Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Lion King in theaters

Go down 
+6
Superbuu3
L Ron Hubbard
Baal
A_Nonny_Moose
Ellis
Talking Sock
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 10:55 pm

The real Lion King bloopers were all about how the voice actors incidentally used names from Kimba.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:02 pm

The lion king was so bad it felt like a blooper reel of Kimba.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:35 pm

Naw The Lion King was Disney's first completely original story. Everyone knows that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:10 am

The Lion King is Hamlet. I don't what this Kimba shit you're all talking about is.

Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:17 am

Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:21 am

Wow. Next your going to tell me that Disney's version of Robin Hood wasn't the original.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:23 am

I moved the topic to the movie board since it might as well be a discussion for the upcoming theatrical release of TLK since we're poking fun at its promotional video anyway.

I just checked my local theater's website and they finally added a slot showing TLK without 3D, hell yes. I was worried we'd be force to sit through that converted 3D nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:39 am

thats like the first time you used your mod powers, honestly i forgot you had them despite the blue name.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:44 am

The whole point of the rerelease is he 3D. Why would anywhere be showing it in 2D?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:55 am

I don't know, maybe they just wanted to provide an alternative to those who are uncomfortable with 3D. But hey, why question it? It's a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:15 am

How are you uncofortable with 3D Sora, you live in 3D if you didn't notice.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:22 am

3d is fucking aweful. I refuse to go to the theater anymore because of this stupid fad. I'll go back next year when that shit's faded out.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:34 am

Kaio wrote:
http://www.kimbawlion.com/rant2.htm

spread the word

And there goes my childhood...
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 4:24 am

SSMG wrote:
Kaio wrote:
http://www.kimbawlion.com/rant2.htm

spread the word

And there goes my childhood...

If it makes you feel better, a lot of that is actually bullshit and giving Kimba way too much credit.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:16 pm

Yes, it definitely does make me feel a little better.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:20 pm

Don't listen to the fanboy hypocrite. When Kenji Yamamoto took some music cues from his beloved James Horner it was plagiarism, but when it's a western stealing from a Japan it's all well and good and a weeaboo conspiracy.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:31 pm

Yeah that's very true. I don't know what to believe anymore.... I guess i should just find this Kimba and watch it myself.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 4:13 pm

Kaio wrote:
Don't listen to the fanboy hypocrite. When Kenji Yamamoto took some music cues from his beloved James Horner it was plagiarism

I was never bothered by it. I poked fun at him for taking cues from numerous sources(even before his track that ripped off a Horner cue was composed) but I never thought ill of the guy. Hell, Horner himself freaking plagerises cues all the time. It's a bloody common thing among even the best of composers.

Quote :
but when it's a western stealing from a Japan it's all well and good and a weeaboo conspiracy

I'm not denying that there was some inspiration or plagerism, or hell, even the possibility that their first intention was a Kimba remake based on that old still image. I'm merely pointing out, as someone who's actually watched through Kimba, how most of the comparisons and claims on that site were actually just either another element of Hamlet/The Exodus story(Mufasa's ghost), grapsing at straws(a generic stampede scene), or just flat out bull(dangling off a "cliff" indeed). Not to mention the sourceless nonsense clogging up half of that page.

If one is to make a decent TLK/Kimba controversy analysis, shouldn't it be a bit more thorough, considerate of other inspirations, and unbiased instead of blatant fanboy whiny BS and sourceless information? Pointing out potential but trivial similarities and artistic inspiration is one thing, pointing fingers and calling TLK a gigantic rip-off when ultimately both franchises are quite different(save for revolving around a lion ruler) is another.
Back to top Go down
L Ron Hubbard
Chalupa Batman MacArthur
L Ron Hubbard

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 5:22 pm

While we're on the subject of controversies surrounding The Lion King:

The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Disneysex.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://www.scientology.org
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 5:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:06 am

The Iron Fjord wrote:
While we're on the subject of controversies surrounding The Lion King:

The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Disneysex.jpg

It's sad that, even though their intention was "SFX", Disney was so pussy that they edited that out in later releases. =/

They edited that line that sounded like "good teenagers, take off your clothes" in Aladdin too.
Back to top Go down
L Ron Hubbard
Chalupa Batman MacArthur
L Ron Hubbard

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:11 am

Exactly! The last time I watched the Lion King, I was 3 years old, and I don't remember the SEX and LIE's in the background. The only thing I really remember about it, was crying. Oh, and the Hakuna Matata song. That song rules!
Back to top Go down
http://www.scientology.org
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:15 am

I hope their next film has some controversial smexness.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:18 am

SOK wrote:

They edited that line that sounded like "good teenagers, take off your clothes" in Aladdin too.

WHAT? Never heard about this.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:21 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
SOK wrote:

WHAT? Never heard about this.

There was a line where he says "Down kitty, now take off and go," or something like that when Jasmine's pet tiger was trying to rape him on the balcony and it apparently sounded like the other line described above.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King in theaters   The Lion King in theaters - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Lion King in theaters
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next