Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What game should I get next?

Go down 
+3
Ellis
Superbuu3
Kaede
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

What game should I get next? Empty
PostSubject: What game should I get next?   What game should I get next? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 5:28 pm

Borderlands GOTY - $21
Dead Rising 2 - $20
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record - $29
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage - $30
Red Alert 3 - $25
Yakuza 4 - $26

NB: We pay just about the most for games in the first world, so these games are dirt cheap, though maybe not by American standards.
I have not played any of the Dead Risings, and I play very little FPSs and no RTSs. I did finish Yakuza 3, and I liked it a lot.
The only reason I've chosen these six is because they're tax free, and I'm short on leisure money.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What game should I get next?   What game should I get next? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 5:37 pm

Kaede wrote:
Borderlands GOTY - $21
Dead Rising 2 - $20
Red Alert 3 - $25
Yakuza 4 - $26

NB: We pay just about the most for games in the first world, so these games are dirt cheap, though maybe not by American standards.
I have not played any of the Dead Risings, and I play very little FPSs and no RTSs. I did finish Yakuza 3, and I liked it a lot.
The only reason I've chosen these six is because they're tax free, and I'm short on leisure money.
Are you a yakuza series vet? Honestly i thought it was one of the weaker entries, due to the fact that the enemies never block so you can wreck things a bit too easily that said the new characters are fun to use. The story for the most part is interesting till it seems like a bit much BS. Off the record is way better then vanilla DR2, so i'd go for that, between those two. I can also play OTR with you although without a mic its probably not as fun, but i can help you if you get stuck on stuff.

If you are a FOTNS fan Ken's rage is awesome fun, but really i'd only recommend it if your either into FOTNS or like that style of game. Red alert 3 will probably be cheaper for you on steam and yeah i think its a really fun game.

Did you end up buying a PS3?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: What game should I get next?   What game should I get next? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 6:32 pm

Of the games on that list, not only is Borderlands the best option, having the GotY edition is gonna have you playing forever.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What game should I get next?   What game should I get next? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 6:37 pm

Richard Harrow wrote:
Of the games on that list, not only is Borderlands the best option, having the GotY edition is gonna have you playing forever.
No one wants to finish the underdome with you Ellis just deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: What game should I get next?   What game should I get next? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:18 pm

Why don't you man up and do it with me? I'm calling you out. I don't think you can handle it.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: What game should I get next?   What game should I get next? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:46 pm

Yakuza 4.

Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: What game should I get next?   What game should I get next? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:24 pm

I love you ping pong I love you pure love in kamurocho I love you
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: What game should I get next?   What game should I get next? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:43 pm

Richard Harrow wrote:
Why don't you man up and do it with me? I'm calling you out. I don't think you can handle it.
Don't go cheating on me bro, I told you I'd finish it with you. Just gotta give me until Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: What game should I get next?   What game should I get next? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:54 pm

Sweet man I'ma hold you too it. Then I'll have all the trophies and my e-peen will be huge.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: What game should I get next?   What game should I get next? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 10:02 pm

my e-penis is tiny, but i have a good excuse, i'm asian
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: What game should I get next?   What game should I get next? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 11:48 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Kaede wrote:
Borderlands GOTY - $21
Dead Rising 2 - $20
Red Alert 3 - $25
Yakuza 4 - $26

Are you a yakuza series vet? Honestly i thought it was one of the weaker entries, due to the fact that the enemies never block so you can wreck things a bit too easily that said the new characters are fun to use. The story for the most part is interesting till it seems like a bit much BS. Off the record is way better then vanilla DR2, so i'd go for that, between those two. I can also play OTR with you although without a mic its probably not as fun, but i can help you if you get stuck on stuff.

If you are a FOTNS fan Ken's rage is awesome fun, but really i'd only recommend it if your either into FOTNS or like that style of game. Red alert 3 will probably be cheaper for you on steam and yeah i think its a really fun game.

I know jack shit about FotNS, but I thought this looked fun. I only played Yakuza 3, but I really liked Kazuma, and the demo for 4 was fun. Also, I'm still somewhat of a weeaboo, so the story alone would be enough to justify most price tags for me. Dead Rising looks fun, but the controls look pretty crappy. Are they annoying?
My Windows laptop doesn't have any video card drivers, for some reason, so I can't play RA3 on that. The mac version is not on Steam. I did hear that the PS3 version was good, though, and a friend says the 360 version is pretty good, so I don't really mind.

