Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Cabin in the Woods

Go down 
+4
Kaio
Skip
A_Nonny_Moose
Neo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

The Cabin in the Woods Empty
PostSubject: The Cabin in the Woods   The Cabin in the Woods Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:06 pm

Has anyone seen this? It's a horror/comedy co-written by Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard, who has written for Buffy, Angel, Alias, Lost and cloverfield in the past. I've been told it's actually quite clever and is a gigantic piss-take of the current breed of shitty horror films while still being a decent horror in its own right with good characters and an actual story. Supposedly has loads of references to other monster films and the like too. I'm downloading it now, just wondering if anyone else knew anything more about it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Cabin in the Woods   The Cabin in the Woods Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:17 pm

It's one of those films where if you don't like it, the people who do like it tell you that you "just don't get it".
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The Cabin in the Woods   The Cabin in the Woods Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:32 pm

My sister saw it and was telling me to watch it a while ago, I didn't though because I don't normally trust her taste in movies.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Cabin in the Woods   The Cabin in the Woods Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:43 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
It's one of those films where if you don't like it, the people who do like it tell you that you "just don't get it".

You don't get anything.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: The Cabin in the Woods   The Cabin in the Woods Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 4:07 pm

I've seen it, and it's pretty good. the story behind it is actually quite original.. it's not so much of a comedy though, I can only remember one scene where I actually laughed.

but it's quite good, it's not really scary or anything, and half the time you are wondering what the hell this is all about, but then you finally get to a point where you can put the pieces together, and that's when you realise how great the story/concept behind it is.

I recommend it, not so much for the horror, but because it's an original and great idea and quite clever as you say.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Cabin in the Woods   The Cabin in the Woods Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 1:43 am

Okay so I watched this and it's probably one of the better recent horror films I've seen. Basic synopsis is:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The Cabin in the Woods   The Cabin in the Woods Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 9:27 am

I like the unicorn scene
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Cabin in the Woods   The Cabin in the Woods Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 10:02 pm

I really liked it. The Merman was the best bit.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: The Cabin in the Woods   The Cabin in the Woods Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 10:02 am

I only just got around to watching this and loved it a lot.  Reminds me of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz in that it plays with the tropes of the genre and pokes fun but does so in an affectionate way, and that there's actually semblance of a story beneath the satire.

I was lucky enough to catch "Unicorn" written on the board during the betting pool and thought that was the entirety of joke, so when the unicorn actually showed up during the carnage I got the hardest belly laugh I've had in a long time.

And yes, the Merman showing up is classic Whedon.

I don't even smoke anymore but I still want the bong/traveler's mug.

CABIN IN THE WOODS
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The Cabin in the Woods   The Cabin in the Woods Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 11:16 pm

Only just saw this, so a little late to the party. Any film with a werewolf is a winner in my book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cabin in the Woods   The Cabin in the Woods Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Cabin in the Woods
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Movies-
Jump to: