Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Defiance

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Syntek
Deck Hand
Syntek

Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Defiance   Defiance Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 8:46 pm

Is anyone here playing this? It is actually quite fun (Way more fun than I was epecting it to be). If anyone is, I generally on get Playstation time on Saturdays and Sundays. Look me up if you ever want to group up.

PSN: SYNTEK-666
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defiance   Defiance Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:42 pm

isn't this a mmo?
Back to top Go down
Syntek
Deck Hand
Syntek

Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defiance   Defiance Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:47 pm

Yup.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defiance   Defiance Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 11:25 pm

that's really the only thing putting me off. i was interested at first since you can create your own character and i wanted another shooting game but opted to get borderlands 2 instead for 20 dollars.

are there private servers where you don't have to play with 50 other people?
Back to top Go down
Syntek
Deck Hand
Syntek

Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defiance   Defiance Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 3:42 pm

It's kind of cool, You can group up with people and jump into Co-op maps, or competative more or less like any other shooter. Or you can run around the open world with friends or by yourself, or with random people. I skiped some side missions early on in the lower lvl area of the main map, and was able to do those by myself.

There are a ton of random events that happen too in the open world, some way more epic than others. For example if you are driving along you can suddenly run into a road block where you have to rescue hostages. You can stop and do the event, or you can just keep driving, (No penelties).

There have been other mission types that I've done to where I started alone, but then one or two other people came into that area. At first I thought that was a bad thing and I would loose all my points and what not but they don't take anything from you.

It's hard to describe but random players really don't seem to get in the way at all, it's really easy to just act as if thay arn't even there.

I do have to point out like pretty much every mmo there have been some start-up issues, but nothing that has really pissed me off yet to the point of regreting buying this.

Oh and the game does look sort of dated (You get used to it), but that's really been a bit of a blessing as I have experianced very little lag, even when there are 80+ players in the same area.

Gameplay itself reminds me of Star Wars Battlefront.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defiance   Defiance Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 6:27 pm

what about character customization? this does sound a bit more interesting, but i doubt i'll get this until a price drop
Back to top Go down
Syntek
Deck Hand
Syntek

Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defiance   Defiance Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 7:34 pm

Well, to start when you first create a character you can choose male or female. Human or Voltan I think it’s only one of the non-human races (Irathient), then you pick your origin (or occupation can’t remember). But the game doesn’t really have classes so all of this is more or less cosmetic. So those options really only change your look. The origin/occupation however determines the weapons you start with but not your skills.

Then you go through the archetype menu to change the facial structure of your character, which then goes through various other options, (Hair color, tattoos, scars, boilerplate stuff.). After that you choose your name.

And then you have been rendered and a cut scene begins.

After that, the tutorial begins and walks you through some very basic stuff. You can extend this to increase your starting powers but I didn’t. At a certain point the tutorial allows you to then tryout and choose between EGO powers Blur(move fast), Cloak(Invisability), Decoy(Tricks the bad guys), and Overcharge(Increase damage output).

EGO powers require a cool down time between usages. EGO itself is sort of the leveling system increased with experience. As you gain EGO it will give you EGO points that you can use to unlock and upgrade perks or other EGO powers within the EGO grid.(You can respec too if you screw up)

As you play the game you'll find, earn, or buy other weapons, weapon mods, and outfits/other aesthetic do-dads.

I like the character creation system, and I like the perk system. One thing to keep in mind, I don’t know if I missed this during the tutorial or if it wasn’t in there at all…

…When you unlock a perk you must equip it to your load out or it won’t do anything. Same thing goes for adding a mod to a weapon, such as an extended mag. If you equip the mod and back out of the mod screen without pressing the start action button it won’t work.

Although the system is not as extensive as some games, it isn’t daunting either. It certainly gives you more choices than Borderlands 2.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defiance   Defiance Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:47 pm

thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Defiance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defiance   Defiance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Defiance