I just stole my brother's. He just does school work and plays MY version of ClaDun these days, anyway, so he doesn't mind.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: What game should I get next?   What game should I get next? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 12:07 pm

Kaede wrote:
My Windows laptop doesn't have any video card drivers, for some reason, so I can't play RA3 on that. The mac version is not on Steam. I did hear that the PS3 version was good, though, and a friend says the 360 version is pretty good, so I don't really mind.
Please don't ever play a RTS without M&K. If you don't have up to date drivers installed you can easily find the ones you need by running dxdiag.exe or installing Speccy and then just googling the graphics processor you have.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What game should I get next?   What game should I get next? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 1:51 pm

Kaede wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Kaede wrote:
Borderlands GOTY - $21
Dead Rising 2 - $20
Red Alert 3 - $25
Yakuza 4 - $26

I know jack shit about FotNS, but I thought this looked fun. I only played Yakuza 3, but I really liked Kazuma, and the demo for 4 was fun. Also, I'm still somewhat of a weeaboo, so the story alone would be enough to justify most price tags for me. Dead Rising looks fun, but the controls look pretty crappy. Are they annoying?

I just stole my brother's. He just does school work and plays MY version of ClaDun these days, anyway, so he doesn't mind.

Well Y4 does have more crazy antics and the combat system is at its best (i do think kazuya was missing at least two moves though if not more). As far as dead rising goes if you like zombie games its very fun. The combat is comparatively clunky compared to Yakuza but it fits with the game seeing as you literally are grabbing anything handy to kill zombies with, although i generally only use special weapons the whole time and i never have any difficulties with those.

Also even though i make a point of disagreeing with neo when he goes on about PCs, you probably will be missing out not playing RA3 with a mouse seeing as its just a better interface with it.

So basically out of those games Y4 is the safe bet if you don't mind the game seeming easy. Although i am very good at yakuza, so unleess you found yakuza 3 a cakewalk on hard it probably not an issue though playing yakuza 4 on hard makes the most sense. Mind you can't change the difficulty once you start the game.

Oh yeah and there's a silver trophy for completing the game on normal, which you actually need to do on normal. Maybe you should do that first.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: What game should I get next?   What game should I get next? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 4:44 pm

N-Dizzle wrote:
Kaede wrote:
Please don't ever play a RTS without M&K. If you don't have up to date drivers installed you can easily find the ones you need by running dxdiag.exe or installing Speccy and then just googling the graphics processor you have.

Yeah, but my computer is shit, and I'd just play Touhou if I had drivers.

Superbuu3 wrote:
Kaede wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Kaede wrote:
Borderlands GOTY - $21
Dead Rising 2 - $20
Red Alert 3 - $25
Yakuza 4 - $26

Well Y4 does have more crazy antics and the combat system is at its best (i do think kazuya was missing at least two moves though if not more). As far as dead rising goes if you like zombie games its very fun. The combat is comparatively clunky compared to Yakuza but it fits with the game seeing as you literally are grabbing anything handy to kill zombies with, although i generally only use special weapons the whole time and i never have any difficulties with those.

Also even though i make a point of disagreeing with neo when he goes on about PCs, you probably will be missing out not playing RA3 with a mouse seeing as its just a better interface with it.

So basically out of those games Y4 is the safe bet if you don't mind the game seeming easy. Although i am very good at yakuza, so unleess you found yakuza 3 a cakewalk on hard it probably not an issue though playing yakuza 4 on hard makes the most sense. Mind you can't change the difficulty once you start the game.

Oh yeah and there's a silver trophy for completing the game on normal, which you actually need to do on normal. Maybe you should do that first.

Thanks for all the feedback! I'll think about it some more, and then post my decision. Too many damned games!
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: What game should I get next?   What game should I get next? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 4:56 pm

I guess drivers are kinda irrelevant then if your computer is bad anyway.
Bear in mind if you have Windows discs you can use Bootcamp on your mac which, I assume is more up to date.

I honestly reckon that Yakuza or Dead Rising OTR would be the best purchases off that list though as they don't rely on multiplayer for most of the fun they offer.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: What game should I get next?   What game should I get next? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 11:05 pm

I forgot to mention that Yakuza 4 also has some of the best lines I've ever heard in a video game. Example:

- Lets' go, Kido-chan. Strip.

*strips*

- Oooh! Those are some big guns to keep tucked away.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: What game should I get next?   What game should I get next? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 1:17 am

it could be bad translations
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What game should I get next?   What game should I get next? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 2:19 am

Blair Waldorf wrote:
I forgot to mention that Yakuza 4 also has some of the best lines I've ever heard in a video game. Example:

- Lets' go, Kido-chan. Strip.

*strips*

- Oooh! Those are some big guns to keep tucked away.

https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/t13617-best-of-yakuza-quotes-thread

i<3claire wrote:

What do you have against the japanese? They could've easily put those in for humour.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: What game should I get next?   What game should I get next? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 7:24 am

i<3claire wrote:

Nope. Trust me, I haven't played the game, but that's not a translatory issue.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: What game should I get next?   What game should I get next? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 9:00 pm

I just fixed my drivers, and hurt my hand from punching a solid brick wall. Ouch.
Still, my internet browser looks damn sexy, and I can now play Ika-chan, so I might look into Red Alert 3 of Rome Total War. Or just play Touhou.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What game should I get next?   What game should I get next? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 4:52 am

Get a mic and you can play RA 3 with me and neo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What game should I get next?   What game should I get next? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What game should I get next?
Page 1 of 1