Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3DS Ambassador... nice goodies

Go down 
+5
Dr. Chocolate
Maskull
Neo
Haseoviawesome
SimianWonder
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Empty
PostSubject: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 1:06 pm

Thanks to Nintendo basically getting the marketing for the 3DS wrong, theyinfamously cut the price by £70 two months after release. This didn't both me overly because I bought mine off eBay and paid even less for it than the new lower RRP. However, in order to appease the early adopters, Nintendo basically said they'll be giving away loads of freebies to download at a later date. That "later date" has now come, and I opened my 3DS this morning to see that it has automatically downloaded another dozen or so games, some of which I'm genuinely excited about.

Mario Kart Super Circuit? Zelda Minish Cap? Fire Emblem Sacred Stones? Metroid?

All present and correct. I've not played any of these titles, and while they're the standout titles of the bunch, I'm quietly pretty smug that I've got them for free considering I paid nothing like full price for the hardware in the first place. I'm not sure what to tackle first, but I've not played a Fire Emblem title before so I'll try that I think...
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 3:20 am

Now I want a 3ds Sad
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 8:20 am

Legend of Groose wrote:
Now I want a 3ds Sad
Even if you got one now you wouldn't get those GBA games, they were only available to people who activated their systems before the price drop.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 8:29 am

Fire Emblem has one hell of a learning curve. The first four chapters it leads you by the hand, but come chapter five the difficulty spikes considerably. Great game though, perfect portable fodder.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 5:56 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Fire Emblem has one hell of a learning curve. The first four chapters it leads you by the hand, but come chapter five the difficulty spikes considerably. Great game though, perfect portable fodder.
well, the spike is countered by the infinite training tower you unlock after chapter 7.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:36 am

Bag of Oranges wrote:
Legend of Groose wrote:
Now I want a 3ds Sad
Even if you got one now you wouldn't get those GBA games, they were only available to people who activated their systems before the price drop.
Eh, I might of been able to get them free another way.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 4:15 pm

Bag of Oranges wrote:
Legend of Groose wrote:
Now I want a 3ds Sad
I want a 3DS, and not in need to play GBA games on it cause
Legend of Groose wrote:
Eh, I might of been able to get them free another way.
I downloaded many of those
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 4:33 pm

Maskull wrote:
well, the spike is countered by the infinite training tower you unlock after chapter 7.

I'm well past Chapter seven and I don't recall seeing anything of the kind.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 5:13 pm

Sacred stones was boring as hell compared to the other fire emblems.

You can take that as if you like the sacred stones the other fire emblems are a treat.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 7:31 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Sacred stones was boring as hell compared to the other fire emblems.

You can take that as if you like the sacred stones the other fire emblems are a treat.

Sacred Stone is better than Radiant Dawn and Shadow Dragon still. They all are pretty good, but the best is Blazing Sword.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 4:02 am

Those are newer though aren't they?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 4:03 am

Yeah I think they're on DS and maybe Wii respectively.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 4:22 am

Apparently the 3DS is beating the Vita in Japan.
Kind of shocked me.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 5:23 am

Bring On The Rain wrote:
Kind of shocked me.
Its nintendo and way cheaper and had a head start. I can't believe you're actually this stupid, stop wasting ppl's time with petty trolling attempts.

Are you going to be suprised next time a mario game sells well to? Or that Microsoft's new console will outsell the PS4 in America?
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 5:35 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Bring On The Rain wrote:
Kind of shocked me.
Its nintendo and way cheaper and had a head start. I can't believe you're actually this stupid, stop wasting ppl's time with petty trolling attempts.

Are you going to be suprised next time a mario game sells well to? Or that Microsoft's new console will outsell the PS4 in America?

Where did that come from?

I read it off an article on G4 recently...
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 5:44 am

Bring On The Rain wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Bring On The Rain wrote:
Kind of shocked me.

You finding it shocking is what i'm referring to. The fact that could be shocking to you at all, makes you either a troll or an idiot, i chose troll as you can't be that stupid. Considering you are a gamer and spend excessive amounts on gamefaqs and make lots of statements which are facts and then everything anyone else says you have to point out is opinion. If that isn't obvious enough.

*waits for inevitable misread or i didn't say that statement*
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 5:50 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Bring On The Rain wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Bring On The Rain wrote:
Kind of shocked me.

You finding it shocking is what i'm referring to. The fact that could be shocking to you at all, makes you either a troll or an idiot, i chose troll as you can't be that stupid. Considering you are a gamer and spend excessive amounts on gamefaqs and make lots of statements which are facts and then everything anyone else says you have to point out is opinion. If that isn't obvious enough.

*waits for inevitable misread or i didn't say that statement*

Uuuumm. Okay...I'll just move along.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 5:55 am

I don't see any reason to get a PS Vita at this point in time, if it gets a great catalogue of games i'll be interested but the fact is most handhelds just get inferior versions of main console games and they eventually get ported over and improved on consoles these days anyway.

That said shinobido is the best ninja game well i should say ninja sim ever. There's nothing else that comes close. Acquire decided america wasn't going to appreciate it though so you never got to play it.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 6:03 am

If the Vita gets hacked/modded I'll probably get one. After what people managed to do with the PSP a more powerful system could potentially be amazing.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 6:05 am

Bag of Oranges wrote:
If the Vita gets hacked/modded I'll probably get one. After what people managed to do with the PSP a more powerful system could potentially be amazing.
Thing is the current gen of handconsoles sounds like it is more likely the creators will try to brick your systems if you run custom firmware. That is a pretty big concern. Also you kinda need to get the earluer models if you want to customise as later there'll be more precautions in check or they'll be prepatched.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 6:10 am

The first thing modders would have to do is disable the automatic updating which shouldn't be too difficult assuming they already have root system access. If someone voluntarily installed an official update over the top of CFW they deserve to get bricked.

The earlier models thing is true though, hopefully I'd be able to pick one up as soon as a proper hack happened otherwise you have to go through Ebay or someone who sells modded consoles.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 9:54 pm

I played Super Mario 3D Land today, and it was brilliant! I can't believe portable gaming's got this far. I'm still holding out for the Vita, though. Stupid Dale North is making me want one, but there are so incredibly many PSP games I have yet to play, so by the time I'm done with them, the Vita will probably have either a new iteration, or a much lower price. It's about £200 new, and £150 if you trade in your PSP, but it has to drop in price at some point.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 11:58 pm

The 3DS is a great piece of kit, there just aren't enough must-have games that really make that third dimesnion count.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:11 am

Snake Eater is the one I want to see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3DS Ambassador... nice goodies   3DS Ambassador... nice goodies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3DS Ambassador... nice goodies
Page 1 of 1