Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Medievil

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:48 am

This hasn't aged that badly looks like it probably would've been above average at least graphics wise. I just hope gameplay has aged as decently. I already like this characters look and the story interests me.

I can tell i actually would've loved this at the time. Its not aged well, but its definitely still fun. I think the main problem is how floaty the zombies are, they bounce off your sword and the sound effect doesn't really feel like your hitting them. It looks like its got a lot of secrets at least i hope it has. There seems to be multipaths which weren't all that common back on the PS1 which is cool.

Also i unlocked weapons almost immediately if this is a regular occurence this could be fun.

I remember i really wanted this game when i was a kid but never got it.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 2:27 am

If you're good enough you'll unlock a new weapon almost every level. Best game on the PS besides FFVII. The gameplay is very loose which can take a while to get used to but it's one of those controll scemes that is hard to master but when you do you can romp through the game and have a blast. Great humor too.

Also secrets are abound in this game. I am a walking strategy guide for it so if you need help or want to know what secrets you missed in a level let me know.

I love this game so much that when I started my gfaqs account in '04 I named myself SirDan in it's honor.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 5:38 am

I still stand by it being the best game on the PS.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:22 am

Skip wrote:
I still stand by it being the best game on the PS.
I could believe its one of the best. I'll have to see if it lives up to that as i play through the whole thing.

Being the best on PS1 is pretty hard though don't forget MGS1/Soul reaver/FF7/8/9/SF:Alpha 3/Gran Turismo/Castlevania: SOTN/Spyro (which honestly pretty much destroys every platformer ever, I only thought R&C1 really was a worthy successor to the series, the others kinda became shooters)

Oh yeah and this like Spyro is crippled by the horrible audio in the dialogue sections, i've no idea why the audio is so bad on some games its meant to be CD quality sound.

Castlevania and SF: Alpha 3 also gain bonus points for aging amazingly well as rather then 1st gen 3d graphics we got the best 2d animations the console had to offer, although i'm sure someone will pull out ArcSystems or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:32 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Spyro (which honestly pretty much destroys every platformer ever, I only thought R&C1 really was a worthy successor to the series, the others kinda became shooters)

Crash Bandicoot says to fuck off.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:34 pm

Mad 802 Love wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Spyro (which honestly pretty much destroys every platformer ever, I only thought R&C1 really was a worthy successor to the series, the others kinda became shooters)

Medievil Crash+Bandicoot+Dance+www+thefacepalm+org_68d8b8_218370
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:36 pm

Mad 802 Love wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

I only played the first Crash bandicoot. The first spyro is definitely better then the first CB.

I've no idea how good the later ones are.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:40 pm

THEY CHANGE EVERYTHING.

Seriously though you should pick them up. I love the first one but it is literally shit compared to 2/3. 3 came out at the same time as the first Spyro. I would never have known about Spyro if not for the demo with the third CB.

They are like 5 bucks on the store. You really should get them. If I were to rank the games it would be 1) FFVII 2) Medievil 3)CB 2: Cortex Strikes Back. It's that good.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:42 pm

Mad 802 Love wrote:
THEY CHANGE EVERYTHING.

Seriously though you should pick them up. I love the first one but it is literally shit compared to 2/3. 3 came out at the same time as the first Spyro. I would never have known about Spyro if not for the demo with the third CB.

They are like 5 bucks on the store. You really should get them. If I were to rank the games it would be 1) FFVII 2) Medievil 3)CB 2: Cortex Strikes Back. It's that good.
Ridan polar bears like a boss.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:48 pm

Mad 802 Love wrote:
THEY CHANGE EVERYTHING.

Have they actually aged well, like have you played them recently.

I also heard that the later crashes were better. Also what about Ape Escape that was the other platformer everyone said was like best game ever on PS1.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:54 pm

Yea they have aged well. Some of the tightest platforming ever made in my opinion. I play through 1-3 and CTR almost every other year.

As for Ape Escape I never really got into them. I had the first game (came free with a PS Underground subscription) and it was fun but it was basically just there to force people to use the r-stick. I do hear people say it's a good PS game but I never really took to it like that.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:58 pm

Alright i'm in cemetery hills, and i found a club and got into this place which talks about summoning a witch.

There's this room with a bunch of locked doors adn zombies and treasure behind them and a grey thing in the middle, what am i supposed to be doing?

Also is this a game i should rush through the levels for abilities and back track or can i solve things at the given time?

Also is there anyway to switch to analog in this?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:00 pm

Light the club on fire and light fires in the building.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:02 pm

Skip wrote:
Light the club on fire and light fires in the building.
Thanks, but next time point out that doing this will cause me to get raped by every zombie in the room...
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:11 pm

Where's the witch?
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:13 pm

And hit the PS button and co to controller settings and put it from digital to anolog. And you can come back to any leve lanytime to get secrets/the chalice. Make sure you are gettting the chalice every level (you can tell on the world map as the level name will have a chalice name if you do). Getting the chalice gives you boss weapons and extra life bottles. If you get every chalice as you progress, your arsonal will be so formidable it wont even be funny.

Pro top: for the cemetary level, hit the angel statue with your sword and rotate it towards the gate to get that levels chalice if you haven't already. You'll get the bitchin crossbow for doing it and it beats the hell out of throwing daggers.

There is no witch, just a witches talisman. Make sure you get it as you'll need it for other levels.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:16 pm

Mad 802 Love wrote:
And hit the PS button and co to controller settings and put it from digital to anolog. And you can come back to any leve lanytime to get secrets/the chalice. Make sure you are gettting the chalice every level (you can tell on the world map as the level name will have a chalice name if you do). Getting the chalice gives you boss weapons and extra life bottles. If you get every chalice as you progress, your arsonal will be so formidable it wont even be funny.

Pro top: for the cemetary level, hit the angel statue with your sword and rotate it towards the gate to get that levels chalice if you haven't already. You'll get the bitchin crossbow for doing it and it beats the hell out of throwing daggers.

There is no witch, just a witches talisman. Make sure you get it as you'll need it for other levels.
Oh cool i did all that.

Is it alright to use the crossbow liberally or is ammo an issue. I'm not sure if this is a game i should horde.

I can genuinely see why this is a classic i'm kinda gutted i didn't play this back in the day when it would've looked impressive.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:17 pm

Don't use it too much unless you want to shell out most of your money on bolts. Best to save it for situations that call for it like the 'robot' things in the wheatfields.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:19 pm

Naw feel free to use them liberally. You might want to save them now though as you'll really need as many as you can hold for the first boss of the game. There are generally plenty of merchant gargoyales around though.

Also FYI you can use the club to break rocks no matter how large. And don't worry about the percentage going down too much, there are plenty of clubs to be found throughout the game and you'll eventually get the war hammer making it useless for everything but lighting on fire.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:20 pm

Mad 802 Love wrote:
Naw feel free to use them liberally. You might want to save them now though as you'll really need as many as you can hold for the first boss of the game. There are generally plenty of merchant gargoyales around though.

Also FYI you can use the club to break rocks no matter how large. And don't worry about the percentage going down too much, there are plenty of clubs to be found throughout the game and you'll eventually get the war hammer making it useless for everything but lighting on fire.
I always preferred daggers for the first boss anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:22 pm

Crossbow will have him dead in under a minute. Daggers make it a challenge though. You could be a boss and beat him by throwing your arm at him. Only a true master of the game does a bronze shield and arm run.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:24 pm

Oh, I might actually try that. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:27 pm

...I suck at this game i got killed on a slope with loads of boulders.

I was trying to jump them and grab all the goodies. I seem to be bad at timing the club to smash them.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:29 pm

You could also hold down triangle and have your shield eat the damage. Don't be afraid to use your sheild at any time. You will be finding a better sheild soon anyway and there generally isn't a shrtage of sheild refils.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:58 pm

Some little shit swiped my sword how do i get another?

Killed the first boss the crossbow wrecked him.

The second boss those guardian dogs were a joke. Looks like a forking path i can go some enchanted place or some scarecrow place. Gonna stop playing now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Medievil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medievil   Medievil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Medievil
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: Action Adventure-
Jump to: