Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Last Of Us

Go down 
+10
Talking Sock
Baal
Dr. Chocolate
Old School
Skip
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Neo
Eevil-Psycho
Ellis
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Skip
Australianus
Skip

The Last Of Us - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 7:20 pm

This hotel basement is the worst. I don't like bloaters.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 8:51 pm

there was a bloater in the basement? lucky I didn't meet him.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 8:56 pm

How did you not?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 9:03 pm

yeah!! finished this game today, have to say i was extremely impressed with it. I dont ever remember a game i got this involved in, even to the point of caring what happened to them. NG+ for me next and starting MP with sora (and psycho if you wanna)
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 9:04 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:

did u play it on easy? i did it on normal & he was there for me (the first one you meet)
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 9:13 pm

testtubebaby wrote:
Eevil-Psycho wrote:

did u play it on easy? i did it on normal & he was there for me (the first one you meet)
What about the one in the gym?
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 9:16 pm

was the gym before that one? it was a lot easier regardless, mainly due to it being in an open space
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:16 am

Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:47 am

Skip wrote:
testtubebaby wrote:
Eevil-Psycho wrote:

the first one I saw was at the gym, no bloater attack in the basement.

but yeah, I did play on easy.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:12 am

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
Skip wrote:
testtubebaby wrote:
Eevil-Psycho wrote:

the first one I saw was at the gym, no bloater attack in the basement.

but yeah, I did play on easy.

Aside from the ones you take out earlier, were there any more runners popping up after you activated the generator, though? I played on hard and the bloater was coming right through that nearby door and there were runners following as well. Plus a few appearing on the above floor too.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:03 am

yeah, i definitely got attacked by infected, I just didn't see a bloater. maybe it was there and I just didn't see it, cause to be honest, I was expecting infected to come due to the noise it was going to make..so I turned it on, and just sprinted towards the door to avoid combat.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:10 pm

ye thats where the bloater was, he was up 1 floor when u turned the gen on and then he came with the infected just not as fast
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 4:50 pm

anyone other than me attempting this on survivor difficulty? it too damn hard with no R2 help
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 7:00 am

I caved and bought it.

Just finished my first playthrough on Hard and I really enjoyed it. Probably a 9/10 for me.

I liked the ending, because it wasn't any of the stereotypical endings I was imagining when I started. Gameplay was solid, you can see how much Uncharted there is in the engine which is both a good thing and a bad thing. Good because it really lends itself to the action and fluid motion but bad because exploration and sometimes progress is difficult ("try and guess which part of the level you're supposed to rub yourself on to progress!" types stuff).

I liked the length, kept me engaged pretty much the whole way. I never found myself wishing it was over, and at times was dreading a sudden "and then they all died" ending during a lot of scenes.

Characters and writing were good. No complaints there. I guess (with the exception of the ending scenario) some stuff was predictable. Like

Spoiler:

or

Spoiler:

but other than that they took a zombie story in a pretty interesting direction.

The only real issues (other than unintuitive level design sometimes which is a Naughty Dog staple) was that sometimes it suffered the Uncharted issue of extending the length of the game by throwing waves of guys at you. It wasn't nearly as bad as it was in Uncharted 3 for example, but it was there and it's hard to still feel helpless when you're mowing down hundreds of guys. Another issue that is tough to call a "problem" is that despite the emphasis on survival rather than shooting, I still never struggled for bullets (which ties into the previous issue). By the end of the game I was carting around an entire armory of weapons and ammo that I barely ever had to use because stealth killing is so much more efficient. I mean, it's definitely preferable to the alternative where stealth kills weren't available and you had to have a shoot out in every encounter (awful, see Uncharted 3). I'm sure there's some way to fix it and if they ever do another game like it I hope they implement it.

Also, and do note I do not suffer any kind of face blindness, but I think Ellie and Ellen Page only have a passing resemblance to one another. If they really did steal her face then I have to say it's not nearly as blatant as I was expecting from the way people talk about it.

Also I just realized Ellie is voiced by Gretchen from Recess. Only now that I think about it do I hear the connection.

Also (yeah, another one), the few death scenes I did see were absolutely horrifying. God damn Bloaters.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 9:43 am

the ending is deliberately like that casa.. they announced 3 single player pieces of DLC which i assume will carry on where the game left off

EDIT: also,try it on survivor if you want a real challenge.. hardly any supplies, no R2 help and stealth is next to useless, unless you only slightly tilt the stick they always hear you coming
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 10:46 am

Deliberately like what?
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 1:15 pm

like how it ended, apparently the DLC is going to carry on from where the game finishes but i'd assume there will be 1 or 2 bits will be filling in the gaps of time on the game
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 9:49 am

Glad I didn't suffer this issue throughout most of my time in multiplayer. I'm at Week 11 now, and it's a good damn thing I have a lot of survivors considering how broken the matchmaking really is.

I was just put into the middle of a match where it was in its final round, and my team lost since we only had 3 players(the other two died right away because those idiots ran in and separated instead of staying close), and I was using a medic build on top of that, so fat chance that would've lasted long. In short, I was basically put in a game for a few seconds, only to have lost like 30 people in my clan. What a embarrassing broken system.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 11:39 am

I've found that Naughty Dog's multiplayer in general always suffers some debilitating flaw. Never liked the Uncharted games' multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 12:32 pm

I don't really care for the survival game aspect of the Multiplayer in this.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 2:07 pm

Casa wrote:
I've found that Naughty Dog's multiplayer in general always suffers some debilitating flaw. Never liked the Uncharted games' multiplayer.
Uncharted 2 multiplayer was great.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 2:12 pm

At least all those missions can be beaten easily since there are abusable challenges. Throughout the majority of my run on the Hunter side, I mostly did the execution ones, then when things got a bit more severe like with the 100% population death risks, I just did the gifting and healing ones, which are ridiculously easy to pull off. In fact, with my current loadouts, getting good numbers is much, much easier in general. It helps that I'm a decent medic too(as TTB witnessed earlier in all my glory). Sad we can't be allies no more now that I am part of the Fireflies.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 2:54 pm

SOK wrote:
. Sad we can't be allies no more now that I am part of the Fireflies.

Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 2:59 pm

Hurry up and beat your damn journey so you can jump ship, you filthy hunter.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 3:20 am

What a dick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last Of Us   The Last Of Us - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Last Of Us
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: Action Adventure-
Jump to: