Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You should all watch Misfits.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

You should all watch Misfits. Empty
PostSubject: You should all watch Misfits.   You should all watch Misfits. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 1:34 am

Just do it. Any synopsis I can think of would just spoil it, so have one from wikipedia:

Quote :
Misfits is a British science fiction comedy-drama television series about a group of young offenders forced to work in a community service programme, where they obtain supernatural powers after a strange electrical storm.

It's one of the best TV dramas I've ever seen with some of the best characters in any show ever. It won a BAFTA if that means anything to anyone.

There's been two series already, plus a Christmas special. Series 3 begins on October 30th, but you need to watch it from the beginning.

It's British, so you have no excuse not to watch it since you can watch the entire show in an afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: You should all watch Misfits.   You should all watch Misfits. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 4:42 am

I caught a few episodes of it on tv but I never bothered to watch it properly. It looked interesting though so I might download it after exams and all.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: You should all watch Misfits.   You should all watch Misfits. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 11:55 pm

I'll wait for Josh Schwartz' American remake.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: You should all watch Misfits.   You should all watch Misfits. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 9:24 am

I am literally 2 minutes in and I just know I'm going to like the bloke with curly black hair. I apparently don't remember much at all about the characters from the two/three episodes I saw last year, that's good, almost like a fresh slate.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: You should all watch Misfits.   You should all watch Misfits. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:43 am

I am greatly saddened by the lack of a certain character in the first episode of season 3. It's just not the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You should all watch Misfits.   You should all watch Misfits. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:01 am

I think Rudy has room to grow, but right now I think he's too similar to Nathan.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: You should all watch Misfits.   You should all watch Misfits. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:08 am

He's similar to Nathan without being as ruthlessly awesome, he definitely has potential though. I think the writers realised the void he created when he left and so tried to fill it by copying his character and having another 'funny guy'. I'm just not feeling it.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: You should all watch Misfits.   You should all watch Misfits. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 8:52 am

Those What If episodes man, I guess it's always only a matter of time before anything with time travel involved in it gets to 'let's go stop Hitler!'

I liked that they brought back the bloke who was killed by the black probation worker in the first episode too, it's the little things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You should all watch Misfits.   You should all watch Misfits. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:43 pm

They also brought back the Ice Girl from Season 2, Episode 2 and the Comic Book Guy from last episode.

I kept thinking Nathan was going to show up and save the day. Now that would have been fucking amazing. As it stands, the episode was alright but I really dislike how they're trying to make "Fookin' Rocket Scientist" into a meme.

Rudy was great in this episode though.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: You should all watch Misfits.   You should all watch Misfits. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 6:20 am

Yeah, they're really trying to push it. Nathan being back would have been brilliant, I agree. I didn't notice the comic book guy, though.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: You should all watch Misfits.   You should all watch Misfits. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:31 am

Well from the original 5 misfits there are now only 2, as well as Rudy and the powers dealer bloke. I wonder what sort of characters they'll bring in next. Fingers still crossed for Nathan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You should all watch Misfits.   You should all watch Misfits. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You should all watch Misfits.
Page 1 of 1