Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual

Go down 
+11
A_Nonny_Moose
Old School
Talking Sock
Golden Boy
Skip
brandon
Casa
Eevil-Psycho
Kaio
Superbuu3
Neo
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Syntek
Deck Hand
Syntek

Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual   Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 5:10 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
@Syntek: You're stating that you don't watch a show because its a 'chick show' and then you are talking about being entitled to your own opinion. Doesn't really sound like you can form your own, if you're scared of the backlash of others around you for you know, watching a show a woman might watch.

I don't think that's very fair to say. I think a few of you that have known me for long enough now know that I can certainly form my own opinions. Clearly I'm sticking to my guns as the minority here liking a TBBT. And if I was worried about backlash I wouldn't state the following.

My GF wanted to watch a new reality show called "Love in the Wild" she asked if I'd watch it with her. I agreed, and I ended up finding it entertaining damn it.

I’d like to add though. That I feel there's nothing wrong with accepting the opinions of friends for what they are, is it wrong to trust the opinions of your friends? Sure friends are not always right, and in this case may have been wrong. But I don't see anything wrong with demonstrating a little trust in the people you like and respect.

As for Buffy and Angel

My not watching was not due to the romantic element in the show. I didn't watch them when they first came out. One reason was from what I've been told about those shows by friends of mine that checked them out. They told me that they thought they play out much like teenage soap operas not unlike 90210 but with vampires and bad effects, and that most of the themes are tailored more for a teenage female demographic. Therefore I never sought the shows out, as I had no interest in the concept.

I asked my friends because I was quite a busy guy at the time the shows were on. So of course I would go to my friends to see if they felt I should make time for the shows.

I’ve done the same thing with some of you guys when I was on the fence about certain games.

I'm sure if I stumbled upon the shows I would have been able to form my own opinion. Who knows I might have enjoyed them. But I never even caught them in passing. I'm sure they are great in their own right. But I trusted the opinion of my friend. Who in turn has accepted opinions I've given to him on other topics.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual   Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 5:21 pm

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with TBBT, i think its alright and i'll watch it though i never actively watch it. However it is quite obvious that it isn't a comedy great whichever way you look at it. If you enjoy it fair enough, but the absence of laugh tracks says it all.

Maybe i did sound harsh about my comment regarding your lack of ability to watch a 'girls' show, but you can't really make a point of people not allowing you to have your own opinion if you throw statements around like that. Buffy and Angel are very teenager-ish, but i don' think its gender specific in any way especially if you include both.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Syntek
Deck Hand
Syntek

PostSubject: Re: Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual   Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 5:31 pm

I respect your rebuttal.

So what's the concensus on Dexter? Smile
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual   Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 8:21 pm

I will now view Arrested Development as the pinnacle of television comedy, just above Community. After watching through a season of each with a friend, she was shocked when I told herthat there were no laugh tracks in either. Because we had both laughed at pretty much the same things, when it was actually funny. That's a sign of good comedy.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual   Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 8:58 pm

Syntek wrote:
I respect your rebuttal.

So what's the concensus on Dexter? Smile

Season 1/4: Great
Season 2: Good
Season 3/5/6: OMG TURN IT OFF
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual   Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:44 pm

Any love for Mythbusters around here?
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual   Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:04 pm

Sex and the City was a great comedy. Everyone should watch it.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual   Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:13 am

Black Dynamite.

Put it on there.

Like, right now.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual   Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:33 am

Zero wrote:
If netflix had the UK version I'd watch it all the time. But the voice over guy on the netflix version is all American and stuff and it just sounds wrong.

I'm used to Robin Banks narrating, like so;

But netflix there's this boring tosser;

Last edited by A_Nonny_Moose on Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual   Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:36 am

Also, I tried to watch Sons of Anarchy a few times, but I can't hear Katey Sagal talk without thinking of Leela, and that kind of ruins the drama.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual   Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:11 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Zero wrote:
If netflix had the UK version I'd watch it all the time. But the voice over guy on the netflix version is all American and stuff and it just sounds wrong.

I'm used to Robin Banks narrating, like so;

But netflix there's this boring tosser;

We got Robin Banks, too. I can't imagine anyone else narrating.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual   Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:10 pm

Okay so 2 shows I've just watched that are good are The Thick of It and Fresh Meat.

The Thick of It is a satirical comedy of British government, it's great because it has a character who has the most amazing lines, but also just the interactions between the other characters are good on their own.

Fresh Meat is like a drama/comedy thing about uni students. I sort of want to call it the first series of Skins meets The Inbetweeners but that's not entirely accurate. I thought it was alright at first but liked it more and more with each episode. It's got Simon from The Inbetweeners and Jack Whitehall in the main cast and Robert Webb as a supporting character.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual   Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:49 pm

I usually really like Armando Iannucci's work, but I couldn't get into The Thick Of It. The Armando Iannucci Show is kind of amazing in an odd way. Definitely the most unique sketch show I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual   Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official RD List of Shows You Need to Watch That Will Help You Not be a Boring Individual
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3