Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Wolf Among Us

Go down 
+4
Neo
Skip
Kaio
SimianWonder
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

The Wolf Among Us Empty
PostSubject: The Wolf Among Us   The Wolf Among Us Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:58 am

Anyone else tried this? It's from the same people that did The Walking Dead recently (the good game, not the shitty shooting one), and is based on a series of graphic novels about fairytale characters who have relocated to New York.

Much like TWD, it's episodic content, but the first episode was only £3.30 on 360 so I thought I'd give it a whirl. It's an oddity, gameplay wise, mixing point and click investigative scenes with QTE combat (some of which is absolutely brutal) and a lot of cut scenes. Thankfully, the story, which I won't ruin, and characters are all pretty strong, and I'm tempted to stick around for the duration.

Plus, you play as the Big Bad Wolf. Wolves fucking rock.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

The Wolf Among Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Among Us   The Wolf Among Us Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 11:21 am

I love Fables, so I might check this out.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

The Wolf Among Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Among Us   The Wolf Among Us Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 11:44 am

I bought it a few days ago, but I've not yet gotten around to it. It looks really good though.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

The Wolf Among Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Among Us   The Wolf Among Us Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 12:11 pm

It was good. Quite short, a fraction over two hours on my first play through, but there'll be a decent chunk of replay value dependant on some fairly major choices you have to make, even this early in the saga, but I'd rather have two hours of real quality than four hours of mediocrity.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

The Wolf Among Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Among Us   The Wolf Among Us Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 12:45 pm

I played the first episode about a week ago, I enjoyed it but saying that the QTEs are even remotely challenging is a bit of a stretch.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

The Wolf Among Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Among Us   The Wolf Among Us Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 1:20 pm

They're quite forgiving, yes, but I guess they'll get harder later on.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

The Wolf Among Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Among Us   The Wolf Among Us Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 5:17 pm

Man, I'm not okay with how episode one ended. I really enjoyed the story and the setting though, might have to get into Fables.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

The Wolf Among Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Among Us   The Wolf Among Us Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 7:31 pm

Yeah, I didn't see that coming either. Still no sign of Episode two though...
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

The Wolf Among Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Among Us   The Wolf Among Us Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 6:31 am

Spoiler:

Surely episode 2 can't be too far away now though? I hope they aren't going to prioritize TWD because I'm much more interested in this.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

The Wolf Among Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Among Us   The Wolf Among Us Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 6:37 am

It's worth noting that in Fables each character is essentially immortal for as long as muggles believe in them/know of their particular story, though I don't know if the murder method counteracts that.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

The Wolf Among Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Among Us   The Wolf Among Us Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 7:47 am

I really just want more TWAU rather than TWD Season 2, I'm so much more interested in the magical murder mystery.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

The Wolf Among Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Among Us   The Wolf Among Us Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Well 90.3% of people are clearly assholes. I made a decision in episode 2 that only 9.7% of people made. Also, I actually saw the 'omg big twist' coming a mile away. Though I think that mostly came from me having read some of Fables.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

The Wolf Among Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Among Us   The Wolf Among Us Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 1:28 pm

Having sold my 360, I'm wondering why this isn't on Vita. It'd be perfect.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

The Wolf Among Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Among Us   The Wolf Among Us Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 6:35 am

This games pretty cool. Do choices carry over between episodes?

Spoiler beat episode 1:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

The Wolf Among Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Among Us   The Wolf Among Us Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 10:42 am

yes they carry through the game, if you want plat you have to do multi saving or a couple of runs so you can theoretically see every outcome
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

The Wolf Among Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Among Us   The Wolf Among Us Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 12:08 pm

Have to say absolutely loved this game. Are the Walking Dead games as good?

I'm pretty sure most choices are inconsequential but the ending was nice. I'll likely grab the vita version if its ever cheap as i feel like playing through this a few more times, but can't be assed right now as its a bit too fresh in my mind.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
????
Butter Bomb

The Wolf Among Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Among Us   The Wolf Among Us Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 2:34 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Have to say absolutely loved this game. Are the Walking Dead games as good?

I'm pretty sure most choices are inconsequential but the ending was nice.  I'll likely grab the vita version if its ever cheap as i feel like playing through this a few more times, but can't be assed right now as its a bit too fresh in my mind.

Walking Dead games are amazing. This is coming from a guy who hasn't even watched Walking Dead show or read the comics.

Get both seasons if you can.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

The Wolf Among Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Among Us   The Wolf Among Us Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 1:22 pm

I played both TWAU and TWD Season 1 on Vita, and Walking Dead in particular suffers in comparison to its console brethren; frequent pauses in any scene involving a transition from cut scene to in-game action, dreadful loading times, and frame rates that occasionally dip into single figures which renders your own inputs null and void.

TWAU has the same traits, though thankfully they're much less pronounced.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Wolf Among Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wolf Among Us   The Wolf Among Us Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wolf Among Us
Page 1 of 1