good.  I think toy story 1 looks better and pretty much any CGI movie thats been made (hell i'd include any short made by pixar and pretty much any CGI scene from big games in the PS2 era).

...this is surely hyperbole?  Toy Story has dated a fair bit - it certainly looks older tech than TS2 or 3 - and it's also a very cartoony world, so again a much easier aesthetic than Beyond's hyper-real look.   I don't think there'd be that many people who would agree that Toy Story looks "much better" than Beyond.

In any case, we're way off topic. Bottom line, Remember Me is a good looking game.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 1:14 am

It's worth noting that Beyond letterboxes away about a third of the screen, if they have to sacrifice that much real estate to make the game look somewhat decent it's probably not worth bothering. There are games from six years ago with higher quality textures that have actual gameplay and no letterboxing or other cut corners anyway.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 2:03 am

SimianWonder wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Exactly.  People need to understand that things don't run as smoothly because games are calculating a billion things at the same time.  Die hard 2 on PS1 everything was destructible, Black PS2 was the same. Its easy to make have a hi res uninteractive game look good.

You've got a point here.  You'll not that I referred specifically to the quality of the textures in the game, which were generally excellent, which is not to be taken as any kind of endorsement that I liked Beyond particularly.  So yeah, you've got a point.  However...

Quote :
then i might be able to say yeah two souls looks good.  I think toy story 1 looks better and pretty much any CGI movie thats been made (hell i'd include any short made by pixar and pretty much any CGI scene from big games in the PS2 era).

...this is surely hyperbole?  Toy Story has dated a fair bit - it certainly looks older tech than TS2 or 3 - and it's also a very cartoony world, so again a much easier aesthetic than Beyond's hyper-real look.   I don't think there'd be that many people who would agree that Toy Story looks "much better" than Beyond.

In any case, we're way off topic.  Bottom line, Remember Me is a good looking game.
Really?

I'm certain I could find people who think this looks better than Two Souls, I'm certainly in that camp and I think Toy story 1 blu ray quality (i really hope you're not comparing this to DVD or TV) is better than that, also i'm sure when KH 2.5HD comes out if they clean up the image it will in fact look better than that.  I know if i saw a game with graphics this good consistently, I'd think it was better than what ps3 was capable of hell i'd argue thats why KH3 skipped a generation:

Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:51 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Eevil-Psycho wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

As someone who is a fan of FPS games I'd really like to see your reaction if all games had no bullet impact on environments, nonsmashable windows, explosions without particle effects and wonky physics on grenades just to make the characters faces look good.  If you can willingly say you'd make that sacrifice for all games to have nice face animations then i might be able to say yeah two souls looks good.  I think toy story 1 looks better and pretty much any CGI movie thats been made (hell i'd include any short made by pixar and pretty much any CGI scene from big games in the PS2 era).

You could also just shove button prompts into something like advent children and well yeah two souls would be looking really shit.

I understand your point, and you're right. But you're going from the notion that Beyond is just cinematics with some button prompts, which it isn't. or at least not always. But whatever, as I said, I guess you're right.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 2:34 pm

Toy Story 1 has dated technically, in that there's a whole bunch of new technology that allows stuff to look better with less effort, but it would still be impossible to render it in real time on a high end PC, let alone a console. Games cheat a lot to look as good as they do.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 5:26 pm

Mike Tyson is a boss in Remember Me I thought that was pretty random, also that power up that is effectively batman mode is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 6:33 pm

That was a smart move I think. Everyone's initial reaction to the combat is that it's like Batman, but then you get that power up that's exactly like Batman, and you realise how different the regular combat is.

Mike Tyson was in the game?
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 6:38 pm

kid X-mas i think, i thought he looked like iron mike also
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 3:46 pm

I can't believe the stupid plot i suspected of this game was the actual plot of this game. I definitely think this has sequel potential if they make remixes a bigger part of the game.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 10:28 pm

so we've managed to turn the plus thread into a remember me thread... we are awesome cheers 
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 11:26 pm

Yeah, might need one of our mod-types to relocate the last couple of pages.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 6:13 pm

Any game you need to go through the whole chapter to find one scaramech sucks, fortunately I'm mainly having that problem on missions with remixes so i don't mind as those are fun to play around and i don't think i got to do everything in a couple of them.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:09 pm

You're actually searching for all of those?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Remember Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember Me   Remember Me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remember Me
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next