Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Empty
PostSubject: House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D    House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 3:37 pm

I got this, Time Crisis Razing Storm (which is actually a collection of Razing Storm, TC4, and Deadstorm Pirates), and the Move handgun attachment thingy for £35.

Fun game. It works with stereoscopic 3D as well as the old red'n'blue anaglyphic 3D. Didn't try it though. Seems quite tough to do really well the first time you play the levels, but there's a bunch of different guns and upgrades to buy. The Move works fine. I'd heard people say there was drift and that you had to pivot from the wrist rather than the elbow or it wouldn't work properly, but I guess they just calibrated wrong. Calibration did take a couple tries before I was satisfied, but after that it was just like using a light gun.

If the recently announced HD ports of HotD 3 and 4 are as good I might have to buy them.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D    House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 5:20 pm

you should get The Shoot too, should be pretty cheap by now. I bought it with that handgun as well. pretty fun "lightgun" game. the later levels are quite challenging if you wanna get a high score on them.

tried Time Crisis too, but wasn't too fond of it. I might give this one a shot some time..
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D    House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 5:32 pm

I did try the demo for The Shoot but the premise annoyed me. Shooting cardboard cutouts wasn't very satisfying.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D    House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:26 pm

A nice overview of the game.

Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D    House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 12:25 am

fuck, if the calibration is good i'll check this out. this have co-op?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D    House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 12:29 am

There's 2P, yeah. I'd keep the cursor on even with good calibration, because there's no way to completely get away from the fact that the Move is shit at pointing.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D    House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 12:42 am

ugh it sounds the same as the wii mote now
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D    House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 12:51 am

The Move is worse at pointing than the Wiimote.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D    House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 12:57 am

well it's a good thing i don't have to buy the move then
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D    House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 1:08 am

If you won't settle for anything less than a perfect arcade experience then yeah, I wouldn't bother getting it.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D    House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 1:13 am

i'll more than likely borrow it from my friend. how are the bosses? i liked them a lot in 2
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D    House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 1:31 am

They're okay. As the game goes they all devolved into "shoot the weakpoint while they spend 5 seconds preparing an attack". The level 2 boss was the best one. Haven't done the final level yet though.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D    House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 5:15 am

what about fire rate? is it as fast as you can pull the trigger or is it limited? i hate rail shooters that limit your fireing speed
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D    House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 2:36 pm

Rate of fire is one of the things you can buy upgrades for, so I guess it's limited in some way. Hadn't noticed myself.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D    House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 2:54 pm

This game is one of the reasons I need to get the Move. Back when I played this on the Wii, I loved it and to know that it's got more content on the PS3 just makes me happy.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D    House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 5:42 pm

Once you finish the game you unlock the Director's Cut mode. The levels are meant to be harder and longer. They're definitely longer but my gun is fully upgraded now so they're not harder. It's easier if anything. Standard mutants, even fat ones, go down in two shots. The automatic shotgun kills the standard mutants in one hit if they're close enough.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D    House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 11:13 pm

Once you beat Director's Cut you unlock Classic Mode, which limits you to the standard handgun with preset stats. Basically an arcade mode.

As far as I can tell, all the extra stuff in the PS3 version is literally extra stuff. The levels are littered with pick ups that unlock concept art, 3D models, the soundtrack, and a comic that serves as a pequel to the game. The Wii version apparently had gold brains or something which gave you more points, but this version doesn't have them.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D    House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:50 am

i think this is a lot funner than time crisis even if the script is stupidly littered with f-bombs
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D    House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:02 am

Wow, House of the Dead 3 is cheaper than I expected. Only £3.35 with Plus (£4.80 normally).
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D    House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:41 am

so is it good?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D    House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:30 am

It's alright. It's a very obviously a straight arcade port. It's not even wide screen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D    House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut; With Move ~ And 3D
Page 1 of 1