Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did anyone here play Max Payne 3?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Did anyone here play Max Payne 3? Empty
PostSubject: Did anyone here play Max Payne 3?   Did anyone here play Max Payne 3? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 9:08 am

Was it any good?
Back to top Go down
Syntek
Deck Hand
Syntek

Did anyone here play Max Payne 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did anyone here play Max Payne 3?   Did anyone here play Max Payne 3? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 4:30 pm

This game has the Typical Rockstar garbage half assed shooting mechanics. And the controls are not as intuitive as some of their other pieces of work. Red Dead Redemption was the hands down best game they put out that worked well in terms of shooting and overall control San Andreas is probably second place.

All and all though, I kind of enjoyed this game, the story was so-so, (but it may have been better for folks that had followed this game since the beginning, this was my first one of the series. So I can’t be too critical.). But the story was still good enough for me to want to keep playing to the end.

I didn’t even really like Max all that much until the halfway point tbh.

The bullet time was cool and all but got old for me pretty quick. It’s been a while since I played this too so I’m not going to attempt a full review here because, as much of it that I thought was good there were equal amounts that are completely forgettable.

It’s a pretty game; the environments are very detailed, particularly after the first local, which I found rather bland. But after that, some chapters are very beautifully rendered.

I didn’t play any of the online modes so I can’t say anything about that, although one cool aspect of the online play that in retrospect should have got me to try it is you can create a gang or clan or whatever, and transfer them over to GTA5 when it comes out. That is a very cool idea imo.

Now there is one thing I must point out as I often do. I’m an older gamer, and sometimes have trouble making the shots I need to because I no longer possess the twitch reflexes or the eyes I once had, so at times I found this game to be frustratingly difficult at times. You younger guys and gals may find this easier on the harder difficulties than I did.

I did have fun with this game but if I could have bought it used, (Which I don’t support anyway.) I would have, I’d call this a $30.00 game tops. If you can rent or borrow it first I highly recommend doing so, as I don’t feel that this game is everyone’s cup of tea.

Some of this may sounded too negative; it is a good game. Not great, good. I’d give it a…

…7/10 if you paid full price
8.5/10 if you get it on the cheap.
Back to top Go down

Did anyone here play Max Payne 3?
Page 1 of 1