Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lilyhammer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Lilyhammer Empty
PostSubject: Lilyhammer   Lilyhammer Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 9:42 pm

Lilyhammer Lilyha10

Also known as the best TV show set in Norway in the history of television.

Steven Van Zandt is a gangster in New York who gets in trouble with the new family head, and in a shootout, his terrier Lily gets shot. He goes to the FBI to snitch, and asks to be sent to Lillehammer, which he grew to love when watching the '94 Olympics. On the train, he roughs up a youth who's playing obnoxiously loud music, and befriends a single mom who sits opposite him.
When he gets there, he wants to open a bar, and tries to bribe the social security guy, who then threatens to call the police. Later in the episode,
Spoiler:

Watching this is really weird for me, because not only is Lillehammer a city I know like the back of my hand (it's on the way to my grandparents'), but it's also funny to see Silvio from The Sopranos going around, doing his mafia schtick, while the Norwegians are continuing as usual. It's pretty damned funny, though especially some of the lines they give the Norwegians. Most of those won't be as funny to Americans (this is on Netflix), such as the taxi driver saying in broken English "you look a little arabish in the face", or the social security guy being condescending to everyone, whilst keeping up the appearance of being cheerful. What does stick out for me a little, though, is the fact that the Norwegians barely speak any English at all, while Van Zandt only says "takk", "vær så god", etc in Norwegian. I think he had less than five lines not in English.

Overall, pretty good. You should watch it, because it's in one of the greatest places in the world, and because it's if nothing else interesting from what they call "a perspective of cultural differences".
Back to top Go down

Lilyhammer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: TV-
Jump to